ADVERTISEMENT

New guys arrived on campus

Purdue football posted a video on twitter of the new guys moving in. I... am.... jacked!!! Can’t wait to see this ‘19 class get to work!
I had the impression that most of them were coming next Sunday, 6/9. But do you know how many came in today. Just curious, because I'm excited, as well.

I think those are The Hi Vine Apts -brand new development of furnished apts on Vine St across the street from the fire station near the village. Weida family are the property managers. I'm guessing its just summer accomodations and then freshman will relocate to dorms once school starts.

Thought it would still be a few weeks? When does summer practice begin?

Yeah that looked super nice for freshman. Thought most lived in quarry or they did 8 years ago.
I believe they move into Cary suites or maybe a newer apartment building for the summer/camp then will go their separate ways for the school year to houses/apartments/dorms/etc. Most leases don't start until August 1 for next school year.

The players that moved in earlier this week were all freshman. In past few years they were housed in Union Club Hotel until end of camp. Union Club is currently closed for remodling and wont re-open until 2020. Unless things have changed since I lived there, Cary Quad still lacks AC. Pampered (tic) athletes now-adays require AC in modern accomodations during June, July, Aug….
Every freshman last year checked into Cary June 10th and lived there all summer, and all year. Not allowed to live off campus until freshman year over

Last edited:
I think those are The Hi Vine Apts -brand new development of furnished apts on Vine St across the street from the fire station near the village. Weida family are the property managers. I'm guessing its just summer accomodations and then freshman will relocate to dorms once school starts.
Nope! Year round living for the freshman football class. No moving needed!

Reactions: Bayou Boiler
I think Caleb Swanigan was the only basketball frosh to be given permission to live off campus. I know he had a sweet apt at Fuse accross from Mackey for 2 yrs. Times are a changing....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT