ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue #10 in Preseason KenPom Rankings

DwaynePurvis00

All-American
Aug 6, 2023
Preseason doesn’t matter much, but thought I’d post any way.

1. Houston
2. Duke
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Uconn
6. KU
7. Iowa St
8. Arizona
9. Gonzaga
10. Purdue

Our non conf based on KenPom rankings is 👀👀 (BYU and Marquette are in top 25) and TAMU is just outside the top 10

B2G teams:

23. Illinois
26. UCLA
29. Oregon
31. OSU
33. Iowa
35. MSU
36. Michigan
37. Maryland
39. IU
46. Wisconsin
50. Northwestern

Edit: FWIW, KP has come out and said rankings don’t matter/don’t show much until Decemberish, once actual data has come through. So, just wanted to put that out there.

Also adding the “predicted finishes”:

Last edited:
The last few years have really shown where Purdue is as a program and all Painter has done. We lose one of the best players to ever suit up and the year after ranked #10 (yes I know preseason rankings don't mean anything but is still telling).

Also we have had some recruits go elsewhere and they used to be "misses" but now they are just "meh we have a ton of talent already".

I love this current Purdue basketball timeline :)

Last edited:
The last few years have really shown where Purdue is as a program and all Painter has done. We lose one of the best players to ever suit up and the year after ranked #10 (yes I know preseason rankings don't mean anything but is still telling).

Also we have had some recruits go elsewhere and they used to be "misses" but now they are just "meh we have a ton of talent already".

I love this current Purdue basketball timeline :)
Ken Pom also has Purdue winning the conf by 3 games again👀👀👀👀

Ken Pom also has Purdue winning the conf by 3 games again👀👀👀👀

Purdue aside, it’s surprising how closely bunched together all the teams are with 15 out of 18 teams projected for 9-11 wins and last place projected for 7 wins. Rutgers has been getting a lot of hype for their freshmen class, yet is projected for 17th out of 18. Somebody will certainly emerge to challenge Purdue. IU has the talent, but Woodson is yet to prove that he can lead a true contender. Illinois and UCLA appear to have the talent to make a run as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT