ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Northwestern: Official Gamethread

Well since you're here taking the refs side. Do you feel that catch was offensive interference? Do you feel that last catch/fumble should've at least been reviewed? Let me know what your ref complaints are? Those were potential impact/game changing plays. They went your way!

Yes to both. The first was interference and the second should have been reviewed but was clearly an incomplete pass after seeing the replay. The receiver never established full control of the ball. Every game has it's share of questionable calls for both sides. I don't think this was any different but ultimately the game was settled on the field.

Best of luck to you guys. Moore is legit but he needs some help. You guys need to find a way to establish a running game when Sindelar is in the game in order to force defenses to defend the field horizontally and vertically.

Yes to both. The first was interference and the second should have been reviewed but was clearly an incomplete pass after seeing the replay. The receiver never established full control of the ball. Every game has it's share of questionable calls for both sides. I don't think this was any different but ultimately the game was settled on the field.

Best of luck to you guys. Moore is legit but he needs some help. You guys need to find a way to establish a running game when Sindelar is in the game in order to force defenses to defend the field horizontally and vertically.
If the game was settled on the field Purdue would have ended on offense. With a win or a loss

Reactions: ANDY597
What I saw was Neal trying to strip the ball and Larkin getting away with an academy award winning flop. An official decided to become part of the game.

Fair point, Indy to express the way you saw it...JMO, we can agree to disagree.....you can't make it that close then.

More importantly, I hope Simeon Smiley is ok and can recover....that was tough to watch, and I haven't heard any updates yet.

Fair point, Indy to express the way you saw it...JMO, we can agree to disagree.....you can't make it that close then.

More importantly, I hope Simeon Smiley is ok and can recover....that was tough to watch, and I haven't heard any updates yet.
I truly enojoyed watching Purdue. But there were a couple of plays that I actually got angry and that doesn’t usually happen.

On a short Larkin run Purdue stopped forward progress and a whistle never blew. So NW started pushing. This went on for an egregious amount of seconds. To then call Neal is frustrating especially when it decides a hard fought game.

The second was when they reviewed the tipped ball they called complete. It wasn’t even remotely close and the fact they called it a catch proved to me the officials weren’t of high quality. Glad they reviewed it, and I hope they feel ultra incompetent when they realized how far off it was from a catch.

You can't make that call. The guys calling the game weren't even sure if he established the catch. As well, you haven't explained any of the call against Northwestern that were game changing.

I'll go glass half full since everyone else's is empty. Holt did some sort of masterpiece at halftime with our D.
Guys started tackling and rallying to the ball. The young LB's also started to get used to the RPO offense NU runs and Thorson wasn't quite as effective when the scheme was adjusted to account for that. Thorson will be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick in the spring but not really impressed with their backup.

Guys started tackling and rallying to the ball. The young LB's also started to get used to the RPO offense NU runs and Thorson wasn't quite as effective when the scheme was adjusted to account for that. Thorson will be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick in the spring but not really impressed with their backup.

Tend to agree, JDB. If they can sustain a pass rush, hopefully forcing some turnovers will follow. Really liked the adjustments - will also be interesting to see how they adjust on offense when teams' scheme/gameplan keys on Rondale Moore.

Green for NW was serviceable, but I think NW would have some problems if Thorson goes down or is out for any significant period.

The Boilers still have a QB quandry - a good problem to have sometimes, but I don't know how it appears if you're primarily going with the guy who doesn't make the killer mistakes - it's a conservative concept. A buffet of pessimism and optimism from last night's game.....I'm full for now. :)

So I’ve noticed my d$$$ish posts to our NW rivals have been deleted. I do apologize. I tend to get fired up after a few strong drinks. But I also want to protect this board from intrusion. We have a poor record of non-natives. So I will try to be more accommodating.

So I’ve noticed my d$$$ish posts to our NW rivals have been deleted. I do apologize. I tend to get fired up after a few strong drinks. But I also want to protect this board from intrusion. We have a poor record of non-natives. So I will try to be more accommodating.
I just hope your social standing wasn’t hurt.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT