ADVERTISEMENT

New 247 player ranking come out today For Real

Boilermaker24

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2016

I don’t know if this link works, but what is all of y’alls predictions for where Ethan Morton and Jaden Ivey land in the rankings(come out at 3pm ET)— do we think Jaden will move up to the #1 player in Indiana (Anthony Leal -#90- rn)

Will Morton stay pat, move down to “unexciting” EYBL performances, or move up since he wasn’t expected to play his best in those events and he’s one of 4 players repping the US in the 3 on 3 worlds.

Will be intrigued to see where they have these two, but regardless like what Coach Paint has done so far with this class... BOILER UP!!

I don’t know if this link works, but what is all of y’alls predictions for where Ethan Morton and Jaden Ivey land in the rankings(come out at 3pm ET)— do we think Jaden will move up to the #1 player in Indiana (Anthony Leal -#90- rn)

Will Morton stay pat, move down to “unexciting” EYBL performances, or move up since he wasn’t expected to play his best in those events and he’s one of 4 players repping the US in the 3 on 3 worlds.

Will be intrigued to see where they have these two, but regardless like what Coach Paint has done so far with this class... BOILER UP!!
I predict Ivey will be around 80ish and I do think he will be the #1 player in Indiana.

I believe Morton will fall to the mid to high 90s.

I'm not sure "unexciting" is the issue, if he does drop it will be b/c I think he's shooting 2/23 from 3pt range (9%) and 21% overall which has nothing to do with exciting. At the end of the day these things don't matter but characterizing it as some stylistic issue is a bit unfair or "AAu iS BaD" lazy take. If he shot 30%+from 3 and above 40% overall I don't think there would be any noise about him potentially dropping. We will see. Very excited by this back court combo moving forward.

I predict Ivey will be around 80ish and I do think he will be the #1 player in Indiana.

I believe Morton will fall to the mid to high 90s.

Morton fell to 61 composite, outside of the top 100 (122) for 247. They haven’t adjusted Ivey yet.

Edit: Ivey actually dropped in his composite ranking (lol). But he did move up to 124.

Morton dropped because he didn’t shoot/score well over the AAU games. Not sure what else Ivey could have done to move into the top 100. He has all of the measurable and he was an incredibly efficient scorer.

I am not concerned about their ratings to be honest. They both have incredible skill and will be perfect fits for Painter.

Last edited:
Morton fell to 61 composite, outside of the top 100 (122) for 247. They haven’t adjusted Ivey yet.

Edit: Ivey actually dropped in his composite ranking (lol). But he did move up to 124.

Morton dropped because he didn’t shoot/score well over the AAU games. Not sure what else Ivey could have done to move into the top 100. He has all of the measurable and he was an incredibly efficient scorer.

I am not concerned about their ratings to be honest. They both have incredible skill and will be perfect fits for Painter.
I'm not shocked by the Morton ranking, but I am by the Ivey ranking.

I guess this why CMP is an excellent program recruiter. He seems to see the talent for the usage in his system and not a number. You obviously can see the human eye varies from month to month and person to person.

I'm not shocked by the Morton ranking, but I am by the Ivey ranking.
im shocked by both

Ivey - displayed good PG skills at his height, tons of athleticism, and shot wel over 40% from deep. That's not a player in the 120s

Morton - shot poorly in AAU but every analysis of him mentions his shooting as a plus. Other than that he's a 6'5 guard who rebounds well and is one of the best passers in the class. Dropping him that low is actually laughable

im shocked by both

Ivey - displayed good PG skills at his height, tons of athleticism, and shot wel over 40% from deep. That's not a player in the 120s

Morton - shot poorly in AAU but every analysis of him mentions his shooting as a plus. Other than that he's a 6'5 guard who rebounds well and is one of the best passers in the class. Dropping him that low is actually laughable
Everything I saw on him prior to the spring was that his shooting was average. I'm not shocked by the ranking, because it isn't like he had an off game or an off weekend. There were 3 tournaments in a row where he struggled to score. I still think he will be a very good player for us down the road, but the drop in ranking seems fair given his recent play.

Now Ivey on the other hand played very well. I thought he should easily be top 100. I think his ranking will continue to increase over time.

There's always a slump as well. CE was in a slump early in the year and got out of it. Morton was a top 75 for a while now and It seems the recruiting ranking always fluctuates throughout the recruiting process. I'm not comparing the 2 just stating even studs have a slump.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Everything I saw on him prior to the spring was that his shooting was average. I'm not shocked by the ranking, because it isn't like he had an off game or an off weekend. There were 3 tournaments in a row where he struggled to score. I still think he will be a very good player for us down the road, but the drop in ranking seems fair given his recent play.

Now Ivey on the other hand played very well. I thought he should easily be top 100. I think his ranking will continue to increase over time.
This site stated that he shot 57% overall last year in high school with much of it coming from long 2s and 3s. Idk if it's premium so I won't link it.

247 is the only place that lists it as a weakness but even they state that it's something he's improving. Where else are you seeing he needs to work on it or is it just people saying that since this last stretch of AAU games?

Reactions: Boilermaker24
This site stated that he shot 57% overall last year in high school with much of it coming from long 2s and 3s. Idk if it's premium so I won't link it.

247 is the only place that lists it as a weakness but even they state that it's something he's improving. Where else are you seeing he needs to work on it or is it just people saying that since this last stretch of AAU games?
I'm sure he did shoot 57% from the field last year in high school.

The multiple analysts on 247 is where I'm seeing shooting is an area needing improvement. Based on his spring, they were not far off.

Again, I think he will be a very solid player for us, and I'm sure his shooting will improve.

I havent seen a ton of Morton or I eye but from what I have seen I think Morton may need more time to adjust to the college game. The kid has a lot of tools but I do think the leap to college may take him some time to adjust. This isnt a bad thing but I am not expecting him to come in and start his first game. Just look at the growth of Nojel. He started his freshman year and imo struggled to adjust to a new role/system/college. Last year he turned the corner and I cant wait to see this year. It happens to most freshmen. Everyone needs to remember this next uear if our freshmen arent playing at an all big ten team level.
As far as recruiting rankings, I COULD CARE LESS what they are ranked. While there is a lot to be said for the 5 star type players and the impacts they can have. I want coach painter to target substance over flash. Keep building the monster with the right pieces. Who cares if 24/7 or an IU fan thinks about said recruits ranking. We know how well their constant higher rated recruits seem to pan out 120-89.

I didn't mean he started as a starter. I meant he struggled to adjust to the college game. Poor wording on my part.
I am ready to see what a junior and hopefully senior version of Nojel looks like for us. Can't be mad at the kid if he blows up this year and decides his college career is done though

Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) Tweeted:
7ft Evan Mobley had no problem finishing at the rim during @USABasketball Mini Camp! https://t.co/zYwbJvVtmW

Look who is racking up all of the assists in this other guys highlights.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT