ADVERTISEMENT

Motivation for Brohm and Purdue Football

Nov 21, 2012
Just read the Brohm take on the front page and noticed a hidden gem at the bottom.(You’re going from a bottom-dwelling Big Ten team to a mid-level ACC team. It's a little bit of lateral move, but Louisville can contend for a championship in the ACC. We've seen that. In the Big Ten, Purdue cannot.”)

If there is anything that should get under Coach Brohm's skin, it is this. Moreso after just destroying the #2 in the Country in only his second year. This quote should be framed on the wall of the locker room and kept there for a very long time.

Let's face it, the general media and public still think that it is impossible to win Championships at Purdue. Even with the monumental work coach Brohm has done in short time, he has done nothing to change this general mindset of those outside of Purdue.

In other words, his work here is not done and won't be done until he at least wins the Conference. If he leaves Purdue before winning a Championship, he will always regret not finishing what he started. Just my opinion, but I don't think he's one to not finish what he starts and won't leave Purdue until he has at least one ring. Once that happens, all bets are off. He will have every option in the world in front of him and will unquestionably leave the program better than he found it. NFL, Louisville, Alabama, Purdue for the next 20, whatever it is, he will have earned the choice.

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, RIVALS.COM
“If Louisville opened, he would probably jump at that because of his connection there. I’m not sure if it will open but he’s definitely going to be one of those hot names, especially after beating Ohio State.

“He had a chance to go to
Tennessee last year based on the rumors. It’s not like he’s sitting around waiting for some big job. He’s looking for the right fit and Louisville could be it. You’re going from a bottom-dwelling Big Ten team to a mid-level ACC team. It's a little bit of lateral move, but Louisville can contend for a championship in the ACC. We've seen that. In the Big Ten, Purdue cannot.”

Who the hell is Mike Farrell?

We are literally contending for a Big Ten championship right now. And with a fraction of the talent/experience Coach is going to have to work with in another couple years.
Who the hell is Mike Farrell?

We are literally contending for a Big Ten championship right now. And with a fraction of the talent/experience Coach is going to have to work with in another couple years.
Wasn't he BJ Honnicutt from MASH?

I have no idea why the media believes that Louisville has a better chance to win a national championship than Purdue? They've accomplished nothing in the ACC. Prior to that they were in the Big East and Conf USA. And it's not like they were dominating those conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT