ADVERTISEMENT

Mostert's big night

rgarlitz

All-American
Jun 16, 2012
121 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns in Miami's 24-17 win over New England. 6.7 yd average.

Raheem is quietly carving out a very respectable NFL career. He's now over 2500 career rushing yards. I still remember Mostert going nuts for the 49ers in the 2019 NFC championship game.

121 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns in Miami's 24-17 win over New England. 6.7 yd average.

Raheem is quietly carving out a very respectable NFL career. He's now over 2500 career rushing yards. I still remember Mostert going nuts for the 49ers in the 2019 NFC championship game.
9th year in the league and 31 years old, but has only about 640 carries in his college and NFL careers COMBINED.

9th year in the league and 31 years old, but has only about 640 carries in his college and NFL careers COMBINED.
He's had an up-and-down career, no doubt. I'm sure he's experienced plenty of frustration, but he's also shown admirable resilience--both at Purdue and in the NFL. Mostert isn't heading to the Hall of Fame. Still, I'd wager his production is in the top half of all running backs who have signed with NFL teams in the past decade. His longevity alone has been remarkable.

He's had an up-and-down career, no doubt. I'm sure he's experienced plenty of frustration, but he's also shown admirable resilience--both at Purdue and in the NFL. Mostert isn't heading to the Hall of Fame. Still, I'd wager his production is in the top half of all running backs who have signed with NFL teams in the past decade. His longevity alone has been remarkable.
Jonathan Taylor has THREE times the number of college and NFL carries that Raheem has, and is 7 years younger. Think about that…

Jonathan Taylor has THREE times the number of college and NFL carries that Raheem has, and is 7 years younger. Think about that…
Ok, so there are better backs in the league. No argument from me on that point. Taylor was also an All-American and a 2nd round draft pick.

Mostert's made the most of his opportunities. He's put together a respectable NFL career, especially for an undrafted player.

Reactions: drewjin and Mobes
Ok, so there are better backs in the league. No argument from me on that point. Taylor was also an All-American and a 2nd round draft pick.

Mostert's made the most of his opportunities. He's put together a respectable NFL career, especially for an undrafted player.
I’m just pointing out why he’s still so good at 31. JT will be long gone by age 30.

Raheem had another big day against the winless Panthers: 115 yards, 3 total tds (2 rush, 1 catch), 6.8 yd average including a 49-yard run.

Mostert and the Fins are rolling.
Leads the NFL in total touchdowns. That offense has so much speed that they create a lot of matchup problems. They'll be interesting to watch as the season progresses.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Leads the NFL in total touchdowns. That offense has so much speed that they create a lot of matchup problems. They'll be interesting to watch as the season progresses.
hopefully they continue next week and beat the eagles too

Doesn't hurt that they have a very good OL, unlike what he had at Purdue.

It is amazing how our OL has been average at best for so many years. Brees had that great OL with all of those NFL players, and we have not been able to assemble anything close to that since, except for an individual lineman here and there. We haven't had a good OL in over 20 years.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
Doesn't hurt that they have a very good OL, unlike what he had at Purdue.

It is amazing how our OL has been average at best for so many years. Brees had that great OL with all of those NFL players, and we have not been able to assemble anything close to that since, except for an individual lineman here and there. We haven't had a good OL in over 20 years.
like what Barkley is finding out w/ that revolving door of an OL w/ the Giants

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT