ADVERTISEMENT

Our Next Verbal looks to be

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
It looks like our next verbal is likely to be OT Marcus Mbow. We got 3 crystal ball picks yesterday, but they all started as soon as Steve picked us.

247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: OL to Purdue
VIP BySTEVE WILTFONG 11 hours ago

Logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Purdue for Milwaukee (Wis.) Wauwatosa East offensive tackle Marcus Mbow.

Found a small paragraph about Yanni on the Rivals main page this morning. Says he will announce next month. Boiler Up.

Reactions: KentuckyBoiler
Found a small paragraph about Yanni on the Rivals main page this morning. Says he will announce next month. Boiler Up.
I thought months ago he already said his decision was to announce in like October. Seems like he keeps procrastinating this decision.

I thought months ago he already said his decision was to announce in like October. Seems like he keeps procrastinating this decision.
It may just be me, but, the longer it drags on and he does not commit to Purdue, the more it seems as if it will be somewhere other than Purdue...if it was going to be Purdue, it seems as if this could/would have ended some time ago, or, at least by now.

His recruitment seemed different from the outset than his brother's...George had multiple options, but, it seemed that he at least really wanted to be at Purdue...I just have never had that sense with Yanni.

Reactions: SKYDOG
It may just be me, but, the longer it drags on and he does not commit to Purdue, the more it seems as if it will be somewhere other than Purdue...if it was going to be Purdue, it seems as if this could/would have ended some time ago, or, at least by now.

His recruitment seemed different from the outset than his brother's...George had multiple options, but, it seemed that he at least really wanted to be at Purdue...I just have never had that sense with Yanni.
I agree, and he seems to looking for a reason to not commit to Purdue. I believe the family wants him here at Purdue, but he is trying to justify with them why he wants to go elsewhere.

Reactions: DAG10
9hhn4sep2dm31.jpg

There is a difference between Yanni and GK. GK was a guy who wanted to actually come to Purdue and he committed early and actively recruited his all star friends to come to Purdue. GK was a bigger recruiter than our coaches!

Yanni, on the other hand has done zero recruiting of other players and is taking a wait and see approach. It’s as if he’s decided he doesn’t want to join the program unless we prove we’re a winning program!

Yanni is over rated. Absolutely nobody has him as a " big time recruit anymore ". He is a 3 star recruit at best and may not have been the best player on West Lafayette's team this year.
Just the facts Jack!

There is a difference between Yanni and GK. GK was a guy who wanted to actually come to Purdue and he committed early and actively recruited his all star friends to come to Purdue. GK was a bigger recruiter than our coaches!

Yanni, on the other hand has done zero recruiting of other players and is taking a wait and see approach. It’s as if he’s decided he doesn’t want to join the program unless we prove we’re a winning program!
Dude.

Reports at that time were that GK was a Michigan fan, and many felt they had the inside track on him.

Brohm was able to "flip" him. We were not a ... "winning program!" ... when GK jumped on board.

What's more, GK didn't start "recruiting" (as you put it) until he made the decision and committed. Additionally, it's common for committed recruits to reach out ("recruit") other offered players they know, once they've made their decision public.

Yanni is his own man. He might choose Purdue, he might not. Every player is different. You're positioning the situation as some reflection on the program. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. You're trying too hard.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT