ADVERTISEMENT

Oh my!

Dec 16, 2012
Just for kicks, I peeked at Lunardi's bracket. We are a 5 and would have to beat in succession Temple, Kentucky, Oklahoma and Maryland to reach the final four. Yikes! Thank god he doesn't have the final say and the season is not over. I'm still thinking we could get a 3 seed.

Lunardi is accurate when it comes to who gets in the tourney, but he's equally awful at predicting seeds. He dropped Purdue after the single loss at Maryland and now flat after the quality win against MSU. Regardless, its 3 seed or bust and it is hard to argue we are better than a 4 right now.

Lunardi is accurate when it comes to who gets in the tourney, but he's equally awful at predicting seeds. He dropped Purdue after the single loss at Maryland and now flat after the quality win against MSU. Regardless, its 3 seed or bust and it is hard to argue we are better than a 4 right now.

This, anything 4 or worse is going to make it VERY difficult to get past the sweet 16. We need at least a 3 and have more work to get there.

This, anything 4 or worse is going to make it VERY difficult to get past the sweet 16. We need at least a 3 and have more work to get there.
I do like that he moved us to the South region. That 1-5 game against OU would be close to home in Louisville. ps- Can you imagine how pissed OU fans would be if they were hosting a 1 vs. 4 game against UK in Louisville???
Just goes to show I don't think Lunardi necessarily thinks through all the nuances like the committee does, particularly this early on.

Doesn't he have 3 BIG teams in our region and only 1 in each of the others? That doesn't seem right. I don't like that bracket at all, but it probably won't happen.

This is correct. He predicts who is in the field pretty well but his brackets and seedlings beyond the two line are a joke.

I really don't think it's hard to argue we're better than some of the 4's or even 3's (considering we beat one the last time we played). If we can knock off Maryland in Mackey and win at either Michigan or Indiana that will help our case.

I don't think there is that much a difference between 1 and 2 seeds this year. I wouldn't feel much worse about our chances against Oklahoma or Villanova than Oregon or Virginia.

On a neutral site I don't see a whole lot of dominant teams.

Agreed. The only thing I can see is that Buddy Heild goes absolutely nuclear in the tourney and Oklahoma has enough pieces around him to really be scary.

That being said, and as I think Mike Turico stated, Purdue's size is going to really be a huge difference once the tourney starts. If Purdue can get past the round of 64, a team having to bang and bump against Purdue after only 1 day of rest is a tall order (no pun intended).

Reactions: WarBoiler44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT