ADVERTISEMENT

No-NIL for Zach Edey While Playing in US?

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
According this this USA Today's article, Zach can only have NIL deal in this own country/Canada due to an outdated immigration law. If that's true then he isn't make the coin that we like to think he is...So sad for such great ambassador of Purdue basketball.

According this this USA Today's article, Zach can only have NIL deal in this own country/Canada due to an outdated immigration law. If that's true then he isn't make the coin that we like to think he is...So sad for such great ambassador of Purdue basketball.

He’s making a lot of coin. There are easy workarounds.

Made $500k this past Saturday. So add that to whatever else and I think he’s doing alright.

Reactions: oldboiler52
I believe the USA reporter was mistaken. There was a bunch of discussion on this subject during the summer where Edey could change his Visa from student status to worker to take advantage of receiving NIL money.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Are you just spit balling or did you actually hear that figure?
Can’t confirm 100% but read elsewhere that someone spoke to a donor and that was what was said he made….he was NPOTY and could be again so I wouldn’t be surprised.

They had set up something in Canada previously and had been working on changing visa status. Not sure what path he ended up with this year but he’s definitely making NIL money

No NIL for you......

giphy.gif

They had set up something in Canada previously and had been working on changing visa status. Not sure what path he ended up with this year but he’s definitely making NIL money
The Alabama game was most likely set up purely for Edey. As others have noted he cant technically work in the us on a student visa. He however can earn in Canada…Kudo to Purdue to this scheduling genius imo.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
The Alabama game was most likely set up purely for Edey. As others have noted he cant technically work in the us on a student visa. He however can earn in Canada…Kudo to Purdue to this scheduling genius imo.
It was also for bama’s center who was from Canada too…but he opted to leave school after last year (went I drafted and now on a 2 way contract with the spurs)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT