ADVERTISEMENT

OT: That was brutal. I'm over Caitlin.

To have lived through the Bird/Magic era was a treat for basketball fans. From my perspective, every white person from Indiana was suddenly a Celtic fan; every black person from anywhere was a Laker fan ...yet there was no animosity whatsoever. No racial stuff, just mutual respect. I remember taking a pizza over to my friend's house to watch an LA- Boston game. A magnificent game at the Garden that went against the Celts. I left there steaming inside, but said my pleasantries before departing. The husband and wife, both black, were tickled and sensed my discomfort at having to play the "gracious loser."
Those were the days, pre Jordan. Doubt society is innocent (progressive?) enough today to make such a rivalry palatable.

I actually was a fan of both teams.....until they played each other.....as I loved Bird's play. His highlight reels today are so fun to watch because his passing was insane. Magic's passing was so cool too. Fun time in the NBA.

Last edited:
I actually was a fan of both teams.....until they played each other.....as I lived Bird's play. His highlight reels today are so fun to watch because his passing was insane. Magic's passing was so cool too. Fun time in the NBA.
Kids don’t understand how good both were…both at that height doing what they were doing. And being so good at it.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
WNBA & sports commentators needs to leave the imaginary racism out of it.....it's just jealousy, plain & simple. CC has handled herself marvelously in interviews, so it's not on her. But the media, as usual, shameful.

They should take lessons from the Magic/Bird era in the NBA........great players raise all boats.....no matter what color. Rivalry was based on competition for greatness between Boston & LA. There was no racial BS some are pushing in the W Luckily those are few.
The chick on The View tried to say Clark is so famous because she's white and pretty... Uhh so Cameron Brink isn't at that level why? And Reese isn't bad looking. Better looking than Clark. Clark is just a more entertaining player to watch.

The chick on The View tried to say Clark is so famous because she's white and pretty... Uhh so Cameron Brink isn't at that level why? And Reese isn't bad looking. Better looking than Clark. Clark is just a more entertaining player to watch.
100% agree with all of this. The excuses that are being made for Reese being just a thug on the court really do amaze me. But then again the collective IQ of those on the spew is about 3, so it shouldn't surprise me that one of them said something like that. I'd say they are dumber than a bag of hammers, but I don't want to offend a bag of hammers :)

I'm old, so my standards for what looks attractive are pretty low. Clark doesn't move the needle. Brink or Reese, however......

I'm old, so my standards for what looks attractive are pretty low. Clark doesn't move the needle. Brink or Reese, however......

Don't know the Brink lady.... but Reece is very attractive beautiful woman. Still acted on court as an irrational thug though....as evidenced both with her F1, and actually cheering on another teammate's F1.

Both things can be true.

Last edited:
Don't know the Bring lady.... but Reece is very attractive beautiful woman. Still acted on court as an irrational thug though....as evidenced both with her F1, and actually cheering on another teammate's F1.

Both things can be true.
Brink is the closest to a model of all three, imo. You’ve probably seen her in commercials playing with the nba guys. She’s 6’4” and *very* talented.

• Haha
Brink is the closest to a model of all three, imo. You’ve probably seen her in commercials playing with the nba guys. She’s 6’4” and *very* talented.
Lol even in that commercial they don’t let her do much of anything related to basketball

Reactions: punaj

Unfortunately she recently suffered an ACL injury. She was going to be on the 3X3 Olympics team.

Well, you're talking about someone on the View, who are essentially functioning morons.

The View would fit it on this group very well. diametrically opposed viewpoints from some fossil brains.
We get the trump version of functioning morons.
Though as punaj says, perhaps too much credit there.

• Haha
Reactions: BBG
The View would fit it on this group very well. diametrically opposed viewpoints from some fossil brains.
We get the trump version of functioning morons.
Though as punaj says, perhaps too much credit there.
Yeah, those dumb people who don't like crime, unemployment, and the failure of our education system. How old-fashioned and unenlightened.

Reactions: Russ Ford and BBG
In other news, Reese just broke the rookie record with 8 straight double doubles in the Sky’s win vs CC and the Fever. CC and the Fever had won their prior 4. I have never watched or been a fan of the WNBA, but this rivalry has my attention. The WNBA is going to cash in on these two. I saw a clip about this game on ESPN that claimed the average ticket price was about $300. I guess the few of us discussing CC aren’t the only ones.

This thread is easily rock bottom for this forum. Mods should lock it up, you guys are constant lols...
You think? It’s not about IU which ranks it pretty high already, it’s about basketball players as much as we can ask for on the internet, and it’s the men’s offseason. I’ve seen some real stinkers over the past 20+ years I’ve been on these Purdue forums.

You don't like women's basketball? The thread is labeled OT. With just a little willpower, you could choose to not open it.
I like women's basketball. I also think a bunch of middle aged men sitting in fart soaked chairs refreshing tabs on a Purdue internet forum, deciding the merit of female athletes based on what they deem attractive is extra ridiculous, even considering some folk's borderline obsession with the comparing/contrasting to the red headed stepchild program to the south...

In other news, Reese just broke the rookie record with 8 straight double doubles in the Sky’s win vs CC and the Fever. CC and the Fever had won their prior 4. I have never watched or been a fan of the WNBA, but this rivalry has my attention. The WNBA is going to cash in on these two. I saw a clip about this game on ESPN that claimed the average ticket price was about $300. I guess the few of us discussing CC aren’t the only ones.

Reese has been on a tear of late. Hopefully, she has matured and left the BS F1 behavior is behind her. As she really is quite a fantastic player.

Cool when Sunday, both Reese & CC were having fantastic games and it ended in a 1 or game for the first Sky victory in what now is a 2-1 series.

I like women's basketball. I also think a bunch of middle aged men sitting in fart soaked chairs refreshing tabs on a Purdue internet forum, deciding the merit of female athletes based on what they deem attractive is extra ridiculous, even considering some folk's borderline obsession with the comparing/contrasting to the red headed stepchild program to the south...
Where could one find a fart soaked chair? Asking for a friend…of course.

Reese has been on a tear of late. Hopefully, she has matured and left the BS F1 behavior is behind her. As she really is quite a fantastic player.

Cool when Sunday, both Reese & CC were having fantastic games and it ended in a 1 or game for the first Sky victory in what now is a 2-1 series.
Agreed, if she can put up 25 and 16 and dominate the end of a game to secure the comeback W, just let your game do the talking. No need for the other BS. If she wants the media attention and the headlines all she has to do is win.

Agreed, if she can put up 25 and 16 and dominate the end of a game to secure the comeback W, just let your game do the talking. No need for the other BS. If she wants the media attention and the headlines all she has to do is win.
Seeing some of the highlights on social media…CCs teammate’s are worse than her Iowa ones. Can’t catch, blown wide open layups. Get the woman some players!!

Reactions: punaj
Yeah other than her center what is her name Boston? There isn't much else on the roster, even the coach is a bit suspect I think.
Seeing some of the highlights on social media…CCs teammate’s are worse than her Iowa ones. Can’t catch, blown wide open layups. Get the woman some players!!

I like Kelsie Mitchell from OSU on the team. Very quick and has been able to score against almost every one they play.

Boston is very good. Tall and uses her weight well. But I am surprised how much size these ladies have in the W.

But yes, I agree with you, besides those 3 they need BOTH more size and more talent, whether that is from the draft or if they buy a Free Agent. CC needs to hit the weights too.

Last edited:
We live in a diverse society. Some men have thoughts of attractive women athletes, while (apparently) others have visions of middle-aged men sitting in fart soaked chairs.

Far be it from me to judge which is ridiculous, much less extra ridiculous. To each his own, I always say.

We live in a diverse society. Some men have thoughts of attractive women athletes, while (apparently) others have visions of middle-aged men sitting in fart soaked chairs.

Far be it from me to judge which is ridiculous, much less extra ridiculous. To each his own, I always say.
It always amazes the things people come up with sometimes just to spin a narrative. This thread has been generally a good one discussing WNBA like never before, yet some still try to kill the buzz.

The WNBA players have complained about not enough people talking about/watching them/etc well .. now they have sold out arenas for a rivalry not seen in pro basketball in quite some time. I haven't watched the WNBA in the past as it was just unwatchable, but this Clark/Reese thing sure has turned that around.

And some of them are not bad to look at.. and with how much effort some put in to looking good on the court, that clearly matters to them.

And some of them are not bad to look at.. and with how much effort some put in to looking good on the court, that clearly matters to them.
That's a really good point. Do teams require makeup and false eyelashes as part of the uniform? No? So is it wrong to acknowledge that a woman looks pretty when she is obviously trying to look pretty? And is it only middle aged men who do it? Wasn't it the women on The View who were claiming Clark gets more attention because she's pretty? By inference, the other players are not?

Come to think of it, if it was revealed that the women on the view sat in fart soaked chairs, I would not be surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT