ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue offers 2025 in-state guard

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Purdue offers a rising 2025 guard Meredith Tippner. She is a three-time state champ (once in basketball, once in soccer) and is one of the top players in the state at Noblesville.

Some notes on here from The Prime Event a few weeks ago that I wrote:

“She has been one of the most productive players in the state during her high school career, averaging 16.3 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 3.3 steals per game as a junior last season.

Tippner also stars for Indiana Elite alongside 2025 Purdue commit Avery Gordon on the Adidas AAU circuit. In a double overtime loss on Saturday, Tippner finished with a line of 12 points, five rebounds, and two assists, but dealt with foul trouble. It was a tick below her 19.7 points per game average during Session I of the 3SSB season, which was third in the nation.

The question with Tippner will be her perimeter shooting and how much she can continue to improve those skills. At 5-foot-10, her size suggests being better suited for an off-ball role, but how she could fit into a college system remains to be seen.

Tippner has a high motor and is the type of person you want in your program, which shows on the court. As a defender, she can make it a tough day at the office for just about anyone.“

Reactions: Russ Ford
Really good article and video interview with Meredith Tippner on the Indystar.com site.

I'm very impressed. I hope she chooses Purdue. I could see her developing into the kind of leader this team has been missing.

Really good article and video interview with Meredith Tippner on the Indystar.com site.

I'm very impressed. I hope she chooses Purdue. I could see her developing into the kind of leader this team has been missing.
I’ve been talking to several people about her and one thing is always brought up. She’s the type of player and person you want in your program.

Reactions: Russ Ford
I’ve been talking to several people about her and one thing is always brought up. She’s the type of player and person you want in your program.
Seems like the staff is really pushing for her now. I know they were on Kate Sears awhile back, looks like she committed to VT. The two seem to have similar builds/position. I wonder if it was a pivot to Tippner once they felt Sears was going somewhere else..

Regardless, I like everything I've read and heard about Tippner(Thanks for the coverage Dub). She recently mentioned she'd like to commit before July.

Seems like the staff is really pushing for her now. I know they were on Kate Sears awhile back, looks like she committed to VT. The two seem to have similar builds/position. I wonder if it was a pivot to Tippner once they felt Sears was going somewhere else..

Regardless, I like everything I've read and heard about Tippner(Thanks for the coverage Dub). She recently mentioned she'd like to commit before July.
Purdue is looking to get her back on campus for an official when players are there. That’s if she gets out of Miami this weekend without a commitment.

Those are the two players for her right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT