ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Louisville Recruiting

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
UofL has nineteen 2020 recruits verbally committed. Highest rated is player is 5.6; five of the 19 have no rating; average rating is 2.11. Yikes. Can you imagine how different this would be if Brohm was their coach?

Reactions: pboiler18
UofL has nineteen 2020 recruits verbally committed. Highest rated is player is 5.6; five of the 19 have no rating; average rating is 2.11. Yikes. Can you imagine how different this would be if Brohm was their coach?

Probably should enjoy what we have now instead of heaping on others. Purdue isn't far from it's own dumpster fire and hasn't done too much on the field yet.
Brohm has something rolling, I'd prefer to keep karma on our side.

Probably should enjoy what we have now instead of heaping on others. Purdue isn't far from it's own dumpster fire and hasn't done too much on the field yet.
Brohm has something rolling, I'd prefer to keep karma on our side.

Agreed. Enjoy the ride. Besides, they will be back to hookers etc. in no time. Louisville isn't going anywhere.

Scott Satterfield was a good hire-from all accounts. Petrino just left it so bare it will take multiple years just to get back to being competitive. Considering the arrogance of the fanbase-it's actually hilarious. Now on the flip side-we've seen already the benefit of keeping Jeff at Purdue-his recruiting is on fire, and big time athletes are actually wanting to play here-let that sync in.

As someone once said, couldn’t happen to a better fan base.
Probably my least favorite fanbase in all of college sports, uk fans are pretty awful as well. Just something about that state produces terrible fans I guess.

The nice thing I guess is that at least from some perusing of their free board, their relative vitriol isn't focused on Purdue anymore. Literally didn't see any references. It's all back-and-forth with BBN.

UL: "We have X# of commits! Hooray!"
BBN: "They're all 2 and 3 stars. You still suck."
UL: "You think you're Alabama now? You suck!"
BBN: "2-10. You suck!"

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
They did get a verbal from Chubba Purdy the other day.
That is a good get for them. If we didn’t get Alaimo I would have liked Purdy. I wonder when Purdue is going head to head with Louisville for a QB if Brohm says, “You see those pictures on the wall and those names in the record books there at Louisville? That’s me and my brother. So come get taught by the best”

Scott Satterfield was a good hire-from all accounts. Petrino just left it so bare it will take multiple years just to get back to being competitive. Considering the arrogance of the fanbase-it's actually hilarious. Now on the flip side-we've seen already the benefit of keeping Jeff at Purdue-his recruiting is on fire, and big time athletes are actually wanting to play here-let that sync in.
I think I read where his recruiting class was usually towards the bottom of the league while at Appalachian St, but they were competitive and at or near the top of the league standings the last 4 years, so he must know how to evaluate and develop the lower rated players.

Reactions: Jesse82
Highest paid 6-6 coach in the country. Enjoy him. He played you until he bolts for the NFL.

We got Brohm for nearly three years for what you just paid Bobby P to leave.

And to be honest, he played Louisville to get more money to stay where he wanted to. He never should have teased your fan base by giving you false hope he’d return to that cess pool.

You sound jealous to me

I wanted him back, no question, but lost complete respect by the way he strung us along for a Purdue raise. Purdue overpaid for a coach that hasn’t come close to earning that kind of money.

The scuttle in Louisville is that be will leverage a good season next year at Purdue for an NFL head coaching job. We will see.

I wanted him back, no question, but lost complete respect by the way he strung us along for a Purdue raise. Purdue overpaid for a coach that hasn’t come close to earning that kind of money.

The scuttle in Louisville is that be will leverage a good season next year at Purdue for an NFL head coaching job. We will see.

Same “scuttle” that him as a lock for Louisville in December?

Try to rationalize it anyway you want (he wanted to much money, Satterfield is better, he’ll jump to NFL in 2020 anyway) but accept that Louisville favorite son from Louisville’s football family, is the coach you wish you had and still want

I enjoy the ignorant fools (Tennessee fans last year, Louisville fans this year, IU fans always) constantly state he’s done nothing to deserve it. They just need to take two seconds and realize how bad the roster he inherited was

Same “scuttle” that him as a lock for Louisville in December?

Try to rationalize it anyway you want (he wanted to much money, Satterfield is better, he’ll jump to NFL in 2020 anyway) but accept that Louisville favorite son from Louisville’s football family, is the coach you wish you had and still want

I do wish he’d taken the job. He will regret it one day. I don’t think he realizes how much resentment there is in the city.

Still, you way overpaid.

I’ll touch base and eat crow in a year if wrong.

I do wish he’d taken the job. He will regret it one day. I don’t think he realizes how much resentment there is in the city.

Still, you way overpaid.

To retain Brohm is costing Purdue 5.25+ million a year at 7 years with Hazell paid off and 56 million coming in from BTN

To hire Satterfield for 6 years at Louisville will cost Louisville 5.55+ A year to pay his salary and Bobby P’s payout

Not too upset at Purdue in this one

Last edited:

Still, you way overpaid.

You have a serious case of sour grapes.

You clowns will never learn. You and your ilk have been predicting him to leave from day one.

I don't know... maybe it happens, maybe it won't. The truth is, he didn't leverage the UL job to just get a raise at Purdue. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together (and who read/watched the news objectively) knew it was a difficult decision. I get it. He has emotional ties to UL. He has family there. Fact is, UL cannot measure up to what he has in front of him at Purdue. This is a FANTASTIC time to be at the helm at Purdue. If leadership at Purdue changes, all bets are off, but even he said, "People don't know how good it is (at Purdue)."

As to the "overpaid" bullsh*t, he is only overpaid if he doesn't take this program to the levels of success most people see coming.

Not sure if he'll EVER regret not taking over at the UL dumpster fire, but it's highly unlikely there's any existing regret. As a fan base (and community), y'all have shown your true colors. If anything, the experience has opened his eyes.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
To retain Brohm is costing Purdue 5.25+ million a year at 7 years with Hazell paid off and 56 million coming in from BTN

To hire Satterfield for 6 years at Louisville will cost Louisville 5.55+ A year to pay his salary and Bobby P’s payout

Not too upset at Purdue in this one
Nice comparison. Brohm said several times people didn’t realize how good he had it at Purdue, he obviously was speaking to UL fans that continue to think it’s a no brainer to be at UL vs Purdue.

We got Brohm for nearly three years for what you just paid Bobby P to leave.

And to be honest, he played Louisville to get more money to stay where he wanted to. He never should have teased your fan base by giving you false hope he’d return to that cess pool.

If you have read the facts and heard what Alan and Brian said you would not be saying such absurd things. I would not suggest you ever repeat them to a Brohm, especially CJB.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
You have a serious case of sour grapes.

You clowns will never learn. You and your ilk have been predicting him to leave from day one.

I don't know... maybe it happens, maybe it won't. The truth is, he didn't leverage the UL job to just get a raise at Purdue. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together (and who read/watched the news objectively) knew it was a difficult decision. I get it. He has emotional ties to UL. He has family there. Fact is, UL cannot measure up to what he has in front of him at Purdue. This is a FANTASTIC time to be at the helm at Purdue. If leadership at Purdue changes, all bets are off, but even he said, "People don't know how good it is (at Purdue)."

As to the "overpaid" bullsh*t, he is only overpaid if he doesn't take this program to the levels of success most people see coming.

Not sure if he'll EVER regret not taking over at the UL dumpster fire, but it's highly unlikely there's any existing regret. As a fan base (and community), y'all have shown your true colors. If anything, the experience has opened his eyes.

That is such baloney horse-dung. It’s one thing to say that he was loyal Purdue to players and the administration but another to imply that Purdue football is approaching Bama status.

UofL had an awful, embarrassing season last year, but is two years removed from producing a Heisman winner and six from a New Year’s bowl victory against a forth ranked team from the SEC.

I seem to recall your own 1-10 dumpster fire that led to his hiring.

The two jobs are comparable and one could logically argue that Louisville has enjoyed more success over the last 10 years.

Reactions: destewart
That is such baloney horse-dung. It’s one thing to say that he was loyal Purdue to players and the administration but another to imply that Purdue football is approaching Bama status.

UofL had an awful, embarrassing season last year, but is two years removed from producing a Heisman winner and six from a New Year’s bowl victory against a forth ranked team from the SEC.

The two jobs are comparable and one could logically argue that Louisville has enjoyed more success over the last 10 years.

Nobody mentioned Bama but you, you bonehead.

Don't be so d@mn dense. What's going on at Purdue right now is something you (apparently) are quite ignorant of. Educate yourself. Once you do, it should begin to dawn on you why Brohm elected to stay.

Purdue is in much better financial shape than UL right now. And Purdue gets $56M from BIG TV money per year. The ACC isn’t close to that right now. For football, the BIG is a better conference. Things can change but that’s the truth. I think Satterfield will succeed at UL. Brohm will take Purdue to new heights.

I love the “he hasn’t done anything yet” crowd that, in the same breath, also claims that he’s going to bolt for an NFL or “big-time” college job. I’ve heard those types of jobs usually go to guys that have yet to accomplish anything. TIC
Assuming everyone is Petrino

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT