ADVERTISEMENT

Our offense

ImRonBurgandy?

All-American
Aug 14, 2008
Does anyone understand it?

Do we not have any quick hitting pass plays? Is a screen to the RB not in Harrell's playbook?

For as much shit as the defense is taking in this loss (rightly so), the offense was just as disappointing to me.

Seems like a good OC would have been able to neutralize the ND front somewhat.

On another note, I like Card, but he doesn't seem to have much grit to him. When the going gets tough he just kind of melts.

The offense was certainly offensive. Too bad not in a good way. Didn't they practice anything over the two weeks that might have helped both the offense and defense? And I'm certain that practicing with minimal contact hasn't been a good idea. As to effort, how many ND players were carted away with injuries, and how many Purdue ones? There seems to be a marked difference in effort.

He was horrendous last year too.
That’s just not true. Had the top rushing attack in conference games. Had to deal with poor play on the line and at WR, a hurt QB, and overall the offensive output was just barely less than Brohm’s last year that was led by a QB, WR, and TE that all are on NFL rosters.

That’s just not true. Had the top rushing attack in conference games. Had to deal with poor play on the line and at WR, a hurt QB, and overall the offensive output was just barely less than Brohm’s last year that was led by a QB, WR, and TE that all are on NFL rosters.
The rushing attack was successful because of the players and even with that we had 4 wins (which is what matters) .. not his play calling. And he has pretty much regressed this year, with the rest of the coaching staff. But we can agree to disagree as there is nothing right now that will convince me otherwise.

Last edited:
The rushing attack was successful because of the players and even with that we had 4 wins (which is what matters) .. not his play calling. And he has pretty much regressed this year, with the rest of the coaching staff. But we can agree to disagree as there is nothing right now that will convince me otherwise.
lol ok. So what was Brohmco in 2022? Just terrible but not horrendous? That legendary team was like 12 yards and 0.3 points per game better. Like I said, Harrell was horrendous yesterday. But the numbers show your assessment of him in 2023 to be wrong.

lol ok. So what was Brohmco in 2022? Just terrible but not horrendous? That legendary team was like 12 yards and 0.3 points per game better. Like I said, Harrell was horrendous yesterday. But the numbers show your assessment of him in 2023 to be wrong.
You can worship Harrell all you want, the "numbers" yesterday show I am right about him now for sure.

Reactions: mklinker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT