ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Interesting tidbit about Covid and Australia policies

KidsDoc

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2001
One of my best friends son is a captain for Emirates airlines and he just landed in Victoria Australia today. He and his crew were immediately quarantined for 4 days even though everyone of the crew has been vaccinated and most twice because they just retook the Pfizer shots and they just recently tested negative for Covid. AS the Captain he spoke with the Australian authoritiess about this being an abuse of power. After he finished speaking they gave him another day extra of quarintine. Think governments are getting too powerful?

Australia just passed 1,000 deaths for a country of 26 million people, Indiana has over 15,000 deaths for a state with a little less than 7 million (and it seems like most Republicans think Holcomb was overstepping his authority with much of his covid response as Governor).

One of my best friends son is a captain for Emirates airlines and he just landed in Victoria Australia today. He and his crew were immediately quarantined for 4 days even though everyone of the crew has been vaccinated and most twice because they just retook the Pfizer shots and they just recently tested negative for Covid. AS the Captain he spoke with the Australian authoritiess about this being an abuse of power. After he finished speaking they gave him another day extra of quarintine. Think governments are getting too powerful?
Flight crews have been under quarantine without exception from the start. Did read today that Australia is going away from Covid Zero mode and going to open things up.

Reactions: dayhr11
Australia just passed 1,000 deaths for a country of 26 million people, Indiana has over 15,000 deaths for a state with a little less than 7 million (and it seems like most Republicans think Holcomb was overstepping his authority with much of his covid response as Governor).
And people apparently don't get that that's clear data. If you don't care that more people die from this without strict enforcement then more power to you, I guess.

I said it was OT. And I forgot to add that they have guards outside their hotel rooms so they don't leave. So let me get this straigjt, even though you have been vaccinated with 2 different vaccines and just tested negative 2 days a go, you should still be quarantined and have guards outside your door and just because you question authorities about this you are given extra punishment because you questioned them .
If you think this is acceptable Then you have a problem

I said it was OT. And I forgot to add that they have guards outside their hotel rooms so they don't leave. So let me get this straigjt, even though you have been vaccinated with 2 different vaccines and just tested negative 2 days a go, you should still be quarantined and have guards outside your door and just because you question authorities about this you are given extra punishment because you questioned them .
That is a bit much. I’m team do whatever to the unvaccinated but this is over the top unnecessary.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
...and if you see that or having to wear a mask and immediately think you understand what it was like to be persecuted in the holocaust then you have an entirely worse problem.

Whining about how another country treats you by making you stay in a hotel during a global pandemic... tell me you have white privilege without telling me you have white privilege.

...and if you see that or having to wear a mask and immediately think you understand what it was like to be persecuted in the holocaust then you have an entirely worse problem.

Whining about how another country treats you by making you stay in a hotel during a global pandemic... tell me you have white privilege without telling me you have white privilege.
tell me you are a liberal freak without telling me you are a liberal freak.

Australia foolishly stopped allowing peaceful protests a few years ago. Now you can be jailed for it.

If you give power to a gov't body, local or large, they almost never willingly give it back.

At the time most of their citizens didn't think much of it because it was intended to curb protests being made by people of indigenous ancestry. Not so great in principle when it gets applied to everyone else.

It never ceases to amaze me how a discussion about literally anything can end up with someone attempting to make it about race. I mean good grief it’s ridiculous.

Until enough people push back this is the future. You'd be surprised how many people like powerful government bureaucracy.

Adding extra quarantine days for complaining definitely seems like power abuse.
However, I always take care to respect another countries laws and customs when I travel there. Always feel like I’m representing the US and want to be respectful. It’s their country- who am I to complain? Australia has a very respectable govt

Serious question. What about traffic fatalities or drownings? Should the government get rid of cars or limit their speed to prevent deaths? Should they ban swimming pools so people don’t needlessly drown? Who in the government gets to decide how many deaths are acceptable for certain activities until they are taken away?

It’s always been too powerful. It’s why they can admit to not isolating a virus and then convince you they can calibrate testing equipment to diagnose whatever they want to say it is. Don’t believe me? Check out page 40 of the CDC’s own document for PCR testing protocols https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download.

No isolate, no novel virus. I’m amazed how many still don’t know this.

Australia just passed 1,000 deaths for a country of 26 million people, Indiana has over 15,000 deaths for a state with a little less than 7 million
Australia has very low population density (9 sq/mi) versus Indiana (187 sq/mi) so they are naturally "socially distanced'. They were also able to effectively close their borders at the onset. They are at a different point on the curve than the US. The facts are, we are all going to get the virus eventually along with a endless string of "boosters" every 6-8 months.

Americans should be able to do whatever they please in foreign countries. Their rules should not apply to us. He is a Captain for God’s sake and has every right to argue about their abuse of authority.

Bunch of liberals over there. That’s what you get with lunatics in control.

Reactions: ramos1969
The liberal agenda always says, never waste a good crisis as an opportunity to seize more control. More control for them is security for their ruling class. When people have freedoms and independence, they don’t need their government and their politicians. That creates insecurity that they may not be able to stay in power. So they strip your freedoms every so slightly so you don’t realize it’s happening. One by one until your grandkids wake up one day and question how we got here.

Do you think the Germans woke up one day and just started shooting people of the Jewish faith? Before some liberal jumps all over me about how this is an extreme example and Covid isn’t the same as the Holocaust, I’m not saying they are. But the principals at play that led to the Holocaust are strikingly similar to what’s going on now.

Freedom is one generation away from extinction.

The liberal agenda always says, never waste a good crisis as an opportunity to seize more control. More control for them is security for their ruling class. When people have freedoms and independence, they don’t need their government and their politicians. That creates insecurity that they may not be able to stay in power. So they strip your freedoms every so slightly so you don’t realize it’s happening. One by one until your grandkids wake up one day and question how we got here.

Do you think the Germans woke up one day and just started shooting people of the Jewish faith? Before some liberal jumps all over me about how this is an extreme example and Covid isn’t the same as the Holocaust, I’m not saying they are. But the principals at play that led to the Holocaust are strikingly similar to what’s going on now.

Freedom is one generation away from extinction.
Freedom is one generation away from extinction — Ronald Reagan

It’s almost like traveling to a different country means you shouldn’t expect the same freedoms and laws that govern you in the United States.

sorry, but if you travel (business or pleasure) then you are subject to their cultural and political practices.

Reactions: RRanney1
Australia is a cautionary tale for the US. While it is technically a democracy, the current leadership have responded to Covid with totalitarian measures. They now require that you load an app so they can track you and arrest you if you do not obey their dictates regarding travel. Almost makes me want to trade my smartphone in for a flip phone.

Racist.

Reactions: BoilerBloodline
We need this one last contentious OT thread to get us through the final few hours of the offseason.
Exactly - it’s game day and for once we can all be on the same side if just for 24 hours. Let’s give it a try!

Boilers 34-28

Take it to the other board

Oh just try and create an additional problem where there wasn't one. People that try to play race into every situation are part of the reason there's mistrust, you are the problem by causing racial friction in a situation where there was zero right up until you screamed it.

FYI in case you haven't figured this out (because everyone else has) All people like their independence, like to make their own decisions and don't particularly like others telling them what they can and can't do. Kids don't like their parents telling them to do their homework, go to bed, clean their rooms..............and it isn't white privilege.

WD

Dude, what they are doing is extremist and a total abuse of power. This has nothing to do with any kind of privilege

population density.
Apples to Oranges

LOL! What? Show me a link. You probably believe aliens caused the virus!
No, but Fautchy paid for its creation! That would be proven if independent investigators were allowed to work!

the info on dead from Jab is readily available on line. Just not on google or Facebook. Reality is not allowed there!

Australia has very low population density (9 sq/mi) versus Indiana (187 sq/mi) so they are naturally "socially distanced'.

population density.
Apples to Oranges

A vast a majority of Australia is practically uninhabited desert at .2 people/sq mi. There are some very densely populated areas in Melbourne, Sydney and the like. I’m not sure we can write off all the difference to generalized population density.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT