ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Pregame thread: Purdue-Rutgers

Stacy_GoldandBlack.com

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2004
Hello from Piscataway, N.J. About 90 minutes before kickoff. Wasn't entirely sure my travel drama yesterday was going to allow me to get here, but here I am. I'm the only one here today for us, but Kyle will handle this thread, largely, throughout the game, though I'll pipe in with observations you may not be able to see/know from TV.

Not sure if Grant Hermanns or T.J. McCollum made the trip, though Brohm said Thursday he didn't think either would play, because Purdue no longer is releasing a travel roster before games. So, uh, yeah. We'll see once the whole team comes out to warm up.

Beautiful, sunny day here with minimal wind. My first time at this stadium — I'm 14-for-14 now, can I retire? — and it seems like a glorified HS stadium. It's into the ground with bleacher seating throughout. There's a deck built up on one side that appears to have suites over there, too. But the main concourse is very generic. The atmosphere around the stadium seemed pretty cool, though. Had a bunch of tailgate areas and live music. It's near the outdoor practice field and another domed building that may be the indoor facility. Not exactly sure.

Anyway, would suspect Elijah Sindelar to start today, but I do think we'll see David Blough at some point. Purdue is expecting largely man coverage by Rutgers, and I think Purdue can get some favorable matchups with its tight ends and running backs (as receivers) in that. As I talked about this week, though, I think it'd be nice to see Purdue's outside receivers breakthrough. I don't think Rutgers secondary is great, especially with that safety who was just playing receiver.

Would like to see Purdue run the ball better today, and I think it'll be able to do that against this defense.

Uniforms are all white with chrome helmets.

Reactions: CrazyTotz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News