ADVERTISEMENT

New offer to RB from Orange Park

I've noticed brohm is recruiting a bunch. but each player I see offered is 2019. I keep looking to see if the player is a late commitment, but no. that tells me his 2018 class is done except for adding a couple of transfers.

I've noticed brohm is recruiting a bunch. but each player I see offered is 2019. I keep looking to see if the player is a late commitment, but no. that tells me his 2018 class is done except for adding a couple of transfers.
There are always quite of few players who need to finish off this semester to get there degree before transferring, but just haven't announced they are leaving yet. Still see 4-5 coming in.

I think we take a many as 3 rbs. Brohm appears to load up a positions that are thin, then be more selective in years after he has done that. RB would quality the most for next year. I am a bit concerned about the rb depth for next season. We have 4 fairly experienced guys which makes a difference, but we saw this year how quickly they can drop from injuries.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I think we take a many as 3 rbs. Brohm appears to load up a positions that are thin, then be more selective in years after he has done that. RB would quality the most for next year. I am a bit concerned about the rb depth for next season. We have 4 fairly experienced guys which makes a difference, but we saw this year how quickly they can drop from injuries.

The injury history of all 4 RBs who saw significant time this year is concerning for next year. Not sure who we have on the depth chart but at least RB is one of the easiest position to transition to from one level to the next.

Maybe Sparks can play there too? :-D

Here's an interesting thought. Talent of course is a huge deal. But coaches, like Brohm that can scheme for success, do make a huge difference, I think. A rb that maybe does not have as much talent can do really well when the offense makes it easier to perform. There are hundreds of players, OC's and coaches out there and some are more successful than others and I think that is a big factor. That is why I think this year's team did so much better than expected because they were put in the right positions, etc. That is how I feel about this whole team and am not worried that a drop off at a position is fatal. Anyway, just musing...

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Going to need at least two backs in 2019....either that or Anderson will be a bell cow :)

Yes, we need more cow bell!
will-ferrell-cowbell.jpg

Keshawn picks up a new offer from Nebraska today.

Purdue is being considered at this time, but the kids recruitment is blowing up now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT