ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions Purdue vs Illini

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Purdue 28 Illini 21

I hope I'm wrong and we separate by 2 TD's. Have a feeling that with David Bell out, the game becomes much closer than it should with Illini mounting a 4th qtr comeback yet falling short. These games have been known to help the visitor for whatever crazy reasons in this series.
Purdue must not take them lightly, and try to put them away early vs late. Gut feel this is a bumpy ride ahead on a nice weather afternoon.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I said 24-20 Purdue. Boilers are at home, but as Milwaukee mentioned the road team has won 8 of the last 10 and three straight in the series.

I think the defense will put up another solid performance, but I also wonder how much punch the offense will have now down two of their biggest playmakers--assuming David Bell doesn't play. Saturday would be a great time for the offensive line to show up strong and assert its will on the Illini front seven.

28-17.. yaseen and Sullivan sputter but Thompson and doerue each have two TDs. Illinois QBs pressured all day. Marvin has a whale of a game along with George. Plummer possibly pulled again. Oconnell breaks Illinois back.

we get to Sunday as slight home dogs vs Minnesota

Purdue 28 Illini 21

I hope I'm wrong and we separate by 2 TD's. Have a feeling that with David Bell out, the game becomes much closer than it should with Illini mounting a 4th qtr comeback yet falling short. These games have been known to help the visitor for whatever crazy reasons in this series.
Purdue must not take them lightly, and try to put them away early vs late. Gut feel this is a bumpy ride ahead on a nice weather afternoon.

midnight-staley-pain.gif

I predict Milton Wright will have a monster of a game.

Defense looks good, but we struggle with their starting RB.

Boilermakers 24-15

Reactions: drewjin
Watch out for their QB. He got hurt in their first game and sat out the next two. Last week he looked awful, but he should be ready for tomorrow.

We lost last week because IMO Brohm did not put a TE as a H Back to help block.

31-20 Boilers!! Plummer bounces back in a big way!! 24-34 passing .. 3 TD's 320 yes passing!!! Love to see us play uptempo .....no huddle offense!! Get on the damn ball and snap it!!! Sometimes is appears we are slow getting the plays in!

IL 24 PU 16. The road team has owned this series and we will settle for too many field goals

Updating my score prediction. Purdue still wins by 3, 12-9
The offense has really bogged down here in the second quarter. Plummer has missed some throws that could've kept drives going. I thought Brohm should've gone for it on 4th and 1 even being inside Illinois territory and after the Illini called a time out.

I guess it worked out because Purdue just forced a punt. Way to go, D!

28-17.. yaseen and Sullivan sputter but Thompson and doerue each have two TDs. Illinois QBs pressured all day. Marvin has a whale of a game along with George. Plummer possibly pulled again. Oconnell breaks Illinois back.

we get to Sunday as slight home dogs vs Minnesota
At least I got the last part right

Reactions: Dennis H.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT