ADVERTISEMENT

New B1G scheduling model and Purdue home/away opponents in 2024-2025

The new Big Ten scheduling model has been unveiled, and Purdue knows its opponents for 2024 and 2025. Which games stand out?

Copied from inside your article.. again, what stands out is that you list 3 2023 big ten road opponents ..

Purdue Football 2025 Opponents
OpponentHome/AwayDateTime
Ball StateHomeTBDTBD
UConnHomeTBDTBD
Notre DameAwayTBDTBD
IllinoisHomeTBDTBD
IndianaHomeTBDTBD
IowaHomeTBDTBD
MinnesotaHomeTBDTBD
Ohio StateHomeTBDTBD
MichiganAwayTBDTBD
NorthwesternAwayTBDTBD
UCLAAwayTBDTBD

Copied from inside your article.. again, what stands out is that you list 3 2023 big ten road opponents ..

Purdue Football 2025 Opponents
OpponentHome/AwayDateTime
Ball StateHomeTBDTBD
UConnHomeTBDTBD
Notre DameAwayTBDTBD
IllinoisHomeTBDTBD
IndianaHomeTBDTBD
IowaHomeTBDTBD
MinnesotaHomeTBDTBD
Ohio StateHomeTBDTBD
MichiganAwayTBDTBD
NorthwesternAwayTBDTBD
UCLAAwayTBDTBD
It is fixed now, sorry for the confusion. I thought you meant when I listed them in the article, not the table.

• Love
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Quite the home slate in 2024! Is that 4 teams in the top 10 all-time in wins? Maybe 15?

Any conference scheduling system that the B1G and the SEC adopted to potentially have the same two teams, example Michigan and Ohio State and/or Alabama and LSU play THREE times at the end of the season considering the new and expanded Football Playoffs is fundamentally flawed.

I guess the brightest minds in both conferences have forgotten the historically low TV ratings and low nationwide interest when Bama played LSU only twice in recent years. Also the SEC still only requires 8 conference games to 9 the B1G and others have to keep a cupcake on their record versus a guaranteed conference loss for one! That conference and teams ALWAYS seem to take advantage over others to gain an advantage!

Last edited:
Any conference scheduling system that the B1G and the SEC adopted to potentially have the same two teams, example Michigan and Ohio State and/or Alabama and LSU play THREE times at the end of the season considering the new and expanded Football Playoffs is fundamentally flawed.
The flaw in that line of reasoning is the fact that OSU and Michigan both have top 10 alumni bases, by size, and both states are top 10 by population (Louisiana and Alabama are 24th and 25th respectively) so they are going to draw more eyeballs, and that's what broadcasters want. That is the strength of the BT overall; yeah, we're getting pummeled in Football and BB championships, but the viewership is crushing all comers....that's what leads to TV contracts approaching $100 mil per school (well, depending on how badly bungled the past commish left it, of course). And I suspect that there are a portion of folks that tune in to see Michigan and OSU LOSE...that may be true for Bama on the national stage, I wouldn't think so much for LSU.

The flaw in that line of reasoning is the fact that OSU and Michigan both have top 10 alumni bases, by size, and both states are top 10 by population (Louisiana and Alabama are 24th and 25th respectively) so they are going to draw more eyeballs, and that's what broadcasters want. That is the strength of the BT overall; yeah, we're getting pummeled in Football and BB championships, but the viewership is crushing all comers....that's what leads to TV contracts approaching $100 mil per school (well, depending on how badly bungled the past commish left it, of course). And I suspect that there are a portion of folks that tune in to see Michigan and OSU LOSE...that may be true for Bama on the national stage, I wouldn't think so much for LSU.
Addendum: the OSU Michigan was the most watched regular season game of 2022 with 17 mil. If they got HALF of that for a rematch, it would beat the pants off anything regular broadcast or cable had to offer.

The flaw in your reasoning is that the four most populous states which drives ratings would have little to NO interest in a third game between OSU/Michigan or Alabama/LSU!

Effing notre dame…

How many consecutive road games is it now for Purdue in the series??

I realize that for many here, playing those effete douches is something to be pursued, but I don’t miss the domaz and their deluded fanbase at all.

Reactions: Gemini95
The flaw in your reasoning is that the four most populous states which drives ratings would have little to NO interest in a third game between OSU/Michigan or Alabama/LSU!
Ah, I missed the three times. But where would you get that third matchup? The National Championship?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT