ADVERTISEMENT

New walk-on!!! William Chapman OLB Cathedral

Good for him and us. You never know who will make an impact as a walk on, and I always like when they do. Hopefully he is one that does.

Reactions: randyr61
I don't know anything about him. He's instate. Tuition costs for Purdue are low, and he could qualify for an academic or financial aid scholarship. In time, he could make an impact.

I am reminded of that QB from Jeffersonville (?) who Brohm made a walk-on. Many people said he had talent. So my thought is Brohm doesn't grant walk-on status to just anybody. he must have some talent to be granted walk on status.

I'm also reminded of the quality players who have walked on to our basketball team. Many of them could have earned a scholarship elsewhere.

I wish him well.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Walk-on Alfred Armour had an awesome video of him squatting 600 lbs on the Purdue Football twitter. Seems to be a lot of ability in the walk-ons as of late.

I know they weren't Brohm 'guys', but we had two former walk-ons starting in the secondary last year. The walk on groups play a very important role on a good team!

In some instances, a college coach or recruiter may designate an athlete as a "preferred walk-on" during the scouting process. In this situation, the athlete is assured a spot on the team, but the coach is unable or unwilling to offer a scholarship.

Thank you google.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT