ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v ND opening at -10.5.

goboilers2

All-American
Sep 26, 2001
St Augustine
I don't usually place bets but since Hard Rock is legal in Florida, I am opening an account and taking Purdue in this contest. I didnt check the OU.

ND will be pissed, but they got beat by NIU oline. That's a good NIU team. Purdue can beat ND, but will have to play flawless in the turnover area. Good thing it's at home - I'd take that 10 point spread.

ND will be pissed, but they got beat by NIU oline. That's a good NIU team. Purdue can beat ND, but will have to play flawless in the turnover area. Good thing it's at home - I'd take that 10 point spread.
Based on what I saw their passing game was awful. Their qb made bad decisions and their WRs dropped some catchable balls. Their OL didn’t look good or open up holes for the backs. If we don’t make mistakes I think card and company can make enough plays to beat them.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Based on what I saw their passing game was awful. Their qb made bad decisions and their WRs dropped some catchable balls. Their OL didn’t look good or open up holes for the backs. If we don’t make mistakes I think card and company can make enough plays to beat them.
Typical ND over rating at the beginning of season. This should be a +/- game. I took the points on draftkings

There's no excuse, none, nadda, zilch, for ND to lose to NIU at home after coming off a great road win at a tough SEC opponent.

This was purely on the coaches not having the team ready to play. Not a single kid on NIU was recruited by ND, and vice versa. The talent difference is that big.

There's no excuse, none, nadda, zilch, for ND to lose to NIU at home after coming off a great road win at a tough SEC opponent.

This was purely on the coaches not having the team ready to play. Not a single kid on NIU was recruited by ND, and vice versa. The talent difference is that big.
If ND loses to Purdue Saturday, this could be a major turning point for ND football. There are still some people including here who think that Notre Dame will always get good viewers yet the overlook the crappy games they had last year on network television really had 1 million maybe 2 million watching games against Wake Forest. That kind of viewership does not get the networks excited and even NBC has been putting a game or two on Peacock. They have a horrible schedule, the rest of the year with a couple exceptions and their viewership will be way down.

If ND loses to Purdue Saturday, this could be a major turning point for ND football. There are still some people including here who think that Notre Dame will always get good viewers yet the overlook the crappy games they had last year on network television really had 1 million maybe 2 million watching games against Wake Forest. That kind of viewership does not get the networks excited and even NBC has been putting a game or two on Peacock. They have a horrible schedule, the rest of the year with a couple exceptions and their viewership will be way down.
Good thing for ND, not a better opponent to get right against than Purdue…

it still amazes me that ND has trouble finding top talent at the QB position. I think they need to go the SEC route and find a great athlete who's a decent passer. That's what the NFL favors now.

The line at my book has dropped 2 full points since yesterday. 11.5 now, total steady at 45.5.

it still amazes me that ND has trouble finding top talent at the QB position. I think they need to go the SEC route and find a great athlete who's a decent passer. That's what the NFL favors now.
They should go to CJ Carr and develop him, and stop with the transfer portal.

Had really good recruits until recently and Hartman was considered one of top if not the top transfer qb. They really did not help Hartman and I can’t imagine top quarterbacks saw that last year and thought it would be a good idea to put Notre Dame at the top of their list. but I agree with all the talent they get you would think they could get some high four and five star quarterbacks coming out of high school.

Had really good recruits until recently and Hartman was considered one of top if not the top transfer qb. They really did not help Hartman and I can’t imagine top quarterbacks saw that last year and thought it would be a good idea to put Notre Dame at the top of their list. but I agree with all the talent they get you would think they could get some high four and five star quarterbacks coming out of high school.
Riley Leonard was pretty good at Duke. Especially before he got hurt.

As Purdue fans,instead of worrying about ND being pissed out about loosing to NIU and laying the wood to Purdue. Why don't we consider that our Fighting CRW's can smell blood in the water after ND couldn't keep NIU from controlling the clock offensively, didn't scorch the NIU defense and gave up two blocked field goals right up the gut....?
Purdue and the points!!

As Purdue fans,instead of worrying about ND being pissed out about loosing to NIU and laying the wood to Purdue. Why don't we consider that our Fighting CRW's can smell blood in the water after ND couldn't keep NIU from controlling the clock offensively, didn't scorch the NIU defense and gave up two blocked field goals right up the gut....?
Purdue and the points!!
I agree, like Purdue is gonna lay down and let Notre Dame win cause they are pissed . Do those people think Purdue doesn’t want to win?

But it drops based on where the money is going, not any revelation about either one of the teams or their anticipated performance, correct?
It can be both really, but more likely early in the week to be based on betting patterns. So at this point in the week, it's people looking at a 11-13 point line in favor of Notre Dame, and saying, "they sucked last week and lost to a team I've never heard of. At least I've heard of Purdue, and it's at Purdue. Go Boilermakers!"

Reactions: Tommaker
Riley Leonard is apparently nursing a bad non-throwing shoulder.
There was a play in the fourth quarter (I think) where you can see it happen. Leonard is about to get tackled and throws a slightly backward pass that ended up going out of bounds. The defenseman was in process of tackling him when he threw it away. Leonard was kinda slammed downward onto his belly, but his left arm was under him when he hit. When he got up, he was definitely nursing / rubbing that shoulder.

It can be both really, but more likely early in the week to be based on betting patterns. So at this point in the week, it's people looking at a 11-13 point line in favor of Notre Dame, and saying, "they sucked last week and lost to a team I've never heard of. At least I've heard of Purdue, and it's at Purdue. Go Boilermakers!"
so which nfl game has the biggest spread this weekend (other than Lost Vegas). Asking for a friend.

but, we're talking Duke football, not basketball. Sources tell me ND ponied up some serious NIL $ (north of $1M) for Leanard and they're not happy so far.
If a guy who has had success before fails at your school…isn’t that your schools fault?

If a guy who has had success before fails at your school…isn’t that your schools fault?
Hi stats at Duke were not overly impressive. And again, we're talking about a kid playing at Duke. Not like he transferred from Bama, UGA or OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT