ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Missouri: Look Ahead & Predictions

What's the impact of Sindelar possibly not playing?

If (and this is a BIG if) Blough can keep the chains moving, Purdue might be able to chew clock and keep Mizzou's offense on the sidelines. But, Purdue could be in for a long day if the offense grinds to a halt.

What's the impact of Sindelar possibly not playing?

If (and this is a BIG if) Blough can keep the chains moving, Purdue might be able to chew clock and keep Mizzou's offense on the sidelines. But, Purdue could be in for a long day if the offense grinds to a halt.
Hard to tell because both have moved the ball this season but Sindelar clearly has the higher ceiling if he isn't throwing it to the other team and is making the right reads. The question now becomes who is the #2 behind Blough. Both Blough and Sindelar have shown a propensity to getting hurt and I'm not sure who I trust more to run the offense as a very young QB. I guess it is a good thing that the running game has appeared to be better than previously thought as long as they aren't putting the ball on the ground and if need be, Knox/Fuller/Jones/Moore/Horvath can grind out a game.

This is a really tough game to predict.

Stats aren't an indicator. Drew Lock threw over 40 TDs last year, but averaged only 18 points against teams with winning records. He has looked great so far this year, but he has had an eternity to go through his progressions. He still has to prove it against a good team.

Last year's game isn't an indicator. Missouri had major internal problems on the team and in the coaching staff at the start of last season. The DC from last year's game was fired. Purdue absolutely dominated TOP last year. Missouri's defense is much better than how they played in that one game ( or more accurately that brief stretch of games).

I don't think Purdue's struggles so far dictate an outcome. It's still early in the season and the Boilers are going to be looking for redemption.

As a Tiger fan 2 things have me hopeful.

1) After last year's game Missouri figured out what they had in Hall as a deep threat and it opened up the offense. Even though MU's running game hasn't been great so far, there is an experienced line and there are backs who have been successful.

2) The defense has a pulse. Last year they couldn't stop Missouri state from scoring 42. Missouri hasn't faced any high-powered offenses so far, but they started out last year as the keystone cops.

Dog, are you planning on going to our BC game in 2020?
I am because I have a friend who has an open door policy for friends now that he bought his first house. He is a firefighter/water rescue diver for a township just outside of Boston. Going to try and get there for an extended weekend to tour the city (bucket list item) and then watch the game before heading home.

MU pass blocks very well and Lock has been turned loose and is a NFL QB with a strong arm who suddenly started running very effectively last week, is smart and sees the field very well. His receivers are outstanding and a couple of tr freshmen have made impact and added depth. two TE's are very good one will play on sundays. If you can't generate a pass rush in last two games, this O line doesn't let many hurries so good luck.

D is playing solid and has an outstanding dline against the rush and depth. will be interesting to see how this plays out. lbers excellent, DB's average. Should be competitive game.

27-21 Boilers. Don’t tell me Mizzou how good you are against weaker opponents. Do like the state slogan says, Show Me!

I hear that Missouri remembers last year , well Purdue remembers they beat them last year too. Don't quite get how other teams are out for revenge but Purdue isn't , like when they played Northwestern 2 weeks ago.Purdue isn't gonna stand around while Missouri plays football. Lets see what happens, predictions mean nothing .

I mean...even the Purdue beat writers are predicting Mizzou to beat the brakes off the Boilermakers. What does that tell you?

I mean...even the Purdue beat writers are predicting Mizzou to beat the brakes off the Boilermakers. What does that tell you?
Means nothing. Purdue blew two games it should have won - by 5 points. Mizzou hasn’t really played anybody yet - and tonight they will. Let’s see how Mizzou does on the road in front of an energized, liquored-up crowd under the lights.

I think Mizzou is going to piss down it’s leg. Mizzou didn’t beat a team with a winning record last year when it picked up the pieces after Purdue put a beat down on the Tigers, did it? Brohm is a better coach than Barry Odom. We’ll find a way to get it done tonight.

funny.gif

Means nothing. Purdue blew two games it should have won - by 5 points. Mizzou hasn’t really played anybody yet - and tonight they will. Let’s see how Mizzou does on the road in front of an energized, liquored-up crowd under the lights.

I think Mizzou is going to piss down it’s leg. Mizzou didn’t beat a team with a winning record last year when it picked up the pieces after Purdue put a beat down on the Tigers, did it? Brohm is a better coach than Barry Odom. We’ll find a way to get it done tonight.

Reactions: Z-Unit_08

If Purdue found a DB or 2 with a pulse, they might only lose by 13. Otherwise it’s going to be a long, long day.

350+ yards passing to EMU?!
What happens when you play a 1st round QB, and potential 1st round WR and TE?
Guess we’ll see what kind of leap ( or lack there of) Purdue’s secondary and linebackers can make.

If Purdue found a DB or 2 with a pulse, they might only lose by 13. Otherwise it’s going to be a long, long day.

No one picked Purdue to go into Columbia last year and completely dismantle the Tigers. But it happened. It's generally a smart bet to keep your mouth shut and let the game be played. Do you feel better about yourself coming over to the opponents forum and trash talking about a game you don't participate in or control? Probably some things you're trying to compensate for, like living in a trailer somewhere in the show me state.

No one picked Purdue to go into Columbia last year and completely dismantle the Tigers. But it happened. It's generally a smart bet to keep your mouth shut and let the game be played. Do you feel better about yourself coming over to the opponents forum and trash talking about a game you don't participate in or control? Probably some things you're trying to compensate for, like living in a trailer somewhere in the show me state.

Hah. Whatever makes you feel better about your terrible pass defense, guy. Pretty rich coming from someone whom (I assume) lives in the Hoosier State. Also - you’re assuming because I’m a Mizzou fan, I must also live in MO. You’re better than that. Or not.

I don't feel good about this one. If Sindelar is out for an extended period this season is gonna be tough. Lough is a good kid but Moore is not going to be as much of a threat in an offense limited to a ground game and short passing.

And here I was, thinking it might be a little fun to talk a little trash and have a little back and forth before the game. Clearly mistaken! IT CAN GO BOTH WAYS. Just words on a CPU screen folks. Enjoy the game.

And here I was, thinking it might be a little fun to talk a little trash and have a little back and forth before the game. Clearly mistaken! IT CAN GO BOTH WAYS. Just words on a CPU screen folks. Enjoy the game.

Dude, you're being an @sshole. Don't come back on us telling us we're soft and no fun..

I am really amazed how many people "BITE" when these trolls come over here and blow you sh$%.......good god....why even waste our breath! No one can be that thin skinned or bored to respond to these idiots...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT