ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MSU cited with serious violations

If you read that whole article, you will see that MSU has continually obstructed all investigations. Even their own Title IX investigators have to subpoena the MSUPD for incident reports. That is just crazy, yet the NCAA issued their findings way back in August that all was OK with them. The organization that usually moves at a snails pace somehow was able to clear MSU fairly quickly while all other investigators have been stonewalled. Imagine that!

This isn’t surprising at all. MSU sucks and is a shit school that would trade winning basketball and football games over literally anything else.

Reactions: Yellowstone1004
If you read that whole article, you will see that MSU has continually obstructed all investigations. Even their own Title IX investigators have to subpoena the MSUPD for incident reports. That is just crazy, yet the NCAA issued their findings way back in August that all was OK with them. The organization that usually moves at a snails pace somehow was able to clear MSU fairly quickly while all other investigators have been stonewalled. Imagine that!
Well...I mean some of our own government goes through "some" things rather fast! ;)

Reactions: ChuckJr
I was just reading a Lansing State Journal article on this subject. Mostly the same info as the ESPN linked article, except they contacted one of the university's trustees to ask for a comment. That trustee told them that she hasn't been given a copy of the report yet and so couldn't comment until she read it. Federal investigators sent MSU that report on December 14th. 6 weeks later and the trustees still haven't seen it. That is how much they really care about this whole situation.

I was just reading a Lansing State Journal article on this subject. Mostly the same info as the ESPN linked article, except they contacted one of the university's trustees to ask for a comment. That trustee told them that she hasn't been given a copy of the report yet and so couldn't comment until she read it. Federal investigators sent MSU that report on December 14th. 6 weeks later and the trustees still haven't seen it. That is how much they really care about this whole situation.
I would assume that is an outright lie, or purposefully not reading it for plausible deniability. Whatever the truth, all scenarios leading to her saying that is unacceptable. I cannot fathom Mitch and the BoT not kicking ass if this was happening at Purdue, but maybe that is just my vision through gold and black tinted glasses.

The reporter didn’t have the guts to follow up “Aren’t you in a position where you should demand a copy of the report? Don’t you have a responsibility to not only read it, but help demand actionable changes based on it in a timely manner?” But the really galling part is that time is on their side. Eventually some other institutions will have their scandals, and Sparty’s will fade in importance. They have already circled the wagons, and decided to put on a show of support for the victims to assuage their own guilt. Sadly, I’d guess that most schools would react similarly.

I bet, however, that she was well aware of the announcement that Josh Langford was going to miss the rest of the season...and could have waxed poetically on what a shame it is and how unfair:rolleyes:

Priorities...

My son lives in MI and is close friends with a guy that used to be the mascot Sparty. He has attended games with his friend as Whizzo's guest. My granddaughter is a young distance runner on the AAU circuit and loves M$U. I don't believe she is aware of the environment on campus. I have to speak carefully about this topic when she is around. As she nears college age in the next few years my hope is that she becomes more aware or chooses to go elsewhere.

Well now we know what sales pitch izzo is using: "come to felon U, we can get you out of anything".

Any ounce of respect there was for izzo should be gone now.

My son lives in MI and is close friends with a guy that used to be the mascot Sparty. He has attended games with his friend as Whizzo's guest. My granddaughter is a young distance runner on the AAU circuit and loves M$U. I don't believe she is aware of the environment on campus. I have to speak carefully about this topic when she is around. As she nears college age in the next few years my hope is that she becomes more aware or chooses to go elsewhere.
Speak carefully? I would be very outspoken to any female in my life who was considering that school.

Reactions: cjcollie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT