ADVERTISEMENT

Now that's more like it.................

Good win tonight. This team is struggling, and taking away one of their best players (at least SHOULD be best players) against a PSU team that came in pretty hot is solid. Even if VE has to miss another game or 2, I'm glad we don't have anyone very tough left.

I'm actually glad we have a lot of time between the B1G tourney and the NCAA tourney. This team needs the break after the world games, non-conference and B1G season. Hopefully this is a step in getting things back on track.

Good win tonight. This team is struggling, and taking away one of their best players (at least SHOULD be best players) against a PSU team that came in pretty hot is solid. Even if VE has to miss another game or 2, I'm glad we don't have anyone very tough left.

I'm actually glad we have a lot of time between the B1G tourney and the NCAA tourney. This team needs the break after the world games, non-conference and B1G season. Hopefully this is a step in getting things back on track.
I also think we may be experiencing the WUG wall. That’s a lot of games and practices that they have never experienced in one season before.
It feels like physical fatigue for some and mental fatigue for many if not all.
I don’t think they suddenly became selfish players hunting shots early in possessions and throwing careless passes.
It takes tremendous focus and discipline to play the game as fantastically as they have most of this season and it should not be a shock that they stumbled a bit. Just look around the top 25 every week.
Let’s hope the slide is over and they get that supreme level back by tourney time.

Real fans are not color blind though. When there are problems, you admit them.
The issue many times is that fans are not realistic in what is happening...what they "think" they see, what they don't see...what they think would absolutely be better and what they ignore in moving that direction. Rarely does a coach out coach another during the actual game in spite of what the talking heads and their hype try to tell you. A coach takes a calculated best guess on knowing his team and how they compare to what he thinks he knows on the other team. That said there are coaches that are "generally" strong in certain things and "weak" in other things.

Purdue circled the wagons and played harder last night than against OSU and the Badgers...but they need to retain that against the ILL as it is easy to lose that edge over time...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT