ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald

Impossible. NW calls itself an 'elite' school. There must be a mistake.
It might be an opportunity to kick them out of the conference should the others schools want to ???? Rid the conference of all this bad publicity. Possibly replace NW with a school with more revenue to the conference as that’s where it’s going to the last few months years.

Reactions: pboiler18
It might be an opportunity to kick them out of the conference should the others schools want to ???? Rid the conference of all this bad publicity. Possibly replace NW with a school with more revenue to the conference as that’s where it’s going to the last few months years.
BT - NW + ND = $$$

It’s beyond belief— and at the same time unacceptable —that Fitz “didn’t know “ what was going on, but be honest— who in their right mind could have seen six months ago before all this came out that this guy would have such a dark side?

In terms of loyalty and outwardly upholding what NU purportedly stands for, Fitz was ideal… which is why I’m VERY dubious about this talk about kicking NU out of the B1G…

“but for the Grace of God” —- how many here would advocate for B1G expulsion for Purdue if it was Matt Painter in this situation??

It’s beyond belief— and at the same time unacceptable —that Fitz “didn’t know “ what was going on, but be honest— who in their right mind could have seen six months ago before all this came out that this guy would have such a dark side?

In terms of loyalty and outwardly upholding what NU purportedly stands for, Fitz was ideal… which is why I’m VERY dubious about this talk about kicking NU out of the B1G…

“but for the Grace of God” —- how many here would advocate for B1G expulsion for Purdue if it was Matt Painter in this situation??
Fitz knew or should have since it was going on for years and assistant coach were involved. If it was less than a year he may not of known but if involving staff and going on for years I would have to believe he knew. Same with the AD.

Fitz knew or should have since it was going on for years and assistant coach were involved. If it was less than a year he may not of known but if involving staff and going on for years I would have to believe he knew. Same with the AD.
Yep.
This is where I think Fitz/ NU and Paterno/Penn State are identical: a universally-respected HC who projected everything “good” about college athletics, but who was colossally unwilling to identify and rectify the rotten subculture that spawned and flourished on his watch…

I can only hope Purdue never finds itself in such a devastating position.

Reactions: Kocher101
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT