ADVERTISEMENT

One Really Violent Day

Wait, you mean people who work for the Catholic Church abuse kids? I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you!
Let me guess... You asked your children if they felt like a boy or a girl?
Are you encouraging your kids to major in gender studies?

Yeh, Catholic school instill discipline. You learn quickly where the boundaries are. I sorry that you were brought up believing that reasoning with children is how you change behavior (it's not).

Let me guess... You asked your children if they felt like a boy or a girl?
Are you encouraging your kids to major in gender studies?

Yeh, Catholic school instill discipline. You learn quickly where the boundaries are. I sorry that you were brought up believing that reasoning with children is how you change behavior (it's not).
Well, at least you're consistent about being at odds with what the science says.

So you're explicitly against the constitution, now. Good to know.
And the whole due process thing including innocent until proven guilty. Oh, and criminals can't be rehabilitated. Also "tuning up" suspects is a good thing. And then there's the "make Gaza a parking lot" style of diplomacy. He's very enlightened.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SKYDOG
If you’re not sure if Trump wants to be a lunatic strongman dictator? He does.

Listen to his exact words from today, talking about how police should address retail theft:

“They have to be taught. Now, if you had one really violent day… It’s so bad. One rough hour, and I mean real rough. The word will get out and it will end immediately. End immediately. You know? It will end immediately.”
How in the hell does this say dictator? Dumb comment, but you're really reaching here.

Yeah? No.

Violent summary justice on the scene, at times because someone was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

How about arrests based on probable cause and convictions based on proof beyond a reasonable doubt instead? That would be a better way to prevent the breakdown of civil society.
That would be great if there weren't leftist DA's that will just let them go and not prosecute.

So you're explicitly against the constitution, now. Good to know.
No. I'm against people who constantly break the law.
I would very much be in favor of a 3 strikes rule, but I bet that the liberals would call it unconstitutional so come up with some other way it infringes on peoples rights.

Well, at least you're consistent about being at odds with what the science says.
Let me guess.....some lefty lib social behaviorist thinks the spanking a child is abuse? Shocker.

Keep in mind, there's a difference between spanking (getting the hand, paddle, spoon, belt, switch, etc) and beating. I don't believe in injuring a child, that's physical abuse. But having their butt sting for 30 seconds isn't abuse.

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
No. I'm against people who constantly break the law.
I would very much be in favor of a 3 strikes rule, but I bet that the liberals would call it unconstitutional so come up with some other way it infringes on peoples rights.
But you explicitly said there are certain people who don't "deserve" due process, which is guaranteed to all in the constitution. So, you must think the constitution is wrong about that.

And the whole due process thing including innocent until proven guilty. Oh, and criminals can't be rehabilitated. Also "tuning up" suspects is a good thing. And then there's the "make Gaza a parking lot" style of diplomacy. He's very enlightened.
"My boy was a good boy, he was going to church and trying to turn his life around"
You mean those types of criminals who can seem to get out of the habit of getting in trouble?

As far as Gaza, it's pretty much a parking lot now. On to Beirut and then Tehran.

Let me guess.....some lefty lib social behaviorist thinks the spanking a child is abuse? Shocker.

Keep in mind, there's a difference between spanking (getting the hand, paddle, spoon, belt, switch, etc) and beating. I don't believe in injuring a child, that's physical abuse. But having their butt sting for 30 seconds isn't abuse.
It's funny that you immediately go to "lefty lib" to describe anyone that disagrees with you. If you look into it, you'll find that the research that has been done on this topic strongly suggests that spanking (or any other kind of physical violence towards children) is an ineffective form of discipline and can cause long-term damage. Your tough-guy persona does not invalidate that research.

It is listed in the search function.
Is it?
Screenshot-2024-10-02-at-2-50-58-PM.png

So again I'll ask. Are you mistaken or are you lying?

"My boy was a good boy, he was going to church and trying to turn his life around"
You mean those types of criminals who can seem to get out of the habit of getting in trouble?

As far as Gaza, it's pretty much a parking lot now. On to Beirut and then Tehran.
Nice generalization. No I mean the people that have realized the error of their ways and became productive members of society. They're out there. Lots of them. You want examples?

Prisons on every corner in your utopia.

Thank your god I don't view life like you do. Catholics don't believe in forgiveness? Another Christian hypocrite.

It's funny that you immediately go to "lefty lib" to describe anyone that disagrees with you. If you look into it, you'll find that the research that has been done on this topic strongly suggests that spanking (or any other kind of physical violence towards children) is an ineffective form of discipline and can cause long-term damage. Your tough-guy persona does not invalidate that research.

Research also shows kids who have experienced corporal punishment are more likely to be violent in their dating relationships and in marriage. They also tend to be more aggressive (bullying) and more prone to lying and cheating. They tend to think getting physical is a solution to their problems.

But look who I'm talking to. It's just lefty lib psycho babble science for kids who got beat up at recess.

But you explicitly said there are certain people who don't "deserve" due process, which is guaranteed to all in the constitution. So, you must think the constitution is wrong about that.
Yeh. I think repeat offenders deserve to get tuned up.
Why do they repeat offend? Because the consequence they've received haven't been consequential enough.
How many chances to you think someone should get?
How many felonies should someone allowed to be convicted of?

Research also shows kids who have experienced corporal punishment are more likely to be violent in their dating relationships and in marriage. They also tend to be more aggressive (bullying) and more prone to lying and cheating. They tend to think getting physical is a solution to their problems.

But look who I'm talking to. It's just lefty lib psycho babble science for kids who got beat up at recess.
Show me your reference.

Could this be the reason for the high murder rates in inner cities controlled by dems?

Yeh. I think repeat offenders deserve to get tuned up.
Why do they repeat offend? Because the consequence they've received haven't been consequential enough.
How many chances to you think someone should get?
How many felonies should someone allowed to be convicted of?
These are valid questions, which are something for the legal system to wrestle with, but all of it still counts as due process. Getting "tuned up" is outside of due process. So, while we could have a discussion about how many chances someone gets or what the sentence should be for crimes, we can't really get there if your solution to those sentences not being harsh enough is that someone loses the protection of the constitution. Or are you suggesting that the constitution should be amended such that due process is no longer guaranteed? Or that it could be forfeited?

Show me your reference.

It's also funny that anything that's of a sort of scientific consensus that disagrees with you can be discounted because it comes from "lefty-libs," but you accept Christian organizations as a good source for science criticism. Like I could link you to Answers in Genesis and they'd have a similarly authoritative article about how the science that says the Earth is 4.5 billion years old is actually based on poor research, but that doesn't make the claim that it's 6-10k years old any less ridiculous. Never once in the history of humanity has religion disproved science. Only better science does that. But, since you asked for a reference:
There's a few. I know, I know, these are all "lefty-lib" organizations referring to research done by "lefty-lib social behaviorists," so you are completely justified in ignoring them because, you know, you turned out fine so spanking must not cause any harm, actually.

Now, if you want to say you think the science is wrong, that's your prerogative. But you don't get to pretend to be in line with it when it very clearly does not support your position.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT