ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Maryland predictions

We get out first glimpse of what we look like with numerous guys having good games at the same time.

Good guys by 5. 78-73

Maryland 77 Purdue 64. Although I was tempted to say Terrapins win by only a couple because of our patented "wait till 5 minutes left to try to come back" strategy. Hope we blow them out though!

I think it will be a good game throughout but Maryland pulls away towards the end. Maryland 79 Purdue 71

I don't expect this to really be close for very long. I expect anything from a route to respectable loss. However, I don't feel like we "need" to win this game...but, we need to either shock the league with a win or just make Maryland work hard and beat us. This isn't a season defining game unless we win. BOILER UP!!

I can live with a loss if we play well and are competitive. What I fear is the famous Purturd. Or even worse we go up by 15 in the 2nd half and lose.

The 2 keys to this game are: Diamond Stone and Trimble. If Diamond gets in foul trouble, we have a chance. As for Trimble, . . . we have to deny him the ball. There is a reason why they win so many close games - it's called Trimble. He is simply money in crunch time.

Bottom line: To beat Maryland, AJ will have to have a monster game and we will have to have at least a 5-6 point lead at the 4 minute mark. Maryland has Trimble, so if we don't have the lead at the end it's doubtful we will be able to overcome what he provides them - Clutch shooting and near perfect execution from the line.

That said, . . Maryland does turn the ball over. So if we can keep their 3s down and their transition points, we should have a chance.

Purdue 76 Maryland 72......

What else did you expect me to say.....

Boiler Up!

Well GBI says a double digit loss too.............could very well be, this ain't no walk in the park. And this is at Maryland to boot. Let's hope the Boilers use this as bulletin board material and develop a mountain on their shoulder.....and pull off the win.

I just want to see Purdue play well. Hard fought game where they play smart and lose by single digits wouldn't be the end of the world. I just don't want to see them once again $%*# the bed in a big game (or be up in the 2nd half and completely fall apart for a 5-8 minute stretch).

72-64 Maryland

Double digit loss on the road, hopefully we can get payback and Rutgers them at home.

I think Maryland's starting 5 has advantages over our starting 5, but I also think our bench is a little stronger (though they do have a good bench).

I expect matchups to be:
- Hill on Trimble - I just think we'll need Johnny's length. Trimble probably still gets his.
- Davis on Sulaimon --> On paper, pretty close matchup - offense vs. defense. Sulaimon is quick, but Davis is a skilled defender & is very strong. If one of them dominates the other, that could be the key difference in this game.
- Vince on Layman --> I *hope* this is pretty even - both really good players
- Biggie on Carter --> This will be a tough one for us on D - Carter can really score, and we know Biggie's D, especially against talent, is still a WIP.
- AJ on Stone -->This will be a tough one for them on D
- Benches --> I give us a slight advantage

I truly think it'll be close, and if it's going to be close I might as well predict we win. Purdue wins 83 - 80.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT