ADVERTISEMENT

ND comes to town this Saturday, what do you think...

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I feel optimistic about the game this week and am looking forward to seeing the Boilers take the field against a worthy opponent and see how our horses match up.

A set of questions to get us focused on the game that lies ahead. ND comes to town on Saturday, what do you think...
  1. Who wins the opening coin toss (P or ND)?
  2. What will be Purdue's first offensive play (run or pass)?
  3. Final score of the game?

Here are my answers and why.
  1. Purdue - we leverage our engineering / mathematics department to will the coin our way. Purdue chooses "heads", wins the toss, elects to take the ball, and uses the Offense to set the tone for the game.
  2. Purdue will screen pass and pick up 7.5 yards. Will use the quick passes to open the running lanes (Mock or Bush to get over 100 yards).
  3. Purdue 28 ND 17 Purdue's passing will be more accurate than what ND has seen to date, wears out their D.
What do you think?

I feel optimistic about the game this week and am looking forward to seeing the Boilers take the field against a worthy opponent and see how our horses match up.

A set of questions to get us focused on the game that lies ahead. ND comes to town on Saturday, what do you think...

1. Purdue - we leverage our engineering / mathematics department to will the coin our way. Purdue chooses "heads", wins the toss, elects to take the ball, and uses the Offense to set the tone for the game.
  2. Purdue will screen pass and pick up 7.5 yards. Will use the quick passes to open the running lanes (Mock or Bush to get over 100 yards).
  3. Purdue 28 ND 17 Purdue's passing will be more accurate than what ND has seen to date, wears out their D.
What do you think?
I like the optimism. I will go with your predictions. Why not?

There must be plenty of people that don't believe that Purdue is #18 in the Big10.

As to scenario #2 in the original post, I favor a first play that sores a 70+ yard TD by Purdue.
Leonard has so so 1st half, 2nd string guy leads them to victory, I'll say 24- 13, 24 -14. 1st play will be a quick out pass to Edrine

Reactions: pboiler18
We'll probably knock that 2nd string guy out of the game. The 3rd string will come in and it will be the start of a HoF career for him.
I was at that game. Dave Casper I think caught 3 tds after Joe came in.
Dan Devine what at pud, future hof qb is your 3rd string qb. Rusty Lisch 2nd string qb, can't remember starter.

Last edited:

What do you think?
We have Reggie Bush?

I was at that game. Dave Casper I think caught 3 tds after Joe came in.
Dan Devine what at pud, future hof qb is your 3rd string qb. Rusty Lisch 2nd string qb, can't remember starter.
same here, was on the 25/30 yardline area, the hit Fred Arrington put on that nd QB was like getting hit by a train. The qb changed direction right into a charging Arrington

Reactions: Jaycee79
I think whatever happens, we will probably overreact. Lol

Win and everyone is talking about 8-9 wins, lose and Walters is a bum.

There must be plenty of people that don't believe that Purdue is #18 in the Big10.

As to scenario #2 in the original post, I favor a first play that sores a 70+ yard TD by Purdue.
While that would get the house a rocking, not sure it won't be a quick side out to Edrine to get him going. Will need a big game from our WRs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT