ADVERTISEMENT

Our D-CORD..

SunnyFL24

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 30, 2013
...flat out sux!! No other words to describe it....Can't stop the run!!! Pass coverage pathetic!! Give me Holt any day!! Brohm has to step in and do somethhing.......

...flat out sux!! No other words to describe it....Can't stop the run!!! Pass coverage pathetic!! Give me Holt any day!! Brohm has to step in and do somethhing.......

wveryone who has had him as their coach mocks him.. go to any board

Same damn play they just scored on!! No one within 5 yds!!! Pathetic coverage!! No pass rush!!

I keep asking this question. Everyone keeps harping on Diaco. But the secondary for Purdue has gotten worse every year. And who is the common denominator in that equation?

I thought we had some great and experienced dbacks. Can we put graham back to being a dback?

Because it wasnt a touchdown. Lets not react emotionally! 😉

You're not following

The referee had his foot on the goal line, signaling to stop the clock.

Where he places his foot is where the ball is placed.

Once he places his foot and signals with his arms to stop the clock, that's where the ball is to be placed. It is impossible to place the ball there without it being a touchdown. There's no "emotion" there. It's just another bad example of officiating.

Reactions: SKYDOG and BBG
Umm .. the DC hasn't even coached a full season yet and anyone clamoring for Holt immediately loses credibility. Calm down.... it will be okay.

He has work to do with the players sure, but as bad as the D was under Holt it will take more than a handful of games in to an abbreviated season to fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purdue85
Umm .. the DC hasn't even coached a full season yet and anyone clamoring for Holt immediately loses credibility. Calm down.... it will be okay.

He has work to do with the players sure, but as bad as the D was under Holt it will take more than a handful of games in to an abbreviated season to fix.
Fair points, but, the DC has been bad...no getting around it. Holt is blasted way more than deserved, especially in that what he was seemingly blasted by Brohm for, Diaco is as guilty, if not more so...especially in having been aware of it.

Even the title of Defensive COORDINATOR is generous, as, to date, he is not coordinating much of anything.

Reactions: DannyGranger
For what it is worth...special teams were awful last week in Minneapolis, and, not good again this afternoon/evening.

You're not following

The referee had his foot on the goal line, signaling to stop the clock.

Where he places his foot is where the ball is placed.

Once he places his foot and signals with his arms to stop the clock, that's where the ball is to be placed. It is impossible to place the ball there without it being a touchdown. There's no "emotion" there. It's just another bad example of officiating.
Gotcha. He made the right call, but looked like he absolutely no idea what to do next! I definitely couldnt do a better job, but i wish the league had a better system for holding the refs responsible for the really bad calls!

Reactions: DAG10
Fair points, but, the DC has been bad...no getting around it. Holt is blasted way more than deserved, especially in that what he was seemingly blasted by Brohm for, Diaco is as guilty, if not more so...especially in having been aware of it.
If you want to blame Diaco for this, I believe your thought process is misdirected. This D was bad prior to him and that won't change overnight. I'm more disappointed in how Poindexter's crew is performing.

If you want to blame Diaco for this, I believe your thought process is misdirected. This D was bad prior to him and that won't change overnight. I'm more disappointed in how Poindexter's crew is performing.
That is fair, to a point at least...but, same issue(s) before, and it was Holt that was blamed.

Some of it is scheme...some of it is personnel...either way, it is not good unfortunately and it should absolutely be better than what it is at this point...the lack of a dominant LB is bothersome...the lack of any dominant player up front, more so absent Karlaftis, is disappointing, and, the secondary and how poorly they cover, tackle and just play in general (to your point) is disappointing as well.

What is Brohm going to do? Not like he is going to fire/replace him...he just hired him. The move was questioned when it was made, but, that seemed to be who he wanted.

Frankly, there are some issues on the other side of the ball that are way more concerning to me in that it is supposed to be his specialty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT