ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
Scoring touchdowns with guys with first names like Jackson and Bauer.

Northwestern fans are pissed. If a guy named Blake does something, they may sue

Somebody put grease on the pigskin up in Lansing, Sparty can't hold onto the ball.

Burks was as terrible as Scourton lol. He wanted cash Purdue didn’t have. The rest of them were pretty bad yeah.
Burks would thrive as a #3 option in the slot. Which he is now. Will probably have a nice year. Still falls down for no reason when catching the ball.

I just remember hearing for months after we lost again and again we didn’t have the talent to win.
There was a multitude of issues Purdue didn’t make a bowl last year. Talent and depth was one of them. There is a reason a bunch of guys were brought in this year. It’s what you do in a rebuild.

Reactions: z_one
He sure is thriving tonight.
I’d hope he can beat a high school team…. Call me when he plays someone good. But yes, he has caught a lot of balls while diving for no reason. And when you say thriving, 36 receiving yards.

OMG I can’t believe this shit Deion Burks just went for 50 total yards and 3 TD vs Temple I knew that he was the best WR in the entire NCAA and I can’t believe that Ryan Walters and Graham Harrell are the worst coaches who have ever coached and we are stuck with them 😭😭😭

OMG I can’t believe this shit Deion Burks just went for 50 total yards and 3 TD vs Temple I knew that he was the best WR in the entire NCAA and I can’t believe that Ryan Walters and Graham Harrell are the worst coaches who have ever coached and we are stuck with them 😭😭😭

Guy is a good player.

It’s not about losing him. It’s about not fully taking advantage of him while he was here and everybody on this board saying we had no talent.

It’s just not facts

Guy is a good player.

It’s not about losing him. It’s about not fully taking advantage of him while he was here and everybody on this board saying we had no talent.

It’s just not facts
No one ever said he wasn’t. You wanting 1000 yards and 10 TD in 2023 out of him is the problem. He’s not that guy.

I can’t wait to see your reaction tomorrow night if Scourton sacks Riley Leonard. You’ll be on here telling us how these trash coaches couldn’t put him in the right position to make plays.

Reactions: z_one and BoilerN
I just remember hearing for months after we lost again and again we didn’t have the talent to win.
I don’t think we did. Unless you thought Austin salsa Johnson getting stood up was talent. We will see this year. If there’s no improvement that seat will be hot and he will be gone

I don’t think we did. Unless you thought Austin salsa Johnson getting stood up was talent. We will see this year. If there’s no improvement that seat will be hot and he will be gone
There were 4 other linemen. Why run off the back of that one?

No one ever said he wasn’t. You wanting 1000 yards and 10 TD in 2023 out of him is the problem. He’s not that guy.

I can’t wait to see your reaction tomorrow night if Scourton sacks Riley Leonard. You’ll be on here telling us how these trash coaches couldn’t put him in the right position to make plays.
No. The moral of that story would be that the trash coaches could t run a scheme behind him that could actually capitalize on the pressure he put on QBs!

• Haha
No. The moral of that story would be that the trash coaches could t run a scheme behind him that could actually capitalize on the pressure he put on QBs!
You are right. How dare the coach’s not be able to get a WR to play good CB play… if the coaches had done better, teams in the back half the year would have been held within 5 points of their ppg average, right?

Guy is a good player.

It’s just not facts
See, here is the issue, you don’t think the talent on the team was an issue at all last year. Which is laughable. The talent and depth were issues more than the coaches and schemes. Both were issues, one bigger than the other. I know you refuse to believe it, but Walter’s did adjust the scheme later in the year.

Also, did Burks show he had talent last night? Did he do something he didn’t do at Purdue because coaches didn’t take advantage of him?

See, here is the issue, you don’t think the talent on the team was an issue at all last year. Which is laughable. The talent and depth were issues more than the coaches and schemes. Both were issues, one bigger than the other. I know you refuse to believe it, but Walter’s did adjust the scheme later in the year.

Also, did Burks show he had talent last night? Did he do something he didn’t do at Purdue because coaches didn’t take advantage of him?
Yeah, they threw him the ball in the red zone.

Yeah, they threw him the ball in the red zone.
Idk how many red zone TD’s he had for Purdue last year. But it is not as simple as throw the ball to Burke in the red zone last year. But 36 receiving yards vs temple or whoever they played. Woo! He’s a good player, not a #1. Coaches used him as a #1 last year because the #1 got hurt and everyone else was meh.

There were 4 other linemen. Why run off the back of that one?
How many were any good? You get what you pay for. Purdue wasn’t paying for Corey Stewart last offseason and Walters was left with what Dale had produced. Again, you had all offseason to frantically email Bobinski “PLEASE fire this guy before he has any chance to prove himself.” Why didn’t you? If he sucks this year with many more of his own players his seat should be very hot. We will all know in about 7-8 weeks what general direction this is going

If Purdue had Oklahoma money, they probably keep Burks though, so what’s your point

How many were any good? You get what you pay for. Purdue wasn’t paying for Corey Stewart last offseason and Walters was left with what Dale had produced. Again, you had all offseason to frantically email Bobinski “PLEASE fire this guy before he has any chance to prove himself.” Why didn’t you? If he sucks this year with many more of his own players his seat should be very hot. We will all know in about 7-8 weeks what general direction this is going

If Purdue had Oklahoma money, they probably keep Burks though, so what’s your point
7-8? I think we will know in 4-5. Had Purdue kept Burks, they could have made him WR3 and he probably would have had a similar year to last year.

“Burks in the slot, great move, he’s wide open, QB throws a perfect ball, he dives to catch the ball for a 3 yard gain!” Meanwhile, I’m asking, why did he dive again?

7-8? I think we will know in 4-5. Had Purdue kept Burks, they could have made him WR3 and he probably would have had a similar year to last year.

“Burks in the slot, great move, he’s wide open, QB throws a perfect ball, he dives to catch the ball for a 3 yard gain!” Meanwhile, I’m asking, why did he dive again?
Oh I never thought he was great, but I think you’d admit that he was far far better than say tj Sheffield, no?

Yeah we may know sooner, but I think by week 7-8 this season we will have a good idea of where this is going

Oh I never thought he was great, but I think you’d admit that he was far far better than say tj Sheffield, no?

Yeah we may know sooner, but I think by week 7-8 this season we will have a good idea of where this is going
100% better than Sheffield. But again, when Sheffield is your #2 WR, you don’t have a very good WR room.

Some don’t want to admin it, but Brohm left a full rebuild. That’s why everyone has animosity towards Brohm. He came back and basically quit building the team and focused on winning his final 2 years while working behind the scenes to ensure Louisville opened up because he knew last year was going to be rough regardless.

100% better than Sheffield. But again, when Sheffield is your #2 WR, you don’t have a very good WR room.

Some don’t want to admin it, but Brohm left a full rebuild. That’s why everyone has animosity towards Brohm. He came back and basically quit building the team and focused on winning his final 2 years while working behind the scenes to ensure Louisville opened up because he knew last year was going to be rough regardless.
on a side note, another ex Purdue player LB Wahlberg got ejected in the 1st quarter of the game at Wisky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT