ADVERTISEMENT

Probably while most of us sleep tonight....

TheCainer

All-American
Sep 23, 2003
at a little after 5 a.m. local time, Sunday morning, (we're 6 hours behind Europe here in the Eastern time zone tonight) the 100th anniversary of the original Veteran's Day celebration, the historical event to End the War to End All Wars will take place, a very historical event in the history of the world, at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918.

I wonder if people back then, or in the many years in between, could have expected this to occur on this historical event in our great country?

Trump cancels World War I ceremony because of rain

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...orld-war-i-ceremony-because-of-rain/23585967/

What a sorry, SAD, piece of $hit we have elected to celebrate this great moment in our world's and our nation's history. Future historians will probably only be able to laugh and shake their heads, kind of the same way historians shake their head at Nero while Rome burned.

I would like to give my personal thanks to the countless veterans on both sides, who fought for their ideals, including my grandfather, who served during this war. Your sacrifices have been noted, and appreciated.

Reactions: indy35
The event would be better without Trump’s boorishness, let the real world leaders lead.

And apparently misses the 11th hour. This guy is a piece of work.

More US combat deaths in less than a year than the entirety of our involvement in Vietnam, add in the Spanish flu and it is a brutal couple years in American history.

It's where this nations starts on the path to world dominance, the leader of democracy as empires fell, the training ground of Marshall, MacArthur, Patton... and many others who would lead in WWII...

But for all the historical significance and importance of WWI, it isn't all about him so he has no time for it.

Its too bad this wasnt the war to end all wars as Woodrow Wilson wished for it to be.

And apparently misses the 11th hour. This guy is a piece of work.

More US combat deaths in less than a year than the entirety of our involvement in Vietnam, add in the Spanish flu and it is a brutal couple years in American history.

It's where this nations starts on the path to world dominance, the leader of democracy as empires fell, the training ground of Marshall, MacArthur, Patton... and many others who would lead in WWII...

But for all the historical significance and importance of WWI, it isn't all about him so he has no time for it.[/QUOTE I am sure you were a real fan of Patton and MacArthur

@herrli "...I am sure you were a real fan of Patton and MacArthur"

I don't know that "fan" applies but I have read a great deal about Patton, over 30 years ago I bought v1 of "The Patton Papers" at the old Wells library in Lafayette and have read about him ever since. Today if a new biography comes out I will receive at least one copy as a birthday or Christmas gift. While flawed he was very interesting man. Have never really been interested in MacArthur enough to read any biographies, just what pops up regarding him in other histories I read.

So you were half right, I guess, yay!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT