ADVERTISEMENT

New Offense?

Thordog

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
I'm going off Gus Hartwig's comment that this is the best line he's been around since he's been at Purdue .

So I don't think we'll see a new offense,but I think we'll see - "freedom" - I wonder if the previous OC kept the QB limited to to limit mistakes - I don't know, but Card seemed very conservative. It's a nothing to lose situation now - on offense and defense.

What do you expect?

I'm going off Gus Hartwig's comment that this is the best line he's been around since he's been at Purdue .

So I don't think we'll see a new offense,but I think we'll see - "freedom" - I wonder if the previous OC kept the QB limited to to limit mistakes - I don't know, but Card seemed very conservative. It's a nothing to lose situation now - on offense and defense.

What do you expect?
I expect the offense to continue to dump. Zero passing game will allow opponents to load up and stuff the run. I do think the pick 6 streak ends.

I believe what Hartwig was really saying is stop blaming the offensive line. It’s not our fault. He’s also saying it ain’t going to get any better than it already is.

What do you expect?
When I heard more about Harrell on on3 that’s what made me not care if Walters is fired.

Allegedly he showed up with a playbook that was like a 3 page coaching for dummies. I don’t care if you’re not an offensive coach. There is no excuse to be taken in by Harrell’s routine. I’m convinced opposing defenses had our offense read as though Harrell was on their staff.

The WVU offense ran for a lot of yards, but they had a big athletic OL and athletes that could really run the football…

When I heard more about Harrell on on3 that’s what made me not care if Walters is fired.

Allegedly he showed up with a playbook that was like a 3 page coaching for dummies. I don’t care if you’re not an offensive coach. There is no excuse to be taken in by Harrell’s routine. I’m convinced opposing defenses had our offense read as though Harrell was on their staff.

The WVU offense ran for a lot of yards, but they had a big athletic OL and athletes that could really run the football…
So you are saying the playbook did not match the type of players who were recruited to play at Purdue?

I have read there are two types of offensive linemen. You have run blockers and you have pass blockers. Typically an offensive lineman excels at one of these schemes but not both.

So basically our offense is running the wrong type of schemes for the players we have? And we recruited the wrong type of linemen to fit into our schemes? Asnd as coaches we are terrible at developing our players to be able to run the schemes in the playbook?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT