ADVERTISEMENT

OT!!!: IU grabs mediocrity from the portal

You may be right, but I think the new guys coming in will open the front court up for offense and defense.
They better hope Reneau doesn’t continue his dumb fouling streak and foul out a ton. On the flip side, Ballo is under 50% from the FT line…so let’s make him a “FT merchant” and see if he can hit those shots consistently.

They don’t have anyone to back either of these two up that’s make to give good mins.

They better hope Reneau doesn’t continue his dumb fouling streak and foul out a ton. On the flip side, Ballo is under 50% from the FT line…so let’s make him a “FT merchant” and see if he can hit those shots consistently.

They don’t have anyone to back either of these two up that’s make to give good mins.
Mgbako can play the 4. Ballo only averaged 26 mpg. They are actively recruiting backup centers from the portal with their last scholly but it’s slim pickings now. They had more depth last year and ware could play more minutes.

Mgbako can play the 4. Ballo only averaged 26 mpg. They are actively recruiting backup centers from the portal with their last scholly but it’s slim pickings now. They had more depth last year and ware could play more minutes.
Mgbako is slower so the 4 is good for him
But not sure he dan actually guard 4s that are physical down low. Oh well, guess we will see. Saw they are trying to get a big from Monmouth for their backup.

The main thing is how they’ll manage their roster full of guys who are used to playing a lot and some won’t play as much and have their roles reduced…could happen to their incoming 5 star who can’t shoot well…or maybe it’ll be Goode. Will be interesting to see.

But not sure he dan actually guard 4s that are physical down low. Oh well, guess we will see. Saw they are trying to get a big from Monmouth for their backup.

The main thing is how they’ll manage their roster full of guys who are used to playing a lot and some won’t play as much and have their roles reduced…could happen to their incoming 5 star who can’t shoot well…or maybe it’ll be Goode. Will be interesting to see.

It seems you know a lot about iu.
Is that a good thing?
😎Lol....just funin

I believe Galloway is happy with taking less minutes as long as they are winning.

I believe Galloway is happy with taking less minutes as long as they are winning.

It's really his last season to make money playing basketball as well. He could play over seas, but not everyone wants to go that route. I don't think he gets less minutes though, he was quite a bit more efficient last year than the 2 PAC transfers incoming and who knows about the freshman (Tucker?). Goode would, theoretically, take all of Leal's minutes and play a role no one else can play (other than Leal).

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
It's really his last season to make money playing basketball as well. He could play over seas, but not everyone wants to go that route. I don't think he gets less minutes though, he was quite a bit more efficient last year than the 2 PAC transfers incoming and who knows about the freshman (Tucker?). Goode would, theoretically, take all of Leal's minutes and play a role no one else can play (other than Leal).
Leal should have hit the portal.

Leal should have hit the portal.
IU is overpaying him and he is the local, hometown kid that lives like a king even though he’s nots good. He’s got his real estate business on the side so he’s living his best life! I’m not sure any other P6 D1 schools would even pay close to what IU is paying him….but that could be said for a lot of IU players

IU is overpaying him and he is the local, hometown kid that lives like a king even though he’s nots good. He’s got his real estate business on the side so he’s living his best life! I’m not sure any other P6 D1 schools would even pay close to what IU is paying him….but that could be said for a lot of IU players
I must have missed this info but what are these players from iu getting? I saw ballo, mgbako, and Renau numbers but hear about the others.

Enough NIL to not have to start a GoFundMe to travel out of the state.

You seem to come off as a nasty little person. If that is not your intention, perhaps reflect and change posting styles??

Why are you here anyway? You do not seem to be a Purdue fan. This is a site for Purdue btw.

As if you really knew. LOL Might want to check that out before mouthing off. Berg isn't from the US dumb dumb. IU paying NIL to foreign players now? Wouldn't surprise me. Anyone that would hire Sampson with his baggage would do anything.

Reactions: Schnelk
You seem to come off as a nasty little person. If that is not your intention, perhaps reflect and change posting styles??

Why are you here anyway? You do not seem to be a Purdue fan. This is a site for Purdue btw.

Ehh don’t mind him.

He’s only here when IU looks to have a formidable team. He was talkin a whole bunch before the first Purdue IU game last year and then didn’t post again once Edey made Ware and Reneau his sons by dominating them all over, diving on the floor and splashing a 3 in their eye.

Once the season ended and he knew the bad man couldn’t hurt him anymore, he returned to try and talk trash…which he is very mid at. So his username is very appropriate. He says even dumber takes on his own board.

They won’t have much of a choice but to move the Taco Bell Bandit to the 4, since Reneau can’t stay in the game. Defensively, he’ll get eaten up like a gordita. Their rental team has some pieces but it will likely be dysfunctional as guys become disgruntled with their roles and PT, and Woodson and his sleepy coaches try to soothe egos. Many will stay a year and then be gone, so they’ll start fresh next Spring anyway. Should get them into the top 12 of the BiG and, with some luck, they’ll be a bubble team.

They won’t have much of a choice but to move the Taco Bell Bandit to the 4, since Reneau can’t stay in the game. Defensively, he’ll get eaten up like a gordita. Their rental team has some pieces but it will likely be dysfunctional as guys become disgruntled with their roles and PT, and Woodson and his sleepy coaches try to soothe egos. Many will stay a year and then be gone, so they’ll start fresh next Spring anyway. Should get them into the top 12 of the BiG and, with some luck, they’ll be a bubble team.
Maybe they can qualify for the 2025 B1G Tournament !! HANG THE BANNER !!

Damn. And this “Low NIL” program still is more successful than IU in the last 30 years.
Do you guys now measure programs based on NIL funding instead of wins? Nothing else seems to be working for you, so whatever makes you feel better about yourselves. I guess. Will you storm the court and cut down the nets when you declare a NIL championship? lol

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
you should all watch Sleeper's last video where they compare Purdue's roster next year vs IU's. They both have IU better at 4 of 5 stating positions- with Braden being only winner. Then they rank each roster 1-10 and say IU is better at 7 of 10 spots. But all is subjective now as PU obviously has more unknowns at this point and they point out the most obvious Paint is MUCH better than Woodman.

you should all watch Sleeper's last video where they compare Purdue's roster next year vs IU's. They both have IU better at 4 of 5 stating positions- with Braden being only winner. Then they rank each roster 1-10 and say IU is better at 7 of 10 spots. But all is subjective now as PU obviously has more unknowns at this point and they point out the most obvious Paint is MUCH better than Woodman.
I think it’ll be interesting to see how IU’s team gels with guys that haven’t played together. They certainly could be amazing (on paper they seem to be). But will they be as motivated if they aren’t getting as much playing time as they thought, or aren’t the focal point, or aren’t as motivated due to getting paid a good amount of money by the highest suitor so they are not as hungry or let’s see if Woodson actually switches his offense up and values the 3 more. If he does not do that, IU needs to guard really well and none of the guys they brought in have done that very well.

Purdue has the ceiling of a B1G champ and F4 team if everything is clicking, however it also has the floor of finishing in the middle of the B1G and as a first weekend exit team. I’m excited to see what we look like without the center being our focal point on offense and getting out to run and utilize our athleticism at every position.

Going back to IU, if they don’t make an E8 and finish top 3 in B1G, I’d say that was a waste of money and season.

I think it’ll be interesting to see how IU’s team gels with guys that haven’t played together. They certainly could be amazing (on paper they seem to be). But will they be as motivated if they aren’t getting as much playing time as they thought, or aren’t the focal point, or aren’t as motivated due to getting paid a good amount of money by the highest suitor so they are not as hungry or let’s see if Woodson actually switches his offense up and values the 3 more. If he does not do that, IU needs to guard really well and none of the guys they brought in have done that very well.

Purdue has the ceiling of a B1G champ and F4 team if everything is clicking, however it also has the floor of finishing in the middle of the B1G and as a first weekend exit team. I’m excited to see what we look like without the center being our focal point on offense and getting out to run and utilize our athleticism at every position.

Going back to IU, if they don’t make an E8 and finish top 3 in B1G, I’d say that was a waste of money and season.
Winning Culture/Chemistry/Player development is a real thing that you can't measure. IU is trying to buy it, not build it. We'll see how that goes.....

For example, from listening to a couple Purdue basketball podcasts this week I learned that Myles Colvin was visibly pissed off that Purdue lost the title game in the locker room after loss to UConn. Also heard that he was the first player PJ Thompson saw in the gym the next day when team returned from Phoenix. That is winning culture to a T from a Freshman who probably didn't like his role, but learned to accept it and improved down the stretch.

Yes, Purdue loses Zach. Major, major loss. However, the collective jump Colvin, Heide, TKR, Smith, Loyer, etc could make in their natural development within this proven system is being lost in the shuffle IMO.

Winning Culture/Chemistry/Player development is a real thing that you can't measure. IU is trying to buy it, not build it. We'll see how that goes.....

For example, from listening to a couple Purdue basketball podcasts this week I learned that Myles Colvin was visibly pissed off that Purdue lost the title game in the locker room after loss to UConn. Also heard that he was the first player PJ Thompson saw in the gym the next day when team returned from Phoenix. That is winning culture to a T from a Freshman who probably didn't like his role, but learned to accept it and improved down the stretch.

Yes, Purdue loses Zach. Major, major loss. However, the collective jump Colvin, Heide, TKR, Smith, Loyer, etc could make in their natural development within this proven system is being lost in the shuffle IMO.
Well said.

I’d only say it’s lost in the shuffle by non Purdue fans 😂

You could say something similar every year if you base it on recruiting rankings. In fact, IU fans DO say that every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT