ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Where are the 2019 Burger Boys today

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
For those fascinated with pre-college rankings:

One Example:

Scottie Lewis, Florida​

Ranked as the No. 7 recruit in the class of 2019 by the 247Sports Composite, Lewis spent two seasons with the Gators and was named an SEC All-Freshman Team selection after the first of those seasons.

Lewis was a second-round NBA Draft selection in 2021 by the Charlotte Hornets, but he only made a handful of appearances for the team while splitting time with Charlotte’s NBA G League affiliate.

A significant setback in Lewis’ pro career occurred last July when he broke his left left during a practice session during NBA Summer League.

College stats: 8.2 points and 3.4 rebounds in 51 career games at Florida.

Pro stats: 0.5 points in two NBA regular-season games played with Charlotte.

I am too lazy, but I suspect there is no more than one Burger Boy in the Final Four. ... Someone with more time than I have should do an analysis of the star-rating of the starters for the final four teams.

For those fascinated with pre-college rankings:

One Example:

Scottie Lewis, Florida​

Ranked as the No. 7 recruit in the class of 2019 by the 247Sports Composite, Lewis spent two seasons with the Gators and was named an SEC All-Freshman Team selection after the first of those seasons.

Lewis was a second-round NBA Draft selection in 2021 by the Charlotte Hornets, but he only made a handful of appearances for the team while splitting time with Charlotte’s NBA G League affiliate.

A significant setback in Lewis’ pro career occurred last July when he broke his left left during a practice session during NBA Summer League.

College stats: 8.2 points and 3.4 rebounds in 51 career games at Florida.

Pro stats: 0.5 points in two NBA regular-season games played with Charlotte.
I read the article and briefly looked at their college and pro stats. Looks like maybe 4 of them didn't have very good careers. You picked out one of those. The others either had very good college careers and or were in the pros either in NBA or elsewhere. Is your point that rankings don't matter? That group also included:

Precious Achiuwa, Memphis​

Cole Anthony, North Carolina​

Armando Bacot, North Carolina​

Vernon Carey, Duke​

Anthony Edwards, Georgia​

Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana​

Tre Mann, Florida​

Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky​

Jaden McDaniels, Washington​

Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia and Kentucky​

I read the article and briefly looked at their college and pro stats. Looks like maybe 4 of them didn't have very good careers. You picked out one of those. The others either had very good college careers and or were in the pros either in NBA or elsewhere. Is your point that rankings don't matter? That group also included:

Precious Achiuwa, Memphis​

Cole Anthony, North Carolina​

Armando Bacot, North Carolina​

Vernon Carey, Duke​

Anthony Edwards, Georgia​

Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana​

Tre Mann, Florida​

Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky​

Jaden McDaniels, Washington​

Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia and Kentucky​

I didn't have a point. Purely information. I randomly chose the example. It had no purpose.

Reactions: Dryfly88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT