ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Minnesota: Predictions & Game Thread

Best part of this finish is Nojel hitting FT's. The kid is on a tear. I knew with his athleticism not being good was odd. Still has a bit of a hitch but that should improve as well. BTFU

Also, kudos to him in the possession with just over a minute left when the shot clock was winding down and as he was driving (seeing not a great look), he found a wide open Eifert who sinked the 3. Not forcing a not great shot.

Last edited:
It must be the positive, optimistic attitude that so many of our fans have. Fortunately, the players have the attitude of Winston Churchill.

Glad to be wrong! Makes me wonder now who said what in the locker room that didn’t get said before the game. Haarms played an outstanding, passionate game today!

Minnesota has been a bit hot and cold. I think we (our fans) are not taking them too serious - but they are just outside of being a top 25 team in the polls.

We better come to play or it could be another not-so-fun game to watch.

Also, kudos to him in the possession with just over a minute left when the shot clock was winding down and as he was driving (seeing not a great look), he found a wide open Eifert who sinked the 3. Not forcing a not great shot.

Yes....that was the "dagger," lbodel.....hanging around the Assassin rubs off, or so it seems. And, Nojel Eastern is starting to assert himself to command the floor.

Reactions: Schnelk
Glad to be wrong! Makes me wonder now who said what in the locker room that didn’t get said before the game. Haarms played an outstanding, passionate game today!
If it was said in the locker room it must have taken a while to sink in.

We hang with them for the first half. In the first 5 minutes of the second half, we jump 12 points ahead. After that they close the lead to 7-5 points but can't quite catch us. Then they begin to foul us and we pull out a 10 point win. 75-65.

The dark side of me thinks that maybe this is an upset-weekend with both leaders going down. Makes me worry a bit.

Wow, you should work for someone in Lost Wages.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Where would we be without tre? I thought eb would be productive but we started winning when tw was given minutes.......finally

Do you not get that he wasn’t ready to get minutes early in season? He even has said so.....Not so much “given” minutes as “earning” them....These kids were basically high school players at beginning of season. And Tre one that had put on extra weight after his Senior season ended instead of working to take it off. Purdue and Tre worked hard to get him into playing shape. Team members have even said they thought he might pass out when he first got here. Credit to Williams and the trainers....Well done!

Applicable in a number of sports.....it's a way to be able to perform to the best of one's abilities.....especially during crunch time.

Yes sir. You could see it, I know I could. Once they got that "eye of the tiger" look......it was over. Minny was a sitting duck. It is absolute magic when it happens, but it sure puts the fans on the edge of their seats! It was a good win for the team...….psychologically wise especially.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT