ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Illinois (Game Thread)

I need alcohol.

We should have won in regulation, and I stand by all my melts in this thread over past several mins.
‘Effin missed FTs…. We were clearly the better team, but Purdue miscues at the line allowed the Featherheads chance after chance to extend the game.
Nevertheless, an AWESOME win against the team I love to beat the most😎👍

Great team win! Everybody put points on the board. UI has a very good, maybe a great team. That was every bit the game I expected. Just glad our bench players were better than theirs. To win at UI against this team was quite a feat! Go Boilers!

Ready for a visit to our friends down south now.
:cool:
This game was won by our talented depth. So much for all the posters calling to shorten the rotation.

Ivey bull in a china shop hero ball will win games and will cost us games. He is exhilarating and maddening.

This game was won by our talented depth. So much for all the posters calling to shorten the rotation.

Gotta hand it to Sasha Stefanovic and Eric Hunter, Jr. for providing the additional sparks in the second half with Jaden Ivey and Big Tre struggling from the field. Yes, SS missed a couple of crucial FT's, but his 5-8 from beyond the arc was huge, on a day when not many others were making outside shots. Purdue probably doesn't come through without Hunter late - that's two solid games in a row.....very good sign.

A heavy dose of the Zachen today wore them out, too. Huge win (Q1) come seeding time.

On to Bloomington!

‘Effin missed FTs…. We were clearly the better team, but Purdue miscues at the line allowed the Featherheads chance after chance to extend the game.
Nevertheless, an AWESOME win against the team I love to beat the most😎👍
Feather heads? Come on bro.

Nevertheless, an AWESOME win against the team I love to beat the most😎
We will know who the best team is in two months after all the conference games have been played. Today you were. I'm willing to predict Illinois wins at Purdue, as hard as that seems to believe right now.

I thought Indiana was the most hated team by all Purdue fans, guess I was wrong - it's nice to be on a Purdue fan's list.

His mistakes stand out because the expectations are incredibly high every time he touches ball. His blistering speed drew 15 trips to the foul line this game.

13/15 from the line is close to stellar - yes, he missed the key front end....did impact the game in other ways - 8 boards and a block and fairly active on defense without being out of position. Hopefully he gets that when his shot is off. Illinois clogged his drive a couple of times and Bo/Carstensen swallowed the whistle a couple of times.

Just stay in the game and make good decisions. You have to be encouraged a little with Purdue winning on the road in a hostile environment against a ranked team when JI/TW go 9-28, combined from the field. Totally frustrated Cockburn, too, which won't happen much this season. He was the only player in the NCAA averaging top 5 in pts/rebounds. Held to 10/5 today before fouling out.

Still, too many silly/sloppy turnovers for my liking, but I liked the effort/hustle/energy today - that has to continue for them to really have the ultimate success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnelk and SKYDOG
His mistakes stand out because the expectations are incredibly high every time he touches ball. His blistering speed drew 15 trips to the foul line this game.
To an extent, yes, but CMP talks all the time about when he takes on too much and plays out of control. Sometimes his carelessness is just bananas...just play smart.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
We will know who the best team is in two months after all the conference games have been played. Today you were. I'm willing to predict Illinois wins at Purdue, as hard as that seems to believe right now.

I thought Indiana was the most hated team by all Purdue fans, guess I was wrong - it's nice to be on a Purdue fan's list.

Playing Indinia is not much of a challenge anymore.

14/16 from the line is close to stellar - yes, he missed the key front end....did impact the game in other ways - 8 boards and a block and fairly active on defense without being out of position. Hopefully he gets that when his shot is off. Illinois clogged his drive a couple of times and Bo/Carstensen swallowed the whistle a couple of times.

Just stay in the game and make good decisions. You have to be encouraged a little with Purdue winning on the road in a hostile environment against a ranked team when JI/TW go 9-28, combined from the field. Totally frustrated Cockburn, too, which won't happen much this season. He was the only player in the NCAA averaging top 5 in pts/rebounds. Held to 10/5 today before fouling out.

Still, too many silly/sloppy turnovers for my liking, but I liked the effort/hustle/energy today - that has to continue for them to really have the ultimate success.
Very happy for the win. I didn’t think they would when it went to O.T. In the last 10 seconds of regulation after a timeout that was really bad. That’s why I thought a loss was coming. Again glad they overcame the adversity and won a tough game on the road.

Best defensive performance I have seen in two years. Beautiful rotations and fight on the boards all game long. NOTHING was easy for ILL. Tip of the hat to that dude who kept making 3's with hands in his face. That's basketball though.
Final. 4. Performance.
Today the team put their heart and soul out on the court. Seniors with great games all around. Pulse was over 170 at certain points today. Haven't been this invested in a game since last year's NCAA.

I love Bardo. Always gives Purdue credit and he is basketball savy all day

One of my favorites....all class. And when he does games in Mackey, he usually reminds the audience (or his play-by-play partner does it for him) that his teams did not win in that building.

giphy.gif

I hope the Paint crew bring their A game when Illinois come to Mackey...they need to be on Kofi all game like a fly on crap, as well as that kid who elbowed Sasha in the face. ILL is a bunch of entitled whiners.

Reactions: Schnelk

It's not even close! Most of us hate IU! NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT