ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Official Game Day Thread: Purdue at Wisconsin (link)

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
MADISON, Wis. — I like to use the phrase "house money" — it's become something of a joke these days — but today against Wisconsin it certainly applies.

Purdue doesn't need to win today, not if considering where it has been and what it hopes to accomplish this season. It wants to get to six wins (at least) and doesn't have to have a W this afternoon against the seven-ranked Badgers to get there. Doesn't mean the Boilermakers won't try, can't imagine a scenario in which Jeff Brohm and Co., just shut down, (a la John Shoop and whatever that ridiculous game plan was two years ago).

But it means a couple things: Will we see T.J. McCollum? The senior linebacker is nursing an injured ankle and knee, suffered against Minnesota last week — on the very last play — and not practicing this week. Rutgers next week, and Nebraska in another, mean more to the Boilermakers. Hard to argue against. My guess is he won't go, but thought the same vs. Michigan (hamstring) and he did, so we'll see. If not, it's probably Derrick Barnes, the freshman.

Also of injury intrigue, WR Terry Wright and RB Tario Fuller are not on the travel roster. Hurts to not have Wright, because he's one of the only, maybe the only, player on the offense who could scare a defense with his speed. Purdue needs him; it also need him not to fumble, but that's for another day now, apparently.

It's been raining here for a couple hours, sometimes fairly strong. We think there's a chance of stronger rain/storms a little later. Hopefully we won't have another delay. Can't help but feel the weather gives Wisconsin a significant advantage today, being that the Badgers are the better running team, by far. Teams can throw in the rain, but it does open up a great possibility of turnover — no idea if there's actual data to support, but I'll go with it — and I hate the matchup today between Purdue's passing game and the Wisconsin defense. The Badgers, if they slow Purdue on first and second down, will be able to tee off on third. Could be a scary game for the offensive line.

Purdue in gold white good today.

Elijah Sindelar will start, I think. We'll find out in a few minutes. But I'd be shocked if we don't see both.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News