ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Next Mich Coach predictions - a game

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
OK, you get three guesses. They are RANKED. It's the off-season and a lot of betters on here.

GO:
1. Mike White - Florida
2. JuWon Howard - Miami Heat
3. Kevin Keats - NC State

I agree with White, no way with Howard due to all the fab 5 issues....I will add Billy Donavan

I agree - can't believe that they would choose Juwan Howard but then Michigan did honor Chris Webber at a football game. Apparently initiated by the football coach, Jim Harbaugh, although some alumni were not happy about it.

Okay grouch.....:D

1. Lavel....He leaves Butler
2. Slick Rick
3. Juwon Howard
4. Longshot with a huge chance....Two Tone Tommy the Clapper Man

Neither Donovan nor Stevens are leaving the pro ranks.....yet.
You mississinewa peeps are hardcore .... I will give you a mulligan after you read what the AD said in another thread.

You mississinewa peeps are hardcore .... I will give you a mulligan after you read what the AD said in another thread.
Never hardcore, but you may use the word "tenacious". Except for our baseball program which I can't use the right word here to describe it. Here's the latest list:

According to 247Sports' Evan Daniels, Michigan's search will be headed by Turnkey Sports.

While Michigan has not revealed anything of its search, many have already begun speculating potential names. One category, consisting of high-level coaches worth a try, has included Brad Stevens of the Boston Celtics, Billy Donovan of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Jay Wright of Villanova, Tony Bennett of Virginia, and Mark Few of Gonzaga. A second tier of proven coaches who might be more attainable includes Texas Tech's Chris Beard, Marquette's Steve Wojciechowski, Louisville's Chris Mack, Providence's Ed Cooley, Notre Dame's Mike Brey and Arizona State's Bobby Hurley.

Then, as always, there is the third option of going in-house, where Butler's LaVall Jordan, Niagara's Patrick Beilein and Michigan assistants Saddi Washington and Luke Yaklich all have close ties to Beilein and would offer a less turbulent transition, albeit at the cost of head-coaching experience.

You can eliminate the first 6 along with Beard and Brey because they're not going anywhere....unless Wright takes the '76'er's job if it opens up. My best guess is LaVall Jordan. And I'd also guess that Tom Crean is interviewed for the job.

Never hardcore, but you may use the word "tenacious". Except for our baseball program which I can't use the right word here to describe it. Here's the latest list:

According to 247Sports' Evan Daniels, Michigan's search will be headed by Turnkey Sports.

While Michigan has not revealed anything of its search, many have already begun speculating potential names. One category, consisting of high-level coaches worth a try, has included Brad Stevens of the Boston Celtics, Billy Donovan of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Jay Wright of Villanova, Tony Bennett of Virginia, and Mark Few of Gonzaga. A second tier of proven coaches who might be more attainable includes Texas Tech's Chris Beard, Marquette's Steve Wojciechowski, Louisville's Chris Mack, Providence's Ed Cooley, Notre Dame's Mike Brey and Arizona State's Bobby Hurley.

Then, as always, there is the third option of going in-house, where Butler's LaVall Jordan, Niagara's Patrick Beilein and Michigan assistants Saddi Washington and Luke Yaklich all have close ties to Beilein and would offer a less turbulent transition, albeit at the cost of head-coaching experience.

You can eliminate the first 6 along with Beard and Brey because they're not going anywhere....unless Wright takes the '76'er's job if it opens up. My best guess is LaVall Jordan. And I'd also guess that Tom Crean is interviewed for the job.
Wow. Losing another coach would be a huge blow to Butler. And I really think Micah would be a favorite to backfill him. I hope Evan is wrong.

I'm sticking with WHITE!!!

Howard! I doubt Michigan cares about the cheating. Even Purdue broke the rules back then.
Well they have removed anything and everything out of the arena that resembles anything regarding the fab 5....so I will disagree with you on this 1.

OK, you get three guesses. They are RANKED. It's the off-season and a lot of betters on here.

GO:
1. Mike White - Florida
1. Pat Kelsey
2. Luke Yaklich
3. Gregg Marshall

1. Pat Kelsey
2. Luke Yaklich
3. Gregg Marshall
I think they're looking way higher than those, but may settle if they can't get a bigger fish. I just don't see them hiring anyone without HC experience at a high level. And they should get one with the heritage and the team and the support.

I think they could get Cooley easily enough and he would go ahead of those, IMHO.

I think they're looking way higher than those, but may settle if they can't get a bigger fish. I just don't see them hiring anyone without HC experience at a high level. And they should get one with the heritage and the team and the support.

I think they could get Cooley easily enough and he would go ahead of those, IMHO.
Just going outside the box. Yaklich is in case they decide to go the interim route. Marshall needs to take a P5 job soon. Kelsey I love as a coach. His offense is almost a mirror of Beilein’s.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Just going outside the box. Yaklich is in case they decide to go the interim route. Marshall needs to take a P5 job soon. Kelsey I love as a coach. His offense is almost a mirror of Beilein’s.
It's great. That's what games are for.

GO:
1. Mike White - Florida
Tony Bennett. He wants to get back to the Midwest.

1) Tony Bennett
2) Frank Martin
3) Kevin Stallings
4) L Jordan
5) Chrissy Collins from NW

GO:
1. Mike White - Florida

1. Tony Bennett
2. Mike White
3. Jamie Dixon

1) Tony Bennett
2) Frank Martin
3) Kevin Stallings
4) L Jordan
5) Chrissy Collins from NW
I thought Martin’s name got tainted a little in the Brian Bowen deal and subsequent shoe money trial. But then again, no indication that any head coaches are going to suffer from the NCAA or the events of the FBI inspired trials.

WOW< Bennett is getting a lot of votes ... kinda scary!

Definitely scary, but it just makes sense. You lose 3 AA after winning a NC. Your stock has never been higher, and you are now entering a transition period with some roster turnover at UVA. How much is Michigan willing to pay? $$$$$

I would be shocked.

2 HC jobs, 3 seasons, one winning season. ONE.

Highest conference finish: 6th

Of those 3 seasons, he's never had a winning record in conference play.

And he's being seriously considered for (arguably) one of the top jobs in all of college BB.
I totally agree - thus, my liking it if true.

Reactions: Purdue85

3. Dane Fife & Brother Dugan as assistant.

OK - that is just my wish list.

and distant cousin special executive recruiting coach - Bernard P.

"Ange....gonna need the squad car....big recruiting trip up in Dee-troit....yep, bout to sign another 5-star....it'll be total domination for 94-feet.....gonna have this conference in our hip pocket for years to come....."

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT