ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue prediction

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020

This guy predicts 4-8.. so this idea that I’m an IU fan or that im imagining things is kinda funny ..

by the way, I think he backs up his thoughts well. And I also think this same guy will predict at least 7-5 for us next year.

it’s not that things won’t be heading in the right direction for us or have not already.. it’s that I see this season as a year of growing pains. I have no doubt that there will be moments this year where we look like an 8-4 team. However.. actual 8-4 teams have moments where they look like a 10-2 team and then moments where they look average and everything in between.

Reactions: West James
Gridiron expert? Sorry, what are this guys credentials again? I couldn’t make it through more than two minutes of that. Not going to waste my time listening to some kid in a goodwill suit reporting from his mom’s basement.
Yeah, this is an authoritative source.

Gridiron expert? Sorry, what are this guys credentials again? I couldn’t make it through more than two minutes of that. Not going to waste my time listening to some kid in a goodwill suit reporting from his mom’s basement.
I think he has good rationale even though he’s not on sport center ..

He goes on to say that we have some games where our opponents should be favored 55-45/60-40.

I think his 4-8 is a good starting point .. brohm gets a massive upset you can add a win. If we want to go up to 7-5, the low hanging fruit are Minnesota, Nebraska and northwestern. All have their issues.

where I actually think he misses the mark is Iowa. We are a terrible matchup for them and spencer Petrus hasn’t shown he can pass. So,.. to get to 8-4 … SD’s standard raise,.. we need the gimmes, we need all of the games where we are 40-60 and we need Iowa or what would ACTUALLY be a major upset.

I’m holding at 5-7 BUT NOTHING would surprise me this year. I’d be equally unsurprised by 10-2 as I would be by 2-10.

Lambert is such a wild card. If he puts 11 players on the field who aren’t exploitable .. it’s on.

those are my thoughts

I think we have the best offensive line we’ve had in 4-5 years. All we need is the OL to get enough of a running game to keep the defenses off balance. I’m expecting Purdue to be able to generate 100+ on the ground this year anyone that’s not a top 25 team. We still struggle running it against ND and OSU and a few others.

I think the defense makes a comeback and puts together a decent season. We still struggle to rush the passer and I’m the secondary. 6-6 is my prediction.

I think we have the best offensive line we’ve had in 4-5 years. All we need is the OL to get enough of a running game to keep the defenses off balance. I’m expecting Purdue to be able to generate 100+ on the ground this year anyone that’s not a top 25 team. We still struggle running it against ND and OSU and a few others.

I think the defense makes a comeback and puts together a decent season. We still struggle to rush the passer and I’m the secondary. 6-6 is my prediction.
Very reasonable.

This guy predicts 4-8.. so this idea that I’m an IU fan or that im imagining things is kinda funny ..

by the way, I think he backs up his thoughts well. And I also think this same guy will predict at least 7-5 for us next year.

it’s not that things won’t be heading in the right direction for us or have not already.. it’s that I see this season as a year of growing pains. I have no doubt that there will be moments this year where we look like an 8-4 team. However.. actual 8-4 teams have moments where they look like a 10-2 team and then moments where they look average and everything in between.
The fact you had an open mind to listen to a high school student is impressive in itself.

The fact you had an open mind to listen to a high school student is impressive in itself.
You know what’s interesting? I’m predicting this.. if I’m wrong I’ll say so. If I’m right I’ll be like “meh par for the course.”

if I am right and we are a 5-7 team.. there are tons of people saying nothing right now who will come out of nowhere and be like “we have Mac talent, the sky is falling, there is no hope ever”

I think he has good rationale even though he’s not on sport center ..

He goes on to say that we have some games where our opponents should be favored 55-45/60-40.

I think his 4-8 is a good starting point .. brohm gets a massive upset you can add a win. If we want to go up to 7-5, the low hanging fruit are Minnesota, Nebraska and northwestern. All have their issues.

where I actually think he misses the mark is Iowa. We are a terrible matchup for them and spencer Petrus hasn’t shown he can pass. So,.. to get to 8-4 … SD’s standard raise,.. we need the gimmes, we need all of the games where we are 40-60 and we need Iowa or what would ACTUALLY be a major upset.

I’m holding at 5-7 BUT NOTHING would surprise me this year. I’d be equally unsurprised by 10-2 as I would be by 2-10.

Lambert is such a wild card. If he puts 11 players on the field who aren’t exploitable .. it’s on.

those are my thoughts
For the record I think this is probably a 6-6 football team. And that’s if the defense shows improvement. Just don’t think you help your cause linking a video from the “boom goes the dynamite” guy’s cousin.

How will we do this coming year:
Games we are favored to win:
Oregon St and UCONN - prediction- 2-0
Toss up games: Minnesota, Nebraska, Mich St, Illinois, and Nortwestern - prediction 3-2
Difficult matchups: ND, OSU and Wisconsin will be difficult games - prediction 0-3
Slight Underdog games: IU and IOWA 1-1

Overall- 6-6

This is why I believe we need to schedule smarter. I am not overly confident on the games that we should win. Oregon St could be more athletic than we think. UCONN is on the road. Getting to 6 wins isn’t easy.

Reactions: purduepat1969
For the record I think this is probably a 6-6 football team. And that’s if the defense shows improvement. Just don’t think you help your cause linking a video from the “boom goes the dynamite” guy’s cousin.
But again.. if someone wants to present espn saying “8-4, book it…” that’s cool

I predict that we will again have one of the weakest offensive lines in the B1G and we're probably looking at 4-8. I know there are several posters here who are in denial about our OL but Hermanns is now gone, the transfers were non-P5 and our recruits were again MAC caliber.

I predict that we will again have one of the weakest offensive lines in the B1G and we're probably looking at 4-8. I know there are several posters here who are in denial about our OL but Hermanns is now gone, the transfers were non-P5 and our recruits were again MAC caliber.
We aren’t relying on freshman to play. We get you have a narrative but at least post relevant stuff.

We aren’t relying on freshman to play. We get you have a narrative but at least post relevant stuff.
My issue with us being good this year is this .. here are the known starters who have already established they are consistently good big ten players .. above the mid level of starters in the big ten.

WR Bell
TE Durham

DE Karlaftis
S Allen
CB trice

am I missing someone .. I’m sure you may have one or two guys I’m missing and that’s fine. So.. when you need 17 guys.. even a good staff would be doing a good job to hit on 12 of those for this year. That’s gonna leave 5 guys like a Fakasiieki (pass coverage) or a Sullivan (tough kid, tweener) or whoever that despite their very best efforts.. opposing coaches will be able to go at to win close games

where the opportunity is is that even if bell and karlaftis leave, brohm isn’t getting fired this off-season, so he has a chance to have 30+ Guys ready to play competent big ten starting football next year … when by the way this team would probably go 7-5 with that schedule .. maybe 6-6

My issue with us being good this year is this .. here are the known starters who have already established they are consistently good big ten players .. above the mid level of starters in the big ten.

WR Bell
TE Durham

DE Karlaftis
S Allen
CB trice

am I missing someone .. I’m sure you may have one or two guys I’m missing and that’s fine. So.. when you need 17 guys.. even a good staff would be doing a good job to hit on 12 of those for this year. That’s gonna leave 5 guys like a Fakasiieki (pass coverage) or a Sullivan (tough kid, tweener) or whoever that despite their very best efforts.. opposing coaches will be able to go at to win close games

where the opportunity is is that even if bell and karlaftis leave, brohm isn’t getting fired this off-season, so he has a chance to have 30+ Guys ready to play competent big ten starting football next year … when by the way this team would probably go 7-5 with that schedule .. maybe 6-6
Wright and Sheffield are good players. Kinda fell off the map when Rondale return. Horvath is mid level.

Lawrence is solid at DT. Mitchell is proven. Alexander is solid at LB.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

WR Bell
TE Durham

DE Karlaftis
S Allen
CB trice

C Gus Hartwig. Hybrid DE/LB Demarcus Mitchell. OT Cam Craig (assuming he's back healthy).

Wright and Sheffield are good players. Kinda fell off the map when Rondale return. Horvath is mid level.

Lawrence is solid at DT. Mitchell is proven. Alexander is solid at LB.
Proven to be better than half the big ten starters?

Wright yes, from the starts he had without Rondale. Mitchell for sure. Horvath was 3rd team All Big so he is probably above mid level.

Meh. He sites Purdue was better than their record last year. I agree. He sites that Purdue lost close ones to Nebraska and Minnesota. I agree. He says Minnesota and Nebraska will improve, but acts like Purdue won't. I think its hard to say minny and Nebraska are better than Purdue. He uses record over 8 years as to why minny beats Purdue, but doesn't even consider it when discussing the Iowa game. Has Purdue going 2-3 in 50/50 games. Not sure why everyone acts like minny and Nebraska are going to take these huge steps and Purdue will stay in neutral.

Lastly, iu isn't a new years 6 team. They will win 7-8. Tough schedule. Iowa will win the West this year. Purdue gets Wisconsin finally. Brohm has played them tough. 6 wins.

Wright yes, from the starts he had without Rondale. Mitchell for sure. Horvath was 3rd team All Big so he is probably above mid level.
We had a lot of honorable mention OLman last year. I'm interested in seeing Johnson. He hasn't been bad and is finally not an underclassmen.

Reactions: Sophie1970
I'd say PU is somewhere between 4-8 & 9-3 with 7-5 being my prediction. It's similar to the last couple of years where they have a big range depending on how the ball bounces for them. Although, not as big a range as I've predicted in the past.

Or. St., UCONN, Illinois, Minn., Nebraska, MSU, & NW should all be VERY winnable. Notre Dame, OSU, Wiscy, & Iowa will be tough, but you never know. The OOB is a 50/50 game more often than not. So it's all there. Just absolutely can't afford laying an egg to kick off the year with Or. St. or UCONN.

Holstege, Hartwig and Long were HM also.

We had this conversation once before, you ignored it then and you wont respond again in this thread.
Weird he considers Payne to be better than half of big ten TE's because he was honorable mention but fails to mention those three OLman, one of which was a freshman and one a backup last year.

Weird he considers Payne to be better than half of big ten TE's because he was honorable mention but fails to mention those three OLman, one of which was a freshman and one a backup last year.
I think Durham would have made more than HM if he had more targets when Plummer was playing

I'd say PU is somewhere between 4-8 & 9-3 with 7-5 being my prediction. It's similar to the last couple of years where they have a big range depending on how the ball bounces for them. Although, not as big a range as I've predicted in the past.

Or. St., UCONN, Illinois, Minn., Nebraska, MSU, & NW should all be VERY winnable. Notre Dame, OSU, Wiscy, & Iowa will be tough, but you never know. The OOB is a 50/50 game more often than not. So it's all there. Just absolutely can't afford laying an egg to kick off the year with Or. St. or UCONN.
We will be dogs to minn, Nebraska and northwestern.. but not by a lot. Get those and you have your 7-5.. I just love to talk about it… sometimes I’m not swayed sometimes I am..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT