ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue-IU telecast was the worst that I have ever seen

Gonna have to admit I really didn’t notice how bad and blatant the slant toward IU was when I watched it live. Was annoyed , but just happy Purdue was winning. Went back and watched the replay. Was trying to be objective and open minded , but It was honestly 80-90% all about IU. One of the worst broadcasts possibly ever !! ESPN should be ashamed and honestly owes Purdue an apology. At one point they have a split screen for almost 3 minutes of live game. Then another time a split screen for another minute. Nonsense.
The split-screen treatment would have been understandable had an ESPN reporter been interviewing
Lord God Bobby......god of all basketball.(actually impossible with Knight's diminishment) But to split it for Mike Woodson or Randy Wittman ?? Really ?? Maybe during an ESPN Purdue/Ross-Ade football game broadcast, they can split it for an interview with Bob Rohrman.........

Gonna have to admit I really didn’t notice how bad and blatant the slant toward IU was when I watched it live. Was annoyed , but just happy Purdue was winning. Went back and watched the replay. Was trying to be objective and open minded , but It was honestly 80-90% all about IU. One of the worst broadcasts possibly ever !! ESPN should be ashamed and honestly owes Purdue an apology. At one point they have a split screen for almost 3 minutes of live game. Then another time a split screen for another minute. Nonsense.
The worst part was on the second half when arguably the most competitive part of the game was underway and IU had cut the lead to six and they had split screen going with Vitale mumbling on about stupid stuff. Incredibly annoying!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT