ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue just WOKE up

Using your own words:

'the pendulum is going to swing too far the other way for a while'

So whomever you are indicating here. It says a lot when your own post has to be explained to you. But based on your white guilt I am going to assume you meant white people. Again it's very telling that a non-white has to explain this all to you.
You didn't explain shit. Are you saying the white people are miserable now?

I'll dumb it down for your arrogant ass. When we try to solve a problem we go too far the other way to solve it. The efforts to get minorities to an equal level of education and employment opportunities is going to go too far........ And adjustments will have to be made. That doesn't mean we should try not try...... Or stop trying because it doesn't work exactly right the first time.

Snip...snip...
"While there are examples of schools where this happens in our own time-- both public and private, secular and religious-- we can also go back nearly a hundred years and find the same phenomenon. Back in 1899, in Washington, D. C., there were four academic public high schools-- one black and three white.1 In standardized tests given that year, students in the black high school averaged higher test scores than students in two of the three white high schools.2
This was not a fluke. It so happens that I have followed 85 years of the history of this black high school-- from 1870 to 1955 --and found it repeatedly equalling or exceeding national norms on standardized tests.3 In the 1890s, it was called The M Street School and after 1916 it was renamed Dunbar High School but its academic performances on standardized tests remained good on into the mid-1950s."

THE EDUCATION OF MINORITY CHILDREN

Today, we know the education gap...
a bit more since the 60s https://www.jstor.org/stable/20024211 His book discrimination and disparities also touches on this

Reactions: BSIT
a bit more since the 60s https://www.jstor.org/stable/20024211 His book discrimination and disparities also touches on this

yesterday in conversation with an attorney doing my trusts we talked about how bright and clear Thomas Sowell was and asked him about certain books and he said he has read every book ever written by Thomas Sowell...and then he threw another name for me to read...which my list is staggering. ;) Anyway, he said I would find Shelby Steele a good read as well. For any interested, here is a few quotes. https://everydaypower.com/shelby-steele-quotes/

You didn't explain shit. Are you saying the white people are miserable now?
I literally explained your own post to you. Maybe if you stopped being such a fan of pedophile's and spent more time trying to understand things, you'd get it.

You're a sad piece of a work pedoBob.

And again you think as a white person you somehow know how to solve the problems of minorities. That you festering shitpile is arrogance.

I can hear you angry typing already.

I literally explained your own post to you. Maybe if you stopped being such a fan of pedophile's and spent more time trying to understand things, you'd get it.

You're a sad piece of a work pedoBob.

And again you think as a white person you somehow know how to solve the problems of minorities. That you festering shitpile is arrogance.

I can hear you angry typing already.
Maybe your education is lacking because you didn't explain anything. You're running away from what you said. You're really good at name calling but that's about it.

"So your answer is to just make the 'other side' miserable instead of just fixing the problem?"

Are you really saying white people are miserable because of these policies? A yes or no would be helpful.

Maybe your education is lacking because you didn't explain anything. You're running away from what you said. You're really good at name calling but that's about it.

"So your answer is to just make the 'other side' miserable instead of just fixing the problem?"

Are you really saying white people are miserable because of these policies? A yes or no would be helpful.
Again since you're so slow, I quoted you to start this whole thing which I pointed out originally. How are you so dense? It isn't a question for me to answer because they are your words. You are the one suggesting 'swinging the pendulum' not me. And yet again I have to explain your own post to you. Wow.

Good God you are unhinged and seriously mentally ill. And not in the normal forum banter, legit mentally ill. Get help pedoBob, I mean that sincerely.

Again since you're so slow, I quoted you to start this whole thing which I pointed out originally. How are you so dense? It isn't a question for me to answer because they are your words. You are the one suggesting 'swinging the pendulum' not me. And yet again I have to explain your own post to you. Wow.

Good God you are unhinged and seriously mentally ill. And not in the normal forum banter, legit mentally ill. Get help pedoBob, I mean that sincerely.
The pendulum refers to us not doing enough to educate minorities and giving them opportunities and then swinging too far to the other side and overcompensating for it and having quota systems and hurting qualified whites.

Now, are you saying that whites are miserable because of the quota system and because of the opportunities that we're now trying to give to minorities? You never even referred to the damn pendulum.

And I don't know wtf "I quoted you to start this whole thing which I pointed out originally" even means.

Snip...snip...
"While there are examples of schools where this happens in our own time-- both public and private, secular and religious-- we can also go back nearly a hundred years and find the same phenomenon. Back in 1899, in Washington, D. C., there were four academic public high schools-- one black and three white.1 In standardized tests given that year, students in the black high school averaged higher test scores than students in two of the three white high schools.2
This was not a fluke. It so happens that I have followed 85 years of the history of this black high school-- from 1870 to 1955 --and found it repeatedly equalling or exceeding national norms on standardized tests.3 In the 1890s, it was called The M Street School and after 1916 it was renamed Dunbar High School but its academic performances on standardized tests remained good on into the mid-1950s."

THE EDUCATION OF MINORITY CHILDREN

Today, we know the education gap...
It would be nice if college admissions would admit strictly on merit. Applicants name, address, race and sex could be hidden on the application and the results would speak for themselves. Be nice to see a higher percentage of Blacks on campus if they were better qualified like you noted in the early 1900's. It would also highlight not mask the success and failure of various public schools

It would be nice if college admissions would admit strictly on merit. Applicants name, address, race and sex could be hidden on the application and the results would speak for themselves. Be nice to see a higher percentage of Blacks on campus if they were better qualified like you noted in the early 1900's. It would also highlight not mask the success and failure of various public schools
Obviously, blacks have fallen behind in large numbers academically lying close to Hispanics in many measures. There are many different reasons for it, for different people. However, college after the Civil War had blacks with academic accomplishments equal to whites. Wouldn't you think that immediately after the Civil War blacks would have been much farther behind than whites? Many times government sets out to solve a problem only to make it much worse. It is not because of skin color, the educational gap. Nor can someone suggest blacks are incapable since that was been disproven years ago . Obviously blacks are not immune to hard work as shown by the effort in sports, nor sacrifice to get ahead as shown in the entertainment fields. There is no shortage of hard work towards those endeavors. Is it priorities...possible cultural priorities ingrained over time? Take it a step farther and note the demographics of those in advanced degrees. You don't find a lot of whites or blacks there.

People can point the finger all they want toward various guesses. We do know however that it doesn't have to be the way it is. We also know the billions spent on the lower end of k-12 have not brought the improvement sought or really justification for future dollars. Some pedagogical practices I blame, on hurting blacks. In a way, we are not much different than Rome and the Collosseum. Many are distracted by the entertainment by the gladiators in the arena unaware of the peasants in the stands.

• Love
You aren't even reading what I said.

This capitalist country was built by white men because white men had more opportunities and white men had more education. Period. How do minorities become the best candidates that they aren't educated like the white male candidates?

Answer that question and maybe we can move on. But if all you're going to focus on are the imperfect attempts now to level the system then just go away.

Quotas and the like are wrong and we have to find a better way. But we also have to change a system that have kept these minorities from getting these jobs for a long long time.
How about these minorities commit to things like education, 2 parent households, reducing govt dependency and victimhood mentality. There’s enough data and examples to prove it can be done.

Reactions: Level 42
The pendulum refers to us not doing enough to educate minorities and giving them opportunities and then swinging too far to the other side and overcompensating for it and having quota systems and hurting qualified whites.

Now, are you saying that whites are miserable because of the quota system and because of the opportunities that we're now trying to give to minorities? You never even referred to the damn pendulum.

And I don't know wtf "I quoted you to start this whole thing which I pointed out originally" even means.
“Give”….that right there, in a word, explains the problem.

How about these minorities commit to things like education, 2 parent households, reducing govt dependency and victimhood mentality. There’s enough data and examples to prove it can be done.
I'm for all of that. Doesn't mean that the other side of the argument isn't true. But you'll never acknowledge that. You just make the same argument.
The reality is that minorities have been denied employment and educational opportunities in this country forever and that is changing, as it should.

“Give”….that right there, in a word, explains the problem.
The operative word is "opportunity" you neanderthal. I didn't say give them the job or give them the scholarship. Do you know what opportunity means?

Just like everything else. You see what you want to see and ignore the rest.......to the point of ignoring that the very definition of the word blows up your argument.

A set of circumstances that makes it POSSIBLE to do something.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Hiring 40 full time professors to become more diverse
I am very disappointed that my alma mater caved to the racist woke agenda that is being promoted by the media and this adm.
Look where the appointment of individuals in this adm. has gotten the Country.
I have no problem with Pete Buttigieg's sexual preference.
I do have a problem with him being appointed Secretary of Transportation.
He has no logistics, highway construction or engineering design background. And it shows in his comments and accomplishments.
I have no problem with Kamala Harris as a Jamaican woman of color.
I have a problem because she is worthless as a VP.
I have no problem with Joe Biden being POTUS as a white heterosexual male.
I have a problem because he is a cluster fk as POTUS.
We, as a Country, have taken a giant step backward in racial equality since the Obama adm.
History 101, the USA is the melting pot of the world.
Race, religion, sex or sexual identity should not be a determining factor for employment, scholarship or advancement.

I am very disappointed that my alma mater caved to the racist woke agenda that is being promoted by the media and this adm.
Look where the appointment of individuals in this adm. has gotten the Country.
I have no problem with Pete Buttigieg's sexual preference.
I do have a problem with him being appointed Secretary of Transportation.
He has no logistics, highway construction or engineering design background. And it shows in his comments and accomplishments.
I have no problem with Kamala Harris as a Jamaican woman of color.
I have a problem because she is worthless as a VP.
I have no problem with Joe Biden being POTUS as a white heterosexual male.
I have a problem because he is a cluster fk as POTUS.
We, as a Country, have taken a giant step backward in racial equality since the Obama adm.
History 101, the USA is the melting pot of the world.
Race, religion, sex or sexual identity should not be a determining factor for employment, scholarship or advancement.
The melting pot isn’t working and never will with how things are being taught along with other issues in this country today.

I'm for all of that. Doesn't mean that the other side of the argument isn't true. But you'll never acknowledge that. You just make the same argument.
The reality is that minorities have been denied employment and educational opportunities in this country forever and that is changing, as it should.

The problem is, white liberals like yourself think you can lead a horse to water AND make them drink.

White do-gooders like yourself can't do anything about the fact that 70% of black kids are born to single mothers.
You can't do anything about the decline of the nuclear family in black society.
You can't force people to make education a priority.
These are all things that require a cultural shift .

What you can do, is to quit enabling people. Quit telling them they're a victim. Quit telling them that their situation isn't their fault, that they're not responsible for it because society is systemically racist.

Last edited:
The operative word is "opportunity" you neanderthal. I didn't say give them the job or give them the scholarship. Do you know what opportunity means?

Just like everything else. You see what you want to see and ignore the rest.......to the point of ignoring that the very definition of the word blows up your argument.

A set of circumstances that makes it POSSIBLE to do something.
Every black high school student in the country has the opportunity to go to college and get an education (probably for free is they work the scholarship system). There's not a single obstacle in their way. Not one.

Now, if their home life sucks because they were born to a single, uneducated mom who made a ton of bad decisions, who's fault is that?

Obviously, blacks have fallen behind in large numbers academically lying close to Hispanics in many measures. There are many different reasons for it, for different people. However, college after the Civil War had blacks with academic accomplishments equal to whites. Wouldn't you think that immediately after the Civil War blacks would have been much farther behind than whites? Many times government sets out to solve a problem only to make it much worse. It is not because of skin color, the educational gap. Nor can someone suggest blacks are incapable since that was been disproven years ago . Obviously blacks are not immune to hard work as shown by the effort in sports, nor sacrifice to get ahead as shown in the entertainment fields. There is no shortage of hard work towards those endeavors. Is it priorities...possible cultural priorities ingrained over time? Take it a step farther and note the demographics of those in advanced degrees. You don't find a lot of whites or blacks there.

People can point the finger all they want toward various guesses. We do know however that it doesn't have to be the way it is. We also know the billions spent on the lower end of k-12 have not brought the improvement sought or really justification for future dollars. Some pedagogical practices I blame, on hurting blacks. In a way, we are not much different than Rome and the Collosseum. Many are distracted by the entertainment by the gladiators in the arena unaware of the peasants in the stands.
lmao this sounds like if Rudyard Kipling was a regular at B-Dubs

so what is your point here? that they are unqualified to be professors because they aren't white males? or are you saying they can't possibly be top talent *because* they aren't white males?

(in before this gets locked)
I think the point is - Why is race/gender/ethnicity/sexual orientation even a consideration, when hiring anyone for any job? The sole criteria should be competence. Get the most competent people available, regardless of all the factors I mentioned.

If you want to see the counter argument to my statement in action, look at the Biden Administration. When Biden was inaugurated, he proudly listed the criteria for all his staff appointments and he listed all the Firsts: VP - First Black/Asian Female, Transportation - First openly gay male, SecDef - First Black male, etc. Nowhere did Biden talk about competence and watching this Administration F-Up everything they touch, it's apparent that competence wasn't considered.

Before you launch into your cries of "RACIST", I support MLK's approach. "Judge people by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin." There are many competent people out there, who are minorities, gay, etc. They should be hired for their competence to do the job, not for the color of their skin or sexual orientation. When any organization, Purdue included, has to make an announcement that they've just hired a group of people to become "more diverse", you know that competence was NOT the primary reason that they were hired.

MLK must be rolling over in his grave, seeing how far we're straying from his ideal. We're more racially divided right now, than we've been in years and guess who's driving us apart. Hint: You may want to look at the Party that's obsessed with Race & Identity Politics.

Last edited:
I think the point is - Why is race/gender/ethnicity/sexual orientation even a consideration, when hiring anyone for any job? The sole criteria should be competence. Get the most competent people available, regardless of all the factors I mentioned.

If you want to see the counter argument to my statement in action, look at the Biden Administration. When Biden was inaugurated, he proudly listed the criteria for all his staff appointments and he listed all the Firsts: VP - First Black/Asian Female, Transportation - First openly gay male, SecDef - First Black male, etc. Nowhere did Biden talk about competence and watching this Administration F-Up everything they touch, it's apparent that competence wasn't considered.

Before you launch into your cries of "RACIST", I support MLK's approach. "Judge people by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin." There are many competent people out there, who are minorities, gay, etc. They should be hired for their competence to do the job, not for the color of their skin or sexual orientation. When any organization, Purdue included, has to make an announcement that they've just hired a group of people to become "more diverse", you know that competence was NOT the primary reason that they were hired.

MLK must be rolling over in his grave, seeing how far we're straying from his ideal. We're more racially divided right now, than we've been in years and guess who's driving us apart. Hint: You may want to look at the Party that's obsessed with Race.
Should NBA or NFL teams be required to be 'diverse'? Should they be required to have a certain number of white players? Why? Why not?

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Perhaps you have never heard of bias in determining who and what is considered excellent or the best at something. Do some research and report back on your journey.
So you're advocating inserting some bias to skew that determination.

How about setting some high competency standards and using that as the sole criteria for hiring people? When you identify a specific number of hires, you know that there will be a drop-off of competence from the first choice to the 40th.

But the intent was to become more diverse, so the standards had to be skewed to achieve that goal.

Should NBA or NFL teams be required to be 'diverse'? Should they be required to have a certain number of white players? Why? Why not?
There is no reason why obese "people" should be denied being a jockey in the Kentucky Derby. Some percentage should be assigned to various horses for the race...and all races actually. There are a whole lot of things where diversity is not the consideration, but a competitive advantage is

• Haha
There is no reason why obese "people" should be denied being a jockey in the Kentucky Derby. Some percentage should be assigned to various horses for the race...and all races actually. There are a whole lot of things where diversity is not the consideration, but a competitive advantage is
It's interesting when you look at things through the "competence" lens.

Sports: The area where competence is most required/revered. Look at Track & Field. Nobody cares about race/ethnicity/sexual orientation. All they care about is who crosses the finish line first, who jumps the highest or who throws the shot/discus/javelin the furthest. That is competence in it's purest form.

BBall/football/baseball/etc. - In any team sports, it all comes down to which group has a combination of the most talent and the best teamwork to determine the best. It's no surprise that we've had people of all races/sexual orientation/ethnicities, who have been members of Championship teams.

One of the things holding minorities back has been the quality of inner city schools, which are usually run by Democrats. They've long held the opinion that if they kept minorities ignorant and dependent on the government, they could control them. Since they vote 90% for the Democrats, it appears they are correct.

Reactions: bonefish1
It's interesting when you look at things through the "competence" lens.

Sports: The area where competence is most required/revered. Look at Track & Field. Nobody cares about race/ethnicity/sexual orientation. All they care about is who crosses the finish line first, who jumps the highest or who throws the shot/discus/javelin the furthest. That is competence in it's purest form.

BBall/football/baseball/etc. - In any team sports, it all comes down to which group has a combination of the most talent and the best teamwork to determine the best. It's no surprise that we've had people of all races/sexual orientation/ethnicities, who have been members of Championship teams.

One of the things holding minorities back has been the quality of inner city schools, which are usually run by Democrats. They've long held the opinion that if they kept minorities ignorant and dependent on the government, they could control them. Since they vote 90% for the Democrats, it appears they are correct.
When people share a common goal, like surviving a battle, the total focus is on winning. THAT is all that matters. Man is who he is and the 7 deadly sins are as prevalent today as thousands of years ago. They are still with us and can be found in all divisions. For any with an eye to see, there are a lot of problems in a lot of schools. The fingers could be pointing in many directions, but it doesn't have to be that way as I recall Jaime Escalante and Marva Collins and their inner city work. Course they were entirely interested in academics. That rarely is the focus in the government schools by many.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT