ADVERTISEMENT

Official prediction thread

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Big game tomorrow night. It’s only a must win in terms of getting to 6, if you believe at all in that sort of potential outcome for the season. But they can’t go out there and get beaten easily.

OSU obviously wants to run the ball all night, I’m sure they think they can, and I’m sure they will have some success at it. But this won’t be ND running on us, and their QB doesn’t seem like a major threat like we’ve seen with ND, Syracuse, and even the damn Wisconsin QB last year. I think we can slow down the run enough in this game to win.

it’s going to come down to the offense, though. I think Harrell will get Mockobee and Love going in the run game, and things will open up. The front will not be overwhelmed. Edrine and Klare will make plays. If nothing else, we have the better QB, and it will show.

31-20 Boilers, same score as last time vs the beavs, and a nice bound back win on the road.

BTFU

After last game I am afraid to predict, gotta see how they do this Saturday, before I can try to predict for future games
You either think we are the worst team in P5 or that we might get 4 or 5 wins. Maybe 6 if you’re really optimistic. But there is no I’m afraid. That is not allowed. Make a prediction or delete this post 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Big game tomorrow night. It’s only a must win in terms of getting to 6, if you believe at all in that sort of potential outcome for the season. But they can’t go out there and get beaten easily.

OSU obviously wants to run the ball all night, I’m sure they think they can, and I’m sure they will have some success at it. But this won’t be ND running on us, and their QB doesn’t seem like a major threat like we’ve seen with ND, Syracuse, and even the damn Wisconsin QB last year. I think we can slow down the run enough in this game to win.

it’s going to come down to the offense, though. I think Harrell will get Mockobee and Love going in the run game, and things will open up. The front will not be overwhelmed. Edrine and Klare will make plays. If nothing else, we have the better QB, and it will show.

31-20 Boilers, same score as last time vs the beavs, and a nice bound back win on the road.

BTFU
27-24 Boilers

• Wow
Reactions: pboiler18
Boilers need this one. Purdue wins in a tight game. Card shows game winning leadership. Thieneman plays like a pissed off boiler.

I predict Illinois will find some offense now that Walters has left and will score 30+ and beat Nebraska.

Illinois is now 4-0 and ranked in the top 25. If you schedule cream puffs and win, you get ranked. If you schedule tough teams and lose, you don’t. Illinois is almost qualified to go to a bowl game. Let that set in.

I predict Illinois will find some offense now that Walters has left and will score 30+ and beat Nebraska.

Illinois is now 4-0 and ranked in the top 25. If you schedule cream puffs and win, you get ranked. If you schedule tough teams and lose, you don’t. Illinois is almost qualified to go to a bowl game. Let that set in.
will beat Neb? they won last night and creampuffs? 2 of their 4 wins were against ranked opponents

Reactions: pboiler18

To clarify for you, Walters was the DC, responsible for keeping the opponent from scoring. The OC is the coach responsible for scoring points.

To help you remember this complexity, the D in DC is for defensive, the O in OC is for offensive.

• Haha
Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Watching Marshall / Ohio St, don’t understand how teams like Marshall are doing well, not getting pushed around up front, and supposedly in lesser conference .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT