ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue played a zone against IU...kinda

That is fair, but sometimes a different coach makes a difference and none of that takes away from the 3 I mention that were individually talented. Galloway would have played for Purdue the last few years and maybe Gunn would have in the past as well. Point is there is talent on IUs team even if you think the perimeter is not talented. Those three players I mention have enough individual talent they would find a lot of minutes on other Big teams. I see more culture problems than talent issues. Now if you believe that "culture" is fully embedded inside each and cannot be altered, then maybe Reneau is the only one...not sure about McBako and such.
I recall that Galloway and Gunn were recruited by Purdue. Galloway plays with hustle and Gunn has a lot of athleticism. But because they weren't rated with 5 stars, some IU fans felt that they weren't good enough for Woodson when he became coach. Of course, some of our fans thought the same about our current guards.

Reactions: tjreese
I recall that Galloway and Gunn were recruited by Purdue. Galloway plays with hustle and Gunn has a lot of athleticism. But because they weren't rated with 5 stars, some IU fans felt that they weren't good enough for Woodson when he became coach. Of course, some of our fans thought the same about our current guards.
And definitely not excited about Zach

That is fair, but sometimes a different coach makes a difference and none of that takes away from the 3 I mention that were individually talented. Galloway would have played for Purdue the last few years and maybe Gunn would have in the past as well. Point is there is talent on IUs team even if you think the perimeter is not talented. Those three players I mention have enough individual talent they would find a lot of minutes on other Big teams. I see more culture problems than talent issues. Now if you believe that "culture" is fully embedded inside each and cannot be altered, then maybe Reneau is the only one...not sure about McBako and such.
I love their frontcourt. It’s still not good enough to make up for their backcourt.

Galloway could come off the bench for us. Hard pass on Cupps, XJ, Walker, and Gunn.

I love their frontcourt. It’s still not good enough to make up for their backcourt.

Galloway could come off the bench for us. Hard pass on Cupps, XJ, Walker, and Gunn.
I like Purdue’s back court or 1-3 better as well, but Purdue is the best team in the country.. A team can still be talented and not as good as Purdue. I just think IU has more talent than a lot of teams. Part of their problem is youth. I’m not sure a comparison to Purdue was ever made? If it was I forgot? I just thought it was a statement about IU having a lot of talent?

Reactions: BoilerDaddy
I like Purdue’s back court or 1-3 better as well, but Purdue is the best team in the country.. A team can still be talented and not as good as Purdue. I just think IU has more talent than a lot of teams. Part of their problem is youth. I’m not sure a comparison to Purdue was ever made? If it was I forgot? I just thought it was a statement about IU having a lot of talent?
To me, all their talent is up front. Their guards are just meh on both offense and defense. Not terrible on either end but not really good either.

Watched Nebraska and NW tonight and I like their guards better than IUs also.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
To me, all their talent is up front. Their guards are just meh on both offense and defense. Not terrible on either end but not really good either.

Watched Nebraska and NW tonight and I like their guards better than IUs also.
That may be true, especially NW but IU has as much overall talent on the team. IU doesn’t have the same chemistry, not the same blend of talent or experience, but it does have some talented pieces.

Like Andy said some fans didn’t like Braden’s offer or Zach. Would Zach be as good in a different system? I remember before anyone knew anything about Braden and posting about seeing him and talking to his dad and granddad and a poster finding it rather funny about the comments on this unknown player and yet he is better than most thought. How many were let down when Matt never got a higher profile transfer instead of this smaller guard from SIU and yet a scrimmage later showed just how valuable he would be? Maybe IU beats Wisconsin and helps Purdue and “if” they did it wouldn’t be smoke and mirrors

That may be true, especially NW but IU has as much overall talent on the team. IU doesn’t have the same chemistry, not the same blend of talent or experience, but it does have some talented pieces.

Like Andy said some fans didn’t like Braden’s offer or Zach. Would Zach be as good in a different system? I remember before anyone knew anything about Braden and posting about seeing him and talking to his dad and granddad and a poster finding it rather funny about the comments on this unknown player and yet he is better than most thought. How many were let down when Matt never got a higher profile transfer instead of this smaller guard from SIU and yet a scrimmage later showed just how valuable he would be? Maybe IU beats Wisconsin and helps Purdue and “if” they did it wouldn’t be smoke and mirrors
It's an interesting matchup between Wisconsin and Indinia. You would think that Ware and Reneau could have good games against Wahl and Crowl. Then it comes down to guard play. Hepburn beats Cupp/Ball-puncher, but Galloway can probably hang with Klesmit. Mgbako vs Storr could be fun.

I'll project the line as Wisconsin -8. Which one bounces back from a really disappointing Tuesday night?

I’d rather have Heide as an 8th man than Gunn. Better shooter, better defender.
Oh no for sure, I was just saying in general and not thinking about on this exact boiler team. Like I’d take a shot on Gunn if there was room on a squad, but Heide all day over him.

It's an interesting matchup between Wisconsin and Indinia. You would think that Ware and Reneau could have good games against Wahl and Crowl. Then it comes down to guard play. Hepburn beats Cupp/Ball-puncher, but Galloway can probably hang with Klesmit. Mgbako vs Storr could be fun.

I'll project the line as Wisconsin -8. Which one bounces back from a really disappointing Tuesday night?
I have no idea the line or that they played that soon. I assume with that line it is at Wisconsin. I was just throwing out a possibility that IU could beat a team that helps us.

Well, I’ll take the obvious answer and go with Wisconsin. IU hasn’t won there in a lonnnnnng time.

• Haha
Oh no for sure, I was just saying in general and not thinking about on this exact boiler team. Like I’d take a shot on Gunn if there was room on a squad, but Heide all day over him.
Actually the conversation was never about comparing to Purdue. It was a stand alone comment that IU has talent… more than a lot of teams

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I have no idea the line or that they played that soon. I assume with that line it is at Wisconsin. I was just throwing out a possibility that IU could beat a team that helps us.
I figured that's why you brought it up. They play Friday in Madison. Interestingly, Thursday is the last of something like 13 straight days of exactly 2 B1G games per day. Only one Friday and then 3 on Saturday. I really like the shift to have Monday and Friday conference games in the last couple years.

I figured that's why you brought it up. They play Friday in Madison. Interestingly, Thursday is the last of something like 13 straight days of exactly 2 B1G games per day. Only one Friday and then 3 on Saturday. I really like the shift to have Monday and Friday conference games in the last couple years.
I had no idea. Just watched Maryland fall short in the last few seconds

There were a few plays that we didn’t even bother closing out on Galloway and Xavier because we knew they weren’t going to hit.

Speaking of Xavier - watching the replay, I thought his shot looked weird live but man it is broken. Dude just needs to retire and fire up his LinkedIn premium account and Indeed.

There were a few plays that we didn’t even bother closing out on Galloway and Xavier because we knew they weren’t going to hit.

Speaking of Xavier - watching the replay, I thought his shot looked weird live but man it is broken. Dude just needs to retire and fire up his LinkedIn premium account and Indeed.
That shot is horrendous. How did it get so bad?

We also left Cupps and Gunn wiiiide open and let walker shoot that transition three that he shot from the right side and missed so bad, it hit the left side of the backboard.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
That shot is horrendous. How did it get so bad?

We also left Cupps and Gunn wiiiide open and let walker shoot that transition three that he shot from the right side and missed so bad, it hit the left side of the backboard.
I'm unaware of his shot being any different other than he made some in the past. Right now he is more of a mental mess it appears than in the past...and the operative word is "more".

I'm unaware of his shot being any different other than he made some in the past. Right now he is more of a mental mess it appears than in the past...and the operative word is "more".
He is a mess...The release is the same, but there is a quick hitch and tons of leg movement all the sudden. Mental and anxiety.

Doubt that's what he's gonna fire up.

He is a mess...The release is the same, but there is a quick hitch and tons of leg movement all the sudden. Mental and anxiety.
The hitch and leg movement are spot on. Reminds me of Nojel his last year at Purdue. Just looks unnatural and forced. Woody bet on him and Galloway and obviously should have gone all in on some transfers.

Reactions: MDS3

I bet his mom says he can shoot that thang!

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Wisconsin is -11 tomorrow night.

Wisconsin is -11 tomorrow night.
Well, I'm going to hold my nose and shower afterwards hopeful IU comes out on top this game anyway. I hope Purdue didn't reach inside and pull the heart out of IU like some video game decades ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT