ADVERTISEMENT

New Throwback Uniforms

Nike has been generally terrible for us in uniform design, though somewhat mitigated things with last season's basketball uniform and throwback (however, the numbers on the throwback are too small).

Now that the B1G is intending to become a super conference, it's time for a classic football uniform with old gold helmet, trim, and pants that is readily-identifiable as Purdue, so as not to be confused with Vandy or Wake.

No problem with black helmets as part of an alternate uniform, but they should be the Hank Stram era lids with old gold stripes.

It is inconceivable to me that Nike could not produce a great set, unless they assigned some kid with a set of markers and comic books to design it.

I get that Purdue is wearing the best uniforms of the Tiller Era due to the renovations to Ross-Ade and the new Tiller Tunnel but I sincerely hope that in the future Purdue strongly considers going back to Old Gold if that is still our official color! Your thoughts!
old gold for me too, I also like the chevrons like Ole Miss, LSU etc.

If my memory serves me correctly, we only had the chevrons on our whites and had a variety of different black jerseys with different stripes over the years and sometimes just plain solid black.

Man. Y’all show your age in this thread.

Old gold isn’t coming back anytime soon.

Nike isn’t going away as our uniform provider anytime soon.

Nike is the uniform provider for the U.S. Military Academy and have designed and made Old Gold uniforms along with many unique ones throughout the years, so it can be done. My question remains, is the Old Gold color our official color!

I'd take either of these color schemes any time.......with or without chevrons.

10389189.jpg

69940ed0-878a-46cc-9f54-5bc25ce0e63a-catavalos.jpg

and yes, I'm considered "old"....................

dana-carvey-grumpy-old-man.gif

The gray uniforms need to be thrown into the Wabash River.

The gold "P" on the black helmets look chinsy.

I get that Purdue is wearing the best uniforms of the Tiller Era due to the renovations to Ross-Ade and the new Tiller Tunnel but I sincerely hope that in the future Purdue strongly considers going back to Old Gold if that is still our official color! Your thoughts!
Looks like Vandy got old gold from Nike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT