ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective

Jan 29, 2023
My son is a Freshman at IU’s Kelly School of Business. Been a Purdue fan his entire short life but has really been watching hoops for only about 8-10 years. I’ve been worried he may switch to becoming an IU fan - he says “dad they never win why would I?”. He’s literally has never seen them be any good. It’s good to look at programs in the present and not the ancient past! They are winning the offseason again however 😂

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
My son is a Freshman at IU’s Kelly School of Business. Been a Purdue fan his entire short life but has really been watching hoops for only about 8-10 years. I’ve been worried he may switch to becoming an IU fan - he says “dad they never win why would I?”. He’s literally has never seen them be any good. It’s good to look at programs in the present and not the ancient past! They are winning the offseason again however 😂
kids in the last 30 years haven’t seen IU win much. They’ve been to the second weekend 4 times in that span! Purdue has been there 5 times in the last 7 tourneys and Gonzaga 9 straight yrs (and there are more teams obv).

It’s really starting to show with the most recent recruits not going to IU , even if offered tons of money.

Kids a boiler fan forever - raised him well - saw Edey’s final game at Mackey and Smith signed a ball at the book store. Long drive from NY but totally worth it. Yeah IU fans have the past but I really like where we are as a program right now - very enjoyable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT