ADVERTISEMENT

Planning on going to the game? Read this!

Bluegrass Boiler

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
Lexington news just had a piece on the hundreds of outdoor public parking spots near the Ohio River that are under water. Even the lowest level of the center's parking lot is flooded right now. River is not expected to go down much between now and game time, so they were recommending that people car pool and leave early enough to find parking a little further from the YUM than usual.

I think we have some commenters from Louisville on this board. Are you hearing the same thing locally?

The 3rd street parking garage (directly to the west of the stadium) is clear now. I drove by it this morning to meet a client. Parts of river rd and the park are still submerged, but the water should recede plenty by Thursday. I'd recommend getting there by 4 and having a few drinks at O'Sheas or Troll pub by the stadium. The blue and white hillbillies will most likely begin occupying the city around 5.

One option to consider is parking in Jeffersonville for free and taking a quick cab ride or walking across one of two bridges. There's the 2nd Street bridge, which is a one-mile walk across directly to the arena (there's also a hotel right next to the bridge entrance). Then there's the new walking bridge (off Pearl Street, two block off Court, which is Exit 0). It's about a mile across and then a few blocks once you get into Louisville. It's a really nice, scenic walking bridge.

You can email me at Greg.Mengelt@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Originally posted by UKboiler23:
UK alumni are meeting at O'shea's for the game so you may be surrounded by blue there
Posted from Rivals Mobile
It's UK, it's the NCAA tourney, it's in Louisville....there will be UK fans everywhere. Have a couple of spots picked out early in case places are too packed, enjoy a few beverages and the tourney atmosphere.... It doesn't get any better than this time of year. Good luck vs Cincy

Video I saw showed the lowest level of that KFC garage was flooded and (currently) unusable. They also said the river was to crest in Cincy today, and Louisville is downstream so might not be much lower by Thursday (especially with the new rain predicted for Wednesday night & Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT