ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue / IU bumped to primetime ESPN slot

Might be a candidate for the Gameday crew if both teams hold serve until next week. Anyone know when that decision is made by ESPN?

Might be a candidate for the Gameday crew if both teams hold serve until next week. Anyone know when that decision is made by ESPN?
I fully expect two more losses for the Loosiers before we see them. Don't think they're up to handling Iowa and M$U back-to-back.

Highly unlikely.

Among other options:

#12 Miami at #9 UNC
#21 Baylor at #24 Texas
Butler at #1 Villanova
#3 Oklahoma at #10 WVU
Duke at #13 Louisville
#5 Xavier at Georgetown
#22 Kentucky at #15 Texas A&M

The decision is usually announced one week in advance. I suppose if IU wins tonight, there would be a chance. But I still don't see it.

Highly unlikely.

Among other options:

#12 Miami at #9 UNC
#21 Baylor at #24 Texas
Butler at #1 Villanova
#3 Oklahoma at #10 WVU
Duke at #13 Louisville
#5 Xavier at Georgetown
#22 Kentucky at #15 Texas A&M

The decision is usually announced one week in advance. I suppose if IU wins tonight, there would be a chance. But I still don't see it.

Not really so unlikely if you break down each of those games. First you can eliminate the Xavier-Gtown and Butler-Villanova games....they are on Fox. And the Miami-UNC game is on CBS. Of the remaining four games three are in the afternoon (Duke-Lou @ noon, Baylor-TX @ 2:00, OU-WVU @ 4:00) and IIRC, ESPN usually likes to have the game day crew at an evening site so they can build up that game throughout the afternoon games. UK @ TX A&M is at 6:30, followed by our game at 8:30. A&M is crashing, and unless they suddenly turn it around quickly @ LSU on Saturday, will probably not even be ranked next week. If IU manages to win either Iowa and at MSU, they may inch back into the top 25. And the final straw that can stir the ESPN drink is they'll love the storyline of the renewed rivalry and the Ass Hall setting in Bloomington.
Edited to correct IU "ranking" mistake.

Last edited:
Not really so unlikely if you break down each of those games. First you can eliminate the Xavier-Gtown and Butler-Villanova games....they are on Fox. And the Miami-UNC game is on CBS. Of the remaining four games three are in the afternoon (Duke-Lou @ noon, Baylor-TX @ 2:00, OU-WVU @ 4:00) and IIRC, ESPN usually likes to have the game day crew at an evening site so they can build up that game throughout the afternoon games. UK @ TX A&M is at 6:30, followed by our game at 8:30. A&M is crashing, and unless they suddenly turn it around quickly @ LSU on Saturday, will probably not even be ranked next week. Even if IU loses (as long as they're close and not blowout losses) to Iowa and at MSU, they probably will still be in the top 25. And the final straw that can stir the ESPN drink is they'll love the storyline of the renewed rivalry and the Ass Hall setting in Bloomington.
IU is not in the top 25 now and certainly won't be if they lose tonight and Sunday.

Pretty embarrassing that they are going to waste a nationally televised game on a game that won't even be close (Purdue by 20). I wish they would have done that to another one of our games. Indiana is just god awful (sorry god). they are SO small and have absolutely no chance. It will be a blood letting. Hammons will have a double-double with 36 points (like he always does against IU).......Mark my words, if this doesn't happen, I will be back in here eating my crow. Purdue by at least 20. But I will eat crow if Purdue wins by ANY LESS THAN 20, and I will do multiple Crow-Bongs if we lose. (as opposed to Beer Bongs). Two big fellas will have 36 and 22.

I fully expect two more losses for the Loosiers before we see them. Don't think they're up to handling Iowa and M$U back-to-back.
No doubt,,,,,,, they will lose 5 more games, You are forgetting who their coach is ,,,, it's Clappy-Tan Crean, so c'mon, ........ Mark my words, i know for a fact that they will lose 5 more games (maryland @iowa, purdue, michigan state, @Illinois. Remember, this team lost to 11-12 Penn State. A team that lost to Duquense and Radford State. IU also lost to lowly Wake Forest and UNLV in the Maui, and got smoked by a pedestrian Duke team by 20, 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! folks. Duke stinks this year (kind of like Kentucky). so Indiana will be 20-11 --- I am missing one of IUs additional losses but i forgot their schedule. IU is horrible. (overrated offense) IU lacks size, Purdue is stocked with size.......And the Crean factor (one of the worst coaches I've ever seen).

Overrated offense??? What are you basing it on ? To beat us at home you guys need to score 80, don't think you can do that at AH. Not really worried about you guys this year, because you don't play very well on the road. You lost at ILL by 14 and should have lost at MINN. We are ten time better at the guard position.

Reactions: Iuzach04
Overrated offense??? What are you basing it on ? To beat us at home you guys need to score 80, don't think you can do that at AH. Not really worried about you guys this year, because you don't play very well on the road. You lost at ILL by 14 and should have lost at MINN. We are ten time better at the guard position.
Funny, same things we heard last year.

You said the same shit last year & we slowed you down & you couldn't handle our big men. Will be the same story this year.

Reactions: BBG
Looks like IUPACK has been getting fat and happy on the IU Star. Iowa is a jump shooting team at the core. Fitting that they go down to Ass Hall and go cold while going Steph Curry on us. I like our chances. AJH will probably bring down another one of their asbestos ceiling tiles.

No (Octeus) this year..:)
Current PG tandem is more than capable of the 12/3/1/1 line Octeus put up in Bloomington last year.
Or were you referring to this...
B9317162209Z.1_20150429190107_000_GJSAL4088.1-0.jpg

Don't worry. Plenty of options available for putting Hartman on a poster.:D

Honestly, the biggest difference is going to be that IU will have actual post players to defend the basket.

Last edited:
put your two point guards together and they still don't = OCTEUS. College BB is and always be a guards game, ask Last years KY team. They were real tall as well...

put your two point guards together and they still don't = OCTEUS. College BB is and always be a guards game, ask Last years KY team. They were real tall as well...

Yeah that 38-1 Kentucky team was just awful..
..and lost in their only game in the final 4 to another team with a loaded front court.

Looks like IUPACK has been getting fat and happy on the IU Star. Iowa is a jump shooting team at the core. Fitting that they go down to Ass Hall and go cold while going Steph Curry on us. I like our chances. AJH will probably bring down another one of their asbestos ceiling tiles.
could that relate to the defense being played on Iowa each game?

IU beat #4 ranked Iowa, just in case you missed it.
Are you that stupid really or is it just an act??

Read the freaking thread before you post your garbage. I was responding to a poster that said IU was in the top 25 and would stay there even if they lost to both Iowa and MSU. In case you didn't know, IU is not currently in the top 25 and that is what I was correcting the poster about.

Take your BS back to Peegs and stay there.

Are you that stupid really or is it just an act??

Read the freaking thread before you post your garbage. I was responding to a poster that said IU was in the top 25 and would stay there even if they lost to both Iowa and MSU. In case you didn't know, IU is not currently in the top 25 and that is what I was correcting the poster about.

Take your BS back to Peegs and stay there.
Yes he is that stupid. Must have worked the breakfast and lunch shifts at MickeyD's today.

Reactions: Dryfly88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT