ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Connection

BoilerDaddy

All-American
Mar 26, 2009
I posting to express appreciation for the solid play of Purdue's two Ohio sophomore's, VE and DM, this Big Ten season and particularly down the stretch.

I love Vince's game. He's easily the most complete player on Purdue's roster, IMO, but what I like most about him is his decision making. He's unselfish to a fault, but recently he has been stepping up and taking more shots. I think that the move to the three was a tougher transition than Vince would ever publicly acknowledge, but I definitely think that he has adjusted and is doing a great job.

Dakota has really stepped up his game. He's the kind of player that has to annoy the competition, because he doesn't wow you with his talent, but he does all the little things to win. Like Vince, he's one of the smartest basketball players that I've seen at Purdue and recently he has really been stepping up as a leader. If Purdue needs a big shot, there is nobody on the team that I am more confident in than Dakota.

I would say Dakota doesn't wow you with his athleticism, he he does wow you with his talents: court vision, passing, shooting (especially lately), & general BBIQ

Otherwise agree with OP. So thankful these guys chose Purdue.

I would say Dakota doesn't wow you with his athleticism, he he does wow you with his talents: court vision, passing, shooting (especially lately), & general BBIQ

....and he's been making plays off-the-bounce while attacking the basket the last couple of games. He, Vince, Ray, Johnny, P.J., Ryan (occasionally), and Kendall (if he ever gets in a game) need to keep that aggressiveness up when they have driving lanes.

Athleticism might have been a better word, but I think that if there were 100 kids with Dakota's physical talent, less than a handful would have the work ethic and basketball IQ to play in a power conference. (The same could be said for PJ and Cline, btw.)

Reactions: nagemj02
I posting to express appreciation for the solid play of Purdue's two Ohio sophomore's, VE and DM, this Big Ten season and particularly down the stretch.

I love Vince's game. He's easily the most complete player on Purdue's roster, IMO, but what I like most about him is his decision making. He's unselfish to a fault, but recently he has been stepping up and taking more shots. I think that the move to the three was a tougher transition than Vince would ever publicly acknowledge, but I definitely think that he has adjusted and is doing a great job.

Dakota has really stepped up his game. He's the kind of player that has to annoy the competition, because he doesn't wow you with his talent, but he does all the little things to win. Like Vince, he's one of the smartest basketball players that I've seen at Purdue and recently he has really been stepping up as a leader. If Purdue needs a big shot, there is nobody on the team that I am more confident in than Dakota.
Both DM and VE are probably the most complete and versatile players on the team. I love the ceiling of both and can't wait to see how their game develops over the next 2 years.

Great minds think alike. I was just musing about the Ohio connection earlier this week. Hammons will probably determine how far we go in the tourney but I think that if Mathias and Edwards show up like they have been these last two games, things will get pretty special in late March/early April.

I thought we were going to have a fall off next season while adjusting without AJ but dang, if the Ohio Connection builds on what they are doing right now, the next season and the season after are going to be loads of fun!

His athleticism is what makes him exciting. Don't know why you would say that.

Both Vince and Dakota have a high basketball IQ. I like their games...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT