ADVERTISEMENT

Nyland Green

Just me thinking out loud, but some of these kids may be waking up to the fact that the system you play in (that best compliments your abilities) may be more important than the marquee name you play for. The added consideration would be the showcase of who you play against, both in terms of profile and style of play.

He’s a great athlete but needs a LOt of coaching at the position. The other kid we got from UGA though…absolute stud. Will do well for Purdue.

• Love
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
You think the other GA recruit would help sell the program.

I’m sure he got a 40 last year and is unsuitable for football according to them
fetchimage

Reactions: pboiler18
curious, what do you 2 guys think of coaches using analytics on making decisions like at what time do you go for 2 etc. ?
Generally it’s a good thing, when context is taken into account.

You hear “analytics says you go for it here” but does analytics say that you should run it up the middle on fourth and one when you haven’t gotten a push with your interior offensive line all game?

Coach Walters addresses that once on his show. He used analytics at first being a new head coach, but realized that wasn't always working and then called plays more based on his actual experience with the team. After all, every team has different weaknesses and strengths.

Reactions: z_one
Coach Walters addresses that once on his show. He used analytics at first being a new head coach, but realized that wasn't always working and then called plays more based on his actual experience with the team. After all, every team has different weaknesses and strengths.

So you're saying he adjusted? No way, he is a terrible coach according to the experts here.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and Tommaker
Generally it’s a good thing, when context is taken into account.

You hear “analytics says you go for it here” but does analytics say that you should run it up the middle on fourth and one when you haven’t gotten a push with your interior offensive line all game?
I am in a similar boat. Analytics is fine if done in conjunction with what you do as a team. Analytics will tell you that you go for it on 4th and 2 from the 29. But if you are Purdue who is 2 for 16 on 3rd or 4th and short on the year, maybe you don’t go with analytics.

But what do the PFF nerds think of him????
His pff was good. All of the incoming transfers have been. Because Walters had CASH and not his nice personality selling against other schools cash like last year.

Whose pffs weren’t good? A lot of returning 2022 players who were saved by Aidan Oconnell that year.

I am in a similar boat. Analytics is fine if done in conjunction with what you do as a team. Analytics will tell you that you go for it on 4th and 2 from the 29. But if you are Purdue who is 2 for 16 on 3rd or 4th and short on the year, maybe you don’t go with analytics.
You’re about to see how much that isn’t a problem next year when Purdue has an offensive line of grown men Hoosier boy

Reactions: z_one and ChuckJr
Talking lots of trash even though we may still suck…
I think the team can put themselves in a position to go 5-7 if they do everything in the off-season as well as they have so far.

But you can’t deny how small and lacking of talent the OL was this past year? Now, since we don’t have any OL nfl gurus on here I will cite pff. Pff grades Corey Stewart for example as having played very well in games against Georgia and Kentucky. And the OL acquisitions look as though they’ll allow Mbow to move back inside.

That’s a lot different than Farrell, a. Johnson, Nichols and d. Johnson surrounding Hartwig in short yardage. Purdue got some guys you pay for. They should be able to convert a 4th and 1.

Does it mean they’ll win 8 games. No way. A LOT of other stuff would have to go right for that to happen

Hoosiers know nothing about football. Hoosiers don't do analytics they do LEO, LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT