ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Derek Willis PI

I wonder if he'll get a suspension. Maybe Calipari has a two strikes method similar to Painter.

P.S. I know he's a college kid just having fun like most of us probably did while in college, but if you're underage (should 21 be the legal age to drink?) and get caught and arrested, you have to take a dagger for it. At least he's a happy drunk. (tic)

I agree as long as he was not behind the wheel of a car, no big deal!

Looks like he might have been based on the video.

So sad that this will probably be his legacy as a college basketball player. I guess for the next 15 years he can impress people by telling them all the NBA players he got to play with though.

Looks like he might have been based on the video.

So sad that this will probably be his legacy as a college basketball player. I guess for the next 15 years he can impress people by telling them all the NBA players he got to play with though.
then PI is not the correct charge.

He technically wasn't driving, so they can't charge him. But if you look at the dashcam video, he at one point was driving. Lucky to be alive in my opinion. Could have had an accident or even been ran over (he was laying in the road when cops approached).

I didn't charge him. Watch the video. It looks like he pulled over to the side of the road, opened the drivers door, crawled out on road by the door, and passed out right there. When he was found he wasn't driving but one can deduce that he probably was driving drunk at some point before passing out next to his car. I don't know if you can charge someone for DUI under those circumstances or not but it seems fortunate for him to only get PI.

I didn't charge him. Watch the video. It looks like he pulled over to the side of the road, opened the drivers door, crawled out on road by the door, and passed out right there. When he was found he wasn't driving but one can deduce that he probably was driving drunk at some point before passing out next to his car. I don't know if you can charge someone for DUI under those circumstances or not but it seems fortunate for him to only get PI.
I think it depends on the state. I have it on high authority (Alaska State Troopers) that you have to be sitting in the driver's seat with the engine running.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT