ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue stat, heading into tournament...

That's awesome that we played 7 tournament teams in 11 non-conference games. Great schedule this season, and great performance against that schedule.

I did a quick Google and wasn't finding this information for the other teams in the field. I'm sure it's there, but I wasn't seeing it. If anyone has that, I'd like to see it. Thanks!

Purdue has played 17 games against tournament teams and went 14-3.

Or 14 wins and no losses against teams outside the conference that were less familiar with Purdue overall. Although the Net is not error proof, I tend to believe the lack of familiarity with Purdue is an advantage for Purdue

Reactions: Smokestack91
I did a quick Google and wasn't finding this information for the other teams in the field. I'm sure it's there, but I wasn't seeing it. If anyone has that, I'd like to see it. Thanks!
Tennessee actually played 18 games against tournament teams. Granted, one of those games was against NCSt (who was a bid thief) and two were against Texas A&M which was one of the last teams in. They had no losses to non-tournament teams, so they went 10-8 against tournament teams.

Tennessee actually played 18 games against tournament teams. Granted, one of those games was against NCSt (who was a bid thief) and two were against Texas A&M which was one of the last teams in. They had no losses to non-tournament teams, so they went 10-8 against tournament teams.
Any idea the record outside of conference and against tourney teams? In addition Purdue had some of those tourney teams wins on a neutral court. Still, none of this has anything to do once the ball is tossed (incorrectly typically as in the Wisconsin BTT) as the game takes on a life of its own in a one and done.

Last edited:
Here you go

GI-9RWWb0AArnkq

So besides a couple schools that only played a game against the field, we have the best win %. That is pretty cool.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT